lot of younger guys

in second hand Lense Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:23 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

DOBBIACO, Italy -- Another podium finish for Canadian Alex Harvey on Friday. Harvey, of St-Ferreol-les-Neiges, Que., finished third in the gruelling 35-kilometre freestyle pursuit. The race was fifth of seven stages in the Tour de Ski circuit. Harvey, 25, started 35 seconds behind leader Martin Johnsrud Sundby of Norway. He tucked himself into a group of seven athletes, conserving energy for the first 18-kilometre high-speed climb on the mountain pass before the descent into Toblach. "My plan was to fight for dear life and hang on to that group," said Harvey. "It went a lot easier on the climb than I thought. "Its a unique race that we only do once a year and you really never know how far in you are. It is a challenge mentally and fun to chase people down and form little groups." Harvey also won gold in the prologue race at the Tour opener in Oberhof, Germany and was second in the sprint race in Lenzerheide, Switzerland. With heavy snow and warm conditions projected for the 10-kilometre classic-ski race in Val di Fiemme, Italy on Saturday, recovery will be critical for the final two stages. "Im really happy with how things went," said Harvey, who is third in the overall standings. "Heading into the Tour I was hoping for a few top-five finishes, but to be in the top-three overall the whole way is exciting." Johnsrud Sundby won the race to increase his overall lead, showing hell be a medal contender at next months Sochi Olympics. Sundby posted a time of one hour, 20 minutes, 18.7 seconds. Compatriot Petter Northug beat Harvey in a sprint for second, finishing 58.2 seconds behind Johnsrud Sundby. Harvey was third, 58.7 behind. "I tried to keep a steady pace," Sundby said. "Luckily I had a good day and was able to keep the gap." Still, Harvey registered his 10th career World Cup podium. He has two world championship medals. Devon Kershaw, of Sudbury, Ont., was 23rd in 1:23:24.0. Ivan Babikov, of Canmore, Alta., finished 28th in 1:23:25.0 despite skiing four of the first five kilometres without a pole. Sundby moved 1:03.2 ahead of Northug in the overall standings, with Harvey in third, 1:08.7 behind. In the womens 15-kilometre free pursuit, Astrid Uhrenholdt Jacobsen of Norway maintained her overall lead by winning in 37:30.3. Two-time runner-up Therese Johaug, also of Norway, finished second, 38.7 behind, and Anne Kyllonen of Finland was third, 1:12.2 behind. In the overall standings, Jacobsen holds a 43.7-second lead over Johaug, with Kyllonen 1:22.2 behind in third. The Tour concludes over the weekend in Val di Fiemme, highlighted by the traditional climb up Mount Cermis on Sunday. "I still hold (Johaug) as the favourite with her climbing ability for the final stages," Jacobsen said. "But my shape is getting better and better and I feel like Im on track for the Olympic Games, which is the most important thing." The Sochi Olympics start Feb. 7. Rob Deer Jersey . As if he had been rehearsing it, Vasquez looked around with a grimacing stare as he clinched two fists and flexed his muscles. What do you think of DeMar DeRozans face after he hits a big shot, he was asked moments earlier. Junior Guerra Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Defensive Depth TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun is reporting the Toronto Maple Leafs have considerable interest in unrestricted free-agent defenceman Dan Boyle. https://www.cheapbrewers.com/889y-hernan...ey-brewers.html. A player confirmed to TSN on the condition of anonymity that he received his ballot yesterday. Another confirms hes been told to expect his shortly. "The unions executive committee insists a strike vote does not mean were pushing away from the table," the player said. "But we want the league to know were serious about our position. Bud Selig Jersey David Freitas Jersey . Kelli Stack and Alex Carpenter also scored for the Americans, who avoided a repeat of Finlands upset at the Four Nations Cup in Lake Placid, N.Y., in November. Finnish goalie Noora Raty made 58 saves in that one, but the three-time Olympian could stop just 40 of 43 U.TAMPA, Fla. - Carlos Beltran is excited to play alongside Derek Jeter on the New York Yankees. "I know he has a lot of championships, but I have none," Beltran said. "Hopefully I can win one." Now 36 and still in search of his first World Series title, Beltran left the St. Louis Cardinals for a $45 million, three-year deal with the Yankees, his sixth major league team in 17 seasons. Beltran hit .296 last season with 24 home runs and 84 RBIs, reaching the World Series for the first time. Now hes on a team that expects to be in the World Series every year. "Of course we have to win," the eight-time All-Star outfielder said Monday after his first workout at the teams minor league complex. "I dont know how far we will go, but at least we have to do something positive, and better than what they did last year, no doubt about that." After missing the playoffs for just the second time in 19 years, New York embarked on a spending spree of nearly half-a-billion dollars, adding four marquee free agents in Beltran, Masahiro Tanaka, Brian McCann and Jacoby Ellsbury. "They went out and spent a lot money on players to try to improve the ballclub," Beltran said. "You want to be around an organization like that, where every year theyre trying to improve, theyre trying to get better." Second baseman Robinson Cano — the Yankees top hitter — did leave for a $240 million, 10-year deal with Seattle, while Mariano Rivera and Andy Pettitte both retired. "I think we have a real good team," Beltran said. "I believe the lineup that we have, we have a pretty good lineup." Beltran joined Brian Roberts, Kelly Johnson and Eduardo Nunez three days before the first full-squad workout. After batting practice, instead of taking fly balls, Beltran fielded grounders at second with Roberts, signed as Canos replacement. "Im just trying to get to know the guys," Beltran said. "I was talking to Roberts a little bit there. Hes a switch-hitter..dddddddddddd. Im a switch-hitter. So, we were talking about, maybe, working together a little bit this year." Beltran did not get a chance to work out with Jeter, who announced last week that he will retire after the 2014 season. The Yankees captain, who has been practicing at the minor league complex for past four weeks, usually takes a few days off before formal workouts begin. "For me, hes been a big part of baseball," Beltran said. "I feel personally, he got enough of baseball. Hes been doing this so long, and doing it the right way. Hes a pro on, off the field. Its sad for baseball, youre going to lose a guy like that, but at the same time theres a lot of younger guys coming up that, hopefully, they could take his spot." "Being able to play with a guy that is a Hall of Famer, first-ballot Hall of Famer, is a great feeling," Beltran added. "Im just looking forward to playing with him, looking forward to hopefully have this team win a championship." NOTES: Manager Joe Girardi wouldnt go into detail on any problem the Yankees had with Canos lack of hustle at times. Hitting coach Kevin Long was quoted in Mondays editions of the New York Daily News as saying "If somebody told me I was a dog, Id have to fix that. When you choose not to, you leave yourself open to taking heat, and thats your fault. For whatever reason, Robbie chose not to." Girardi pulled Cano from a game against Tampa Bay in September 2008 when he was late retrieving Cliff Floyds hard grounder that caromed into shallow right field, then benched the second baseman the following night. "I have discussions with all of our players on how we expect them to play the game," Girardi said. ... Girardi also said RHP Michael Pineda, sidelined since shoulder surgery two years ago, looked good in his bullpen session Monday. Pineda is among the candidates for the No. 5 starter. ... RHP Yoshinori Tateyama, his arrival delayed by a visa issue, began workouts after missing two days. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen