thing. Goodell also responded

in camera talk Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:09 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

A recent surge by the Toronto Maple Leafs includes their longest win streak in almost a year, though its been 12 since they defeated the Los Angeles Kings at home. The Maple Leafs go for a fifth straight win while attempting to snap a four-game home slide against the Kings at Air Canada Centre on Sunday. Toronto (17-9-3) is 8-1-1 since a 9-2 loss to Nashville on Nov. 18, outscoring the opposition 40-22 in that span and by a 14-5 margin during its four-game winning streak. The Maple Leafs havent put together a longer streak since a six-game run Jan. 12-21. They moved closer to matching that streak Saturday, scoring four unanswered goals in a 4-1 win over Detroit to earn a sweep of a home-and-home set against their Atlantic Division and Original Six rival. We were more energetic, coach Randy Carlyle said. James van Riemsdyk scored against the Red Wings to give him 10 points in the last 10 games. The left wing has collected two goals and as many assists in the past three, and he has five points in six career meetings with Los Angeles (15-10-5). The Maple Leafs, however, have lost four straight against the Kings in Toronto since their last home victory in the series on Nov. 12, 2002. Jonathan Bernier may get a chance to end the slide against his former team after James Reimer tweaked his groin in practice ahead of Saturdays expected start. Bernier stepped in with 27 saves and is 7-1-1 with a 2.34 goals-against average in nine games. Hes also stopped 59 of 61 shots in his last two starts. Bernier suffered a groin injury of his own at Los Angeles on March 13, stopping eight of 10 shots before Reimer made all 31 stops in the final two periods of a 3-2 victory. Bernier was beaten twice in the third period of a 3-1 loss to the Kings in the most recent home meeting on Dec. 11, 2013. The Kings would like a similar performance as they try to solve their poor play in front of the night. Theyve been outscored 12-8 during a 1-3-0 stretch, but that includes Thursdays 5-3 win at Ottawa. Los Angeles followed that up a day later with another frustrating offensive display in a 6-2 loss at Montreal. The Kings finished with a 46-20 shot advantage, dominating the first period at 14-4 only to trail 1-0. We had the puck a lot and we created a lot, but no goals at the end of it, said defenseman Jake Muzzin, who scored on one of his six shots after getting three assists against the Senators. You need goals to win. I thought we battled back and stuck with it and continued trying to fight and get some more goals. It just wasnt happening. Getting production from Anze Kopitar and Jeff Carter would surely help after they led the team with 29 and 27 goals, respectively, last season. Theyve combined for 13 this season, and Carter hasnt found the net for 13 straight games. Kopitar isnt much better with one goal in 12 contests, and both failed to get on the score sheet against the Canadiens while combining for a minus-5 rating. Kopitar, though, had a goal against the Maple Leafs on March 13, while Carter netted one and assisted on another at Toronto last Dec. 11. Sneakers Sale . Vonn "reopened" the idea of competing in the season-opening World Cup event on Oct. 26-27 in Soelden, Austria after returning to the slopes last month in Portillo, Chile. Air Max 270 Sale . - The New York Rangers have momentum, a unified locker room and Henrik Lundqvist. https://www.wholesaleshoesforcheap.com/vapormax-sale/. - Maxence Parrot of Bromont, Que. Yeezy 350 Sale . -- Caris LeVert had 14 points and a career-high 11 rebounds for his first career double-double, and No. Replica Wholesale Shoes . Follow all the action live on TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto, TSN Radio 690 in Montreal, TSN Radio 1260 in Edmonton and TEAM 1410 on Friday at 3pm et/Noon pt.New York, NY (SportsNetwork.com) - Roger Goodell found himself often playing defense as he met with reporters two days prior to Super Bowl XLIX, with the ongoing deflate-gate controversy and questions about the Commissioners own job performance dominating the discussion at his annual state of the league address. Goodell acknowledged that the 2014 season, during which hes endured heavy public criticism for his handling of a number of league matters -- most notably the domestic violence case involving former Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice -- has been a tough year on me personally. Its been a year of humility and learning, he stated. We obviously as an organization have gone through adversity. We take it seriously, Its an opportunity for us to get better. So weve all done a lot of soul searching, starting with yours truly. Goodell was at one point asked if there were any set of circumstances that would lead him to resign, to which he firmly replied that he had no plans of doing so. Another media member questioned as to whether he deserved a pay cut over the leagues recent travails, with Goodell saying his salary is decided by the 32 owners. Allegations of perceived favoritism towards one of Sundays participants, the New England Patriots, were also prevalent during Fridays 48-minute press conference.dddddddddddd One reporter asked the Commissioner if his close relationship with New England owner Robert Kraft could potentially impact the leagues investigation over the Patriots use of improperly deflated footballs in the AFC Championship Game. Goodell attended a party at Krafts residence shortly prior to the teams 45-7 win over the Indianapolis Colts. I admire, respect and think very highly of him on a personal level. Theres no hiding from that point, said Goodell of Kraft. Since he knows me so well and knows that Im not going to do anything to compromise the integrity of the league, I think he has no doubt that I will do the right thing. Goodell also responded to Krafts recent statement that the league owed his team an apology if the current investigation, overseen by prominent attorney Ted Wells, finds that the Patriots did no wrongdoing. This is my job. Its my responsibility to protect integrity of the game, he remarked. I represent 32 teams. If we have any information that rules were violated, I have to pursue that. We will do it vigorously and it is important for (the investigation) to be thorough and fair. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen