hosts with 23 points

in second hand Lense Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:50 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

WINNIPEG -- His confidence took a beating last season but Winnipeg Jets goaltender Ondrej Pavelec says its time to turn the page, get his mojo back and strengthen his game for the upcoming season. "Its huge," Pavelec said of the importance of confidence to an NHL goalie. "When you have confidence you feel like the game is so slow and the puck is bigger. "When you dont feel confident, the puck is so small." Pavelec hit the ice for the first time Friday with the veterans and young prospects at the Jets camp. It opened at the clubs practice arena before a packed gathering. This is a critical season for the Jets as they look to show some progress. Its nothing new for Pavelec to hear that many hockey pundits consider it to be an important campaign for the 27-year-old Czech netminder as well. Pavelecs numbers were among the leagues worst last season. He allowed the most goals and was tied with former New Jersey Devil Martin Brodeur for the worst save percentage among players to appear in 39 games or more. But Jets coach Paul Maurice says the entire team must play better defensive hockey before anyone can fairly assess its netminder. Pavelec says he avoids reading newspapers and watching TV and wants put last season to rest. "Theres nothing really you can do about it right now," Pavelec said. "I tried to have a good summer, come here in good shape and start again. "I put everything behind me and now its a new start." Pavelec certainly looks leaner than he did in his last three seasons in Winnipeg although he wont say how much weight he has lost. The Jets finished 22nd in the NHL standings last season just over the .500 mark. A five-game losing streak after Christmas cost head coach Claude Noel his job. Things improved under Maurice but not enough to gain ground in the tough Central Division, where the Jets were moved to when the franchise relocated from Atlanta to Winnipeg. They finished last in the Central with 84 points. Captain Andrew Ladd says the Jets played through adversity last year and are ready to take their game to another level as they attempt to reach the playoffs for just the second time in franchise history. "I think that got everybody excited about the potential of what we can do when we play the right way," he said. "I feel that excitement coming into camp that we can take this to the next level." Many young prospects, like top draft pick Nik Ehlers, are trying to crack the roster this season. But at age 18, Ehlers knows he needs to add some muscle. "Im not the guy who goes in and gives big hits," said the speedy five-foot-11, 165-pound forward. "Ive never been that guy and Im not going to change that. "But I want to get in there and be physical to. Its the NHL and everybody has to be strong. Everybody has to be strong along the boards and I obviously try to get better at that. Well see what happens." Ehlers and other young players like defenceman Josh Morrissey and forward Adam Lowry wont have to wait long for some competition. The first exhibition game is Monday at home against the Minnesota Wild. Maurice wants to see if the young players are ready. "I have no aversion to youth playing," he said. "If a player can come in and play in a meaningful way then his age has nothing to do with it." But Maurice said if theyre not, they shouldnt be in the NHL, adding it will do neither the team nor the player any good to rush things. The 2014 Jets look pretty much like last years team, with the biggest changes being the addition of Mathieu Perreault and departure of Olli Jokinen. The centres had the same point totals last year, although Perreault played fewer games and is almost 10 years younger. Perreault is looking forward to getting time on Winnipegs power-play units, something that didnt happen with either the Anaheim Ducks or Washington Capitals. "Other than that, I think my role is going to be pretty similar, like third-line (or) second-line centre," he said. "If theres injuries I can always step up and play a bigger role." Royals Jerseys 2020 . -- The Chicago Bears say they have agreed to a one-year contract with centre Roberto Garza. Frank White Jersey . In his first game with Boston University, the 17-year-old Eichel picked up five assists as his Boston University Terriers thumped St. https://www.cheaproyals.com/1377a-danny-...sey-royals.html. The club was unable to retain hitting coach Kevin Seitzer, who is bound for Atlanta. Seitzer replaces Greg Walker, who was assisted by Scott Fletcher this season as the Braves finished 79-83. Nicky Lopez Jersey . Paire broke Giraldo twice and lost his serve once in both sets to wrap up the win in 1 hour, 10 minutes. He will next face Pablo Carreno Busta of Spain, who advanced when Jurgen Zopp of Estonia retired with an injury at 5-5 in the first set. Jesse Hahn Jersey . "I only want to go through this one more time," Crosby said Friday. The 24-year-old captain hasnt played since the symptoms resurfaced following a loss to Boston on Dec. 5. Doctors allowed him to return to full practice on Tuesday and while Crosby is pleased with the way his body is responding he refuses to put on his return.(SportsNetwork.com) - The Los Angeles Lakers started the 2012 season 0-3 and the third straight loss came at the hands of the rival Clippers. History could repeat itself when the Pacific foes renew their rivalry Friday night at Staples Center. The Lakers lost their season opener to Houston, 108-90, then were hammered in Phoenix by a 119-99 score Wednesday. Kobe Bryant, who scored 19 points in Tuesdays loss to the Rockets, put up 31 points on 11-of-25 shooting against the Suns. Bryant, of course, is coming back from an Achilles tear and knee injury. I told you guys from the beginning I am back to myself, Bryant said. Ed Davis and Wayne Ellington rounded out the double-digit scorers for Los Angeles with 14 and 13 points, respectively, off the bench. The Suns had six players in double figures, including two with 20 or more, and scored a 39-23 difference in the third quarter. Jeremy Lin has yet to score in double figures with seven and six points in his first two games with LA. Los Angeles is without rookie forward Julius Randle (leg) for the season and is 9-2 in the last 11 games on Halloween-night games. The team is 11-5 overall on the specific night. While the Lakers, who are the home team on Friday night, could finish near the bottom of the Western Conference, the Clippers are expected to be at the top. The Clippers got their season started off with a bang,, handing the Kevin Durant-less Oklahoma City Thunder a 93-90 defeat Thursday night.dddddddddddd Thunder guard Russell Westbrook is supposed to pick up the slack in Durants absence, but he suffered a broken hand early in the game. Still, Los Angeles had trouble with OKC and managed to prevail even though it shot 39.1 percent from the floor. Blake Griffin led the hosts with 23 points and seven rebounds, while Chris Paul posted 22 points and seven assists. LA was dreadful from 3-point territory, going 7-for-30 beyond the arc. The Clippers were even outrebounded, 47-33, but had 14 on the offensive end. Opening nights are tough. We won but we didnt play well, Clippers head coach Doc Rivers said. I didnt like our tempo. We have to play at a better pace. DeAndre Jordan grabbed 10 boards to go along with eight points. Jamal Crawford scored 16 points off the bench. This was the first regular season game for new Clippers owner and former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, who purchased the team for a record $2 billion this offseason. The Clippers went 3-1 against the Lakers last season and won all four meetings in 2012-13. The Lakers are 10-3 in the last 13 games as the host in this series and lead the all-time rivalry, 144-56. Bryant is averaging 25.9 points in 64 career games (56 starts) against the Clippers. He has two 50-point games against them. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen