but he will take everything

in camera talk Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:23 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

Hall of Famer Paul Coffey was recently suspended by the Greater Toronto Hockey League for using a "discriminatory slur," according to The Hockey News. THN.com reported Wednesday that Coffey, who coaches his son Blakes Toronto Marlboros midget AAA team, was involved in a verbal confrontation last Friday during their playoff game against the Mississauga Senators. The hockey publication added that Coffey was originally assessed a gross misconduct penalty for a discriminatory slur and was handed a three-game suspension after an automatic investigation by the GTHL. Coffey was not behind the bench with his team for their playoff game on Tuesday night. The GTHL would not confirm that Coffey was suspended, as its not league policy to disclose its suspensions. However, the league did confirm that the altercation happened and was not considered too serious. "From what I understand, the two opposing coaches went at each other near the end of the game," GTHL President John Gardner told The Toronto Sun on Wednesday. "People do and say crazy things at this time of year, its the playoffs. I think it has been blown out of proportion. "Paul Coffey is a good coach who has done nothing wrong since being involved in this league. But lets face it, hockey is an emotional game and people sometimes say things they dont mean." Neither the Marlies nor Coffey have commented about the incident or the decision, but an official from Mississauga did tell the The Hockey News that the Senators lobbied the GTHL to be lenient, sharing the same sentiment that the situation was being blown out of proportion. "Obviously there has to be punishment, regardless of who is involved," Gardner added. "But in my opinion, I would say this was a minor incident." Coffey, 52, played for 21 seasons in the NHL, winning four Stanley Cups and three Norris trophies as the leagues best defenceman. He was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2004. Files from The Hockey News and The Toronto Sun were used for this report. Wholesale Shoes Black Friday . Cavaliers shooting guard Craig Ehlo makes a solid play on the ball, but still Jordan hits the amazing shot. China Shoes Black Friday . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. https://www.cheapshoesblackfriday.com/. The team announced the defensive coordinator will not be offered a contract extension. Cheap Shoes Black Friday .J. -- Omar Cummings helped the Houston Dynamo advance to the MLS Eastern Conference finals. Shoes Black Friday Deals 2020 . -- Adrian Peterson takes a look around the league and sees big money flying everywhere.BEREA, Ohio -- Brian Hoyer knows Johnny Manziel is gunning for his job, but the Browns incumbent starting quarterback wants to make one thing clear. Its his job to lose. "To me, this is my team until someone else tells me otherwise," Hoyer said. And after a rain-soaked practice Monday morning, the evidence would point to that still being the case, as Hoyer took his reps with the first-team offence, relegating Manziel to second-team duty. He may be fighting for the starting job, but for now, the Browns remain Hoyers team. That doesnt mean Manziel wont get the opportunity to prove himself before Cleveland takes on Washington next Monday night. Browns coach Mike Pettine said the reps will be mixed this week, and a decision on the starting quarterback for the second preseason game will come later in the week. In other words, nothing is locked up. However, Hoyer still has the inside track at the starting job hes been maintaining to this point. And it might not be that tenuous of a lead, according to Pettine. As far as hes concerned, Hoyer is in the same position hes been in all of training camp. "Nothings changed. If there was a significant change on the depth chart, it would be reflected on the field," Pettine said. But Hoyer and Manziel havent been able to create much distance between each other. In Saturdays preseason opener, a 13-12 loss to the Detroit Lions, Hoyer completed 6 of 14 passes for 92 yards. Manziel was 7 of 11 for 63 yards, but flashed the ability to use his legs by rushing for 27 yards on six carries. Neither quarterback was able to get his team into the end zone. Neither looked particularly sharp in sloppier, rainy conditions on Monday. Hoyer threw two interceptions, one each to Joe Haden and Buster Skrine. On Hadens interception, Hoyers intended receiver, Miles Austin, slipped in the slick grass and allowed Haden to get the pick. AAs for Manziel, he didnt show much in the way of a rhythm during practice, but the confident rookie is simply going to try to make the best of his opportunities, whatever they may be.dddddddddddd "I dont expect anything," Manziel said. "I expect to come out and get the reps and get the teamwork that Im told Im going to get. I hope to do whatever the coaches tell me." That includes playing in less than ideal conditions. Rather than move the practice inside when it started to rain, Pettine kept his team on the field to get some playing time in bad weather. "Im sure we need to get used to playing in a little bit different conditions. Cant be perfect every day," Manziel said. As for what Manziel could do to potentially win the starting job, Pettine says there are a few things Manziel can continue to do, but he will take everything into consideration. "Just continue to master his craft, run the offence, be efficient," Pettine said. "I dont think its a tangible thing where you can say if he does this, then this will happen." The race remains up in the air, but eventually, someone is going to have to win the starting quarterback job for the Browns. "If youre going to put a job at a starting role, Ive always felt that needs to be earned," Pettine said. Now Hoyer or Manziel just need to do it. NOTES: TE Jordan Cameron (shoulder) returned to practice in a no-contact brown jersey. He didnt participate much in team drills, but did catch a pass from Manziel and was able to turn up the sideline. . WR Josh Gordon sat out practice with an unspecified minor injury. Other players riding the bikes included WR Nate Burleson (hamstring), FB MarQueis Gray (concussion), CB Justin Gilbert (groin), DL Billy Winn (abdomen), LB Darius Eubanks (shoulder) and LT Joe Thomas, who was getting a scheduled day off. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen