Houston CF Dexter Fowler

in second hand Camera Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:34 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- The intensity of the Memphis Grizzlies returned and so did the character of a team that has struggled the past two weeks. The result was a 107-102 victory over the Miami Heat on Wednesday night, keeping the Grizzlies in the hunt for the last playoff spot in the Western Conference. Zach Randolph had 25 points and 11 rebounds, while Marc Gasol added 20 points and 14 rebounds as Memphis stayed within a game of the Phoenix Suns, who hold the eighth spot. The Suns defeated the New Orleans Pelicans 94-88 also on Wednesday night. "The headline of the day is the Grizzlies got the win, much needed win," said guard Tony Allen, whose defensive intensity in the second half helped Memphis force nine Miami turnovers leading to 20 Grizzlies points. "We want to continue to polish what weve got going, trying to race into the playoffs." LeBron James led the Heat with 37 points, connecting on 14 of 23 shots, including 3 of 5 from beyond the arc. Rashard Lewis scored 17, and Chris Bosh finished with 13 points. Mario Chalmers scored 12 points for the Heat. The loss, coupled with the Indiana Pacers 104-102 win at Milwaukee, dropped the Heat into the second spot in the Eastern Conference. Mike Conley finished with a team-high 26 points and handed out six assists for Memphis. Courtney Lee added 18 points. The scoring of Randolph and Gasol contributed to a 60-30 advantage in the paint for Memphis. The Grizzles outrebounded the Heat 41-27, who were without reserve frontline players Greg Oden, Udonis Haslem and Chris Andersen, along with second-leading scorer Dwyane Wade. "Obviously, those are key guys out against a team you need big bodies against," James said of the absences, and noting the double-doubles by Randolph and Gasol. "I thought for the most part, we played a pretty good game to win. The fourth quarter got a little away from us." The fourth quarter was where the intensity of Allen that had been missing in recent weeks emerged. The defensive leader of the Grizzlies acknowledged being in a funk recently, but Allen, who guarded James much of the game, returned to his frenetic ways. "When Tonys being Tony, when hes making the big plays defensively, doing the little things offensively, he picks everybody up," Conley said. "He doesnt have to say a word. You can see the energy." The teams were tied at 91 after Lewis 3-pointer was topped with a foul when Gasol bumped him. The ensuing free throw tied the game with 5:43 left. Memphis turned up the defence at that point and scored in its transition game. Conleys 3-pointer with just over 4 minutes left gave Memphis a 100-93 lead, causing Miami coach Erik Spoelstra to call timeout. The Grizzlies got another turnover on the next possession and Conley converted another 3-pointer to give Memphis its first double-digit lead at 103-93, completing a 12-2 run with 3:34 left and sealing the game for Memphis. "We gave up a couple of leak outs," Bosh said. "All it takes is one or two times, you dont get guys back. They got it up to an eight-point lead. In a game like this, thats like 20 against a team like this." There werent many misses to start the game. The teams combined to hit 11 of their first 12 shots. Memphis would end up starting 10 of 11, while the Heat were 6 of 7 from beyond the arc, and Randolph hit all eight of his shots in the quarter. By the end of the first quarter, the teams were 27 of 37. "Just trying to be aggressive," Randolph said of the perfection. "You know, I hit shots and guys kept coming to me." Despite Randolphs accuracy, the Heat carried a 58-54 lead into halftime. Lees 3-pointer at the close of the third period originally was ruled too late. But after review the call was overturned and the teams entered the final quarter tied at 80. "First of all, the turnovers were pick-6s," Spoelstra said of the fourth quarter. "They had more than a handful of those. "It was a tale of two halves offensively. That probably as much as anything got us in trouble." NOTES: James connected on a 4-point play early in the third quarters when he was fouled at the top of the key by Grizzlies F James Johnson. ... The Heat entered the game 27-2 when James scores at least 37 points. ... Randolphs eight field goals in the first quarter tied a franchise mark held by Mike Bibby. ... Memphis has won 12 straight at home. The Grizzlies are 9-0 when facing teams coming into Memphis on the second night of a back-to-back. The Heat lost to Brooklyn 88-87 on Tuesday night. Whit Merrifield Jersey . Toronto (11-12) gave up leads in 10-8 and 11-4 losses to the Baltimore Orioles this week. It was never close Friday as the Boston Red Sox got to Mark Buehrle early en route to an 8-1 win. A. J. Hinch Jersey .com) - Marian Gaborik scored his sixth goal in the last four games to help the Los Angeles Kings top the Arizona Coyotes, 4-2, Saturday at Staples Center. https://www.cheaproyals.com/1237a-dan-qu...sey-royals.html. Mike Vecchione tied it at 2 with 4:01 left in the first, Saskatoon native Eli Lichtenwald gave the Dutchman the lead 57 seconds later, and Daniel Ciampini capped the spree with 2:57 to go. Denny Matthews Jersey .I get texts: Do you know Drake? Have you met Drake? He sits there every night, he hears me cuss out the referees every night, Casey said, laughing. Jeff Suppan Jersey . You can watch all the action on TSN and TSN GO beginning at 8:30pm et/5:30pm pt. Minnesota dropped the first two tests of this best-of-seven set at Chicagos United Center and was outscored by a combined 9-3 margin in those setbacks. However, the Wild righted themselves at home by taking Game 3 by a 4-0 count before knotting the series at two games apiece with Fridays 4-2 triumph at Xcel Energy Center.HOUSTON -- C.J. Wilson had a simple plan for his second start after a dud in his season debut. "Just told myself Im going to pick my spot and stay with my spot and not try to overdo it," Wilson said. It was an effective approach, allowing him to pitch eight solid innings while Howie Kendrick and Raul Ibanez each drove in three runs to send the Los Angeles Angels over the Houston Astros 9-1 Monday. The Angels took three of four from Houston after starting the season 0-3. Wilson (1-1) yielded four hits and a run while fanning seven. He looked a lot more like the 17-game winner he was last year than he did in his first start this season when he gave up eight hits and six runs in 5 2-3 innings of a loss to Seattle. In that game, he said, all the hits in that game came when "I basically overthrew or did something mechanically wrong." He didnt have that problem Monday. "I was able to throw curveballs for strikes and changeups for strikes, which was big," Wilson said. "I only threw a couple sliders because I didnt really need to." Houston struggled to get anything going off of him. Jesus Guzman doubled with one out in the second before Wilson retired nine in a row. A double by Chris Carter came with one out in the fifth inning, and Wilson sat down 10 straight after that. The Astros finally got on the board when Carlos Corporan launched a 76 mph curveball into the Crawford Boxes in left field for a home run that made it 8-1. "First-pitch strikes were huge for him and when he did get behind in the count he was able to command some off-speed pitches to get back into the count," manager Mike Scioscia said. "He couldnt have really done a much better job than he did." Though he didnt need his slider to keep the Astros off-balance, he did pull out a seldom-used pitch once to try and handle Guzman. "His third at-bat I threw him a knuckleball because I literally had no idea what to throw him," Wilson said. Kendrick drove in two with a single in a three-run first inning. He added an RBI with a single when the Angels tacked on three more in the seventh. Kole&nnbsp;Calhoun homered off Jarred Cosart (1-1), sending a drive to right field for his second shot of the series to push the lead to 4-0 in the fifth inning.dddddddddddd Cosart was done in by a bad first inning where he had to use 32 pitches. He was pulled after allowing three hits, five runs and walking four in six innings. It was a disappointing second start for the 23-year-old who threw five scoreless frames for the win in his 2014 debut against the Yankees. "I spotted them three runs and with a lineup like that and with a team like that you cant do that," he said. "Its hard for our team to play from behind obviously. I kind of had us back on our heels." A pair of walks and a fielders choice loaded the bases with one out in the first inning for Cosart. A broken-bat groundout by Ibanez sent one home to make it 1-0. Carter had to navigate around the flying piece of bat that stuck in the dirt right near where he fielded the ball. Kendricks single to shallow right field pushed the lead to 3-0 in the first. Cosart settled down after the first, pitching a perfect second before walking two in a scoreless third and retiring the side in the fourth. Stewart hit a triple with one out in the sixth and scored on a sacrifice fly by Chris Iannetta that made it 5-0. Ibanez drove home two with a single to right field off reliever Brad Peacock in the seventh. NOTES: Houston CF Dexter Fowler was out of the lineup for the fourth straight game because of a stomach virus. Fowler, who spent Friday night at Methodist Hospital and was released Saturday, returned to the ballpark on Monday. He said he was feeling better but was still very weak. The already slim Fowler said he knows he has lost some weight but hadnt stepped on the scale because he didnt want to know how much hed dropped. Manager Bo Porter isnt sure when hell return to the lineup. ... Los Angeles LHP Hector Santiago opposes Seattles James Paxton when the Angels open a series against the Mariners on Tuesday. ... The Astros send LHP Brett Oberholtzer to the mound against Mark Buerhle when they open a series at Toronto on Tuesday. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen