said Tortorella about the

in camera talk Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:00 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

NEW YORK -- Aaron Harang knew the score, hed done this before: No hits, too many tosses. Harang didnt allow a hit for seven innings but was pulled after 121 pitches, and reliever Luis Avilan gave up David Wrights two-out single in the eighth as the Atlanta Braves beat the New York Mets 6-0 Friday night. "It wasnt that tough of a decision, really," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. As Harangs pitch count increased on a chilly evening, it seemed doubtful he would go the distance. Harang walked six, including two in the sixth inning and another pair in the seventh. "I know how it works," he said. Sure does. In 2011, in his first start for San Diego after missing a month because of a foot injury, he pitched no-hit ball for six innings and was taken out after 95 pitches. Harang retired the first two Mets batters in the seventh, then went to full counts on the next three. He threw 23 pitches in the inning. "If Im through eight, Im going back out," Harang said. Harang (3-1) left for a pinch hitter during a long, four-run eighth. He was never in the on-deck circle -- the decision had already been made. Gonzalez had Harangs health in mind. The 35-year-old righty said he fought his manager, but not much. "I know its probably the hardest decision hes ever going to have to make," Harang said. "He reiterated multiple times, Man, I hate doing that." Gonzalez said it wasnt quite that difficult. "I want him pitching 27 more times," Gonzalez said. "If it was the ninth inning, maybe, think about it." "It gets to the point you chase that no-hitter, chase that dragon, youre up to 140 pitches," he said. "I think we made the right decision." Jordan Walden completed the combined one-hitter. The Mets hit few balls hard against the resurgent Harang, who lowered his ERA to an NL-best 0.70. The closest they came to a hit off him was actually on a check-swing tapper by Travis dArnaud in the second inning. Second baseman Dan Uggla charged, snapped a throw and dArnaud was called out. Television replays appeared to show dArnaud mightve been safe with an infield hit, and manager Terry Collins discussed the call with first base umpire Eric Cooper. But Collins didnt challenge it because Lucas Duda, who had been on first, tried to advance to third and was easily beaten by first baseman Freddie Freemans return throw. "I thought I was safe, but its the perfect reason to not challenge something because there was an out at third," dArnaud said. "I know that if you get it right, they give it back to you, but Terry went out, talked to the umpire and then explained the whole situation to me." Wright spoiled the combo no-hit bid with a clean single to left field. The 6-foot-7 Harang took a no-hit try into the seventh inning for the second time this year. He did it in his season debut, giving up a leadoff single in the seventh at Milwaukee. He has never pitched a no-hitter in 13 major league seasons. Harang struck out five. He fanned pinch hitter Andrew Brown with runners at first and second with his final pitch, protecting a 1-0 lead. Harang finished up last season with the Mets, then was let go by Cleveland in spring training. He kept up the Braves recent run of stellar pitching. Julio Teheran beat Philadelphia 1-0 on Wednesday and Alex Wood lost to the Phillies 1-0 Thursday. The Mets had their three-game winning streak snapped. Before the game, they traded slumping first baseman Ike Davis to Pittsburgh and activated outfielder Chris Young from the disabled list. Freeman hit his fifth homer, a two-run shot in the eighth. The Braves got a run on a strange sequence that began with a double by Uggla -- Justin Upton was thrown out at home on the play, but Uggla headed to third and scored when dArnaud threw wildly into left field. Jordan Schafer added an RBI double beyond the reach of right fielder Curtis Granderson. Chris Johnson hit an RBI double off Jonathon Niese (0-2) in the second for a 1-0 lead. NOTES: RHP Ervin Santana (1-0, 0.64 ERA) starts for Atlanta on Saturday vs. RHP Bartolo Colon (1-2, 6.00). Colon has been having back trouble, and Collins said Daisuke Matsuzaka needed to be ready in case the problem flares up. ... Kent Mercker pitched the Braves last no-hitter in 1994. Wholesale Jordan 1 . - Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson sat on the scorers table at Oracle Arena on Wednesday morning. Jordan 1 Banned China . The stress, the waiting, the whispers about whether he doped during his stellar cycling career, all of it ended when - after nearly two years - federal prosecutors closed an investigation of him last week without bringing any charges. http://www.bestfakejordan1.com/.com) - John Wall supplied 24 points and 11 assists in leading the Washington Wizards to a 102-91 win over the New York Knicks on Christmas Day. Cheap White Jordan 1 . -- Canadian mens rugby coach Kieran Crowley has made four changes to his starting roster for Saturdays Pacific Nations Cup clash against the United States. Fake Jordan 1 High . Scott scored a career-high 30 points, Jeff Teague added 28 and the Hawks rallied to beat the New York Knicks 107-98 on Saturday night. "We were down Paul, down so many bodies," Scott said.Vancouver Canucks head coach John Tortorella wasnt happy with his teams effort in Tuesdays shootout loss to the Florida Panthers and hes ready to go back to square one. "Were just throwing s--- at the wall hoping something sticks," said Tortorella about the possible line combinations for Fridays game against Columbus. The Canucks have lost five straight games and six of their last seven, leaving them in a logjam in the Pacific Division, currently sitting fifth - good for ninth in the Western Conference. "Im not going to sit here and...say well, this guys doing this, that will work," said Tortorella, in his first year as Canucks bench boss. Tortorella appears open to shuffling any of his lines, and that includes potentially splitting up the Sedin brothers.dddddddddddd At Thursdays practice at the University of British Columbia, Henrik Sedin centred a line between Jannik Hansen and Chris Higgins, while twin Daniel found himself with Ryan Kesler and Mike Santorelli. Tortorella was noncommittal, though, as to how long these changes would stay in effect or even if he would employ them in a game scenario at all. "Im not sure where it goes, how long it goes and we see if we can find our way," said the coach. Fridays opponent, the Blue Jackets, have lost seven of 10 games but came away with a 2-1 overtime victory over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen