rediscovered her form. She

in camera talk Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:45 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

ST. LOUIS - All of those months of injury rehab paid off for Sam Bradford, who showed no signs of a season-ending knee injury last November. Aaron Rodgers looked pretty polished, too. Bradford and Rodgers each threw a touchdown pass in their preseason debuts in the Green Bay Packers 21-7 victory over the St. Louis Rams on Saturday. "It felt great there," Bradford said. "No surprises. It felt really good." Michael Sam played in the second half and got his first sack of the preseason, dropping Matt Flynn for a 10-yard loss in the fourth quarter to force a 49-yard field goal by Mason Crosby. Sam had a tackle earlier in that series and totalled two quarterback hits. "I felt more comfortable, more relaxed," Sam said. "I know the speed of the game, I know how it is and it just felt right." Everything went according to plan for the Rodgers and the Packers. "We practiced up-tempo offence and to be able to come out and execute it at this stage of the game is great," running back Eddie Lacy said. "It will be tough for opponents to keep up and be able to beat us." Rodgers was 11 for 13 for 128 yards and a 3-yard score to Randall Cobb. His only complaint was about officiating — the teams were whistled for a combined 22 penalties for 171 yards and two touchdowns catches were nullified. "Its way over the top, its just too much," Rodgers said. "The games way too choppy if theyre going to call it like that." Bradford, who said weeks ago that the left knee was no longer a concern, was 9 for 12 for 101 yards and an 11-yard touchdown to Lance Kendricks. "It was nothing new, Ive been here before," Bradford said. "I think for everyone else its probably a bigger deal for me to get back out on the field." Lacy had five carries for 25 yards on the Packers 12-play, 86-yard drive to start the game. Sam, the seventh-round pick is the first openly gay player drafted in the NFL, is likely competing with undrafted Ethan Westbrooks for a backup spot. Westbrooks was the second-team left defensive end behind Chris Long and had a sack with four total tackles, while Sam got work at both defensive end spots. The Edward Jones Dome appeared about half-full, even with the benefit of hundreds of Packers fans who made the trip and let loose with a big cheer after Cobbs TD catch. The Rams announced ticket sales of 55,072 and capacity is about 66,000. Rodgers had plenty of time to operate and he looked sharp, going 6 for 6 for 47 yards and scrambling 14 yards on the opening drive. He ended the quarter with a 35-yard pass to Andrew Quarless to the St. Louis 12 that led to a short field goal and a 10-0 lead. "The offence got off to a great start," coach Mike McCarthy said. "I really liked the production that we were able to get done in the first two series." Scott Tolzien was 10 for 15 for 107 yards behind Rodgers and Matt Flynn, who started the opener, was effective as the third quarterback. Flynn threw a 34-yard touchdown pass to rookie Jeff Janis, a seventh-round pick, and added a 2-point conversion pass to Davante Adams that made it 18-7 late in the third. Most of Bradfords passes were underneath, with most of Brian Quicks 41-yard gain coming after the catch. He just missed connecting with Kenny Britt on a 35-yarder in the first quarter and converted on fourth-and-3 from the Packers 43 with a 5-yard pass to Jared Cook. Rams backup quarterback Shaun Hill was 1 for 4 for 14 yards. He threw two touchdown passes as the starter last week when Bradford was held out. The Rams held out left tackle Jake Long (knee), middle linebacker James Laurinaitis (ankle) and cornerback Janoris Jenkins (hamstring). All three could play next week at Cleveland. Jordy Nelson started for the Packers after returning from a hamstring injury this week, but had no catches in limited action. Notes: Rams backup RB Isaiah Pead will likely be out for the season with a torn ACL in his left knee, which buckled at the end of a 33-yard kickoff return in the first quarter. He was helped off the field and then carted away for tests. ... Packers TE Brandon Bostick was sidelined with a lower leg injury in the first quarter. ... Rams OL Greg Robinson, the second overall pick, started at left tackle and also got work at guard as in the preseason opener. Air Max 90 Uomo Saldi . -- Canadas Justin Shin shot an 8-under 64 on Thursday on PGA Wests Nicklaus Tournament Course to take the first-round lead in the Web. Air Max 90 In Vendita . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. http://www.airmaxscarpescontate.it/scarp...na-saldi.html.Y. - The New York Rangers have reached a one-year contract extension with goalie Cam Talbot, keeping Henrik Lundqvists backup away from unrestricted free agency. Air Max 270 React Italia . So heres what I do when I want to get into the baseball mood—I delve into "The Baseball Project". Air Max 720 Italia . - The Toronto Blue Jays have optioned pitchers Kyle Drabek, Chad Jenkins and Sean Nolin to triple-A Buffalo.WUHAN, China - Canadas Eugenie Bouchard will be hoping for a slightly different outcome when she plays Petra Kvitova for the inaugural Wuhan Open title on Saturday in a rematch of their Wimbledon final.Kvitova overwhelmed Bouchard 6-3, 6-0 in 55 minutes to win her second Wimbledon trophy in July, in what was the most lopsided womens final in 22 years.This time, the young Canadian from Westmount, Que., says shell be ready.I hope tomorrow I can kind of do my thing more on the court and not get, I dont know, maybe pushed around so much, she said. I need my revenge. Im going to try really hard to get that.Both women advanced with dominating performances in the Wuhan semifinals on Friday. Kvitova saved five of six break points to beat Elina Svitolina of Ukraine 6-3, 7-5, while Bouchard overpowered Caroline Wozniacki with heavy groundstrokes in a 6-2, 6-3 victory.Kvitova will be aiming for her third title of the year a€” and more importantly, a spot in the season-ending WTA Championships in Singapore. Bouchard will be going for her second career title.At the All England Club this summer, the big-hitting Czech left-hander never let Bouchard into the final. She put pressure on Bouchards serve and dictated points with aggressive groundstrokes from the baseline, keeping Bouchard off balance and out of sorts.Bouchard said she learned a lot from her first Grand Slam final.I didnt impose myself enough in the Wimbledon final, and she was the one kind of controlling the points all the time, Bouchard said. She played really, really well, so there wasnt too much I could do.Kvitova, though, says it wasnt as lopsided as it looked a€” and she expects just as tough a match in Wuhan.I dont think that she was weak iin Wimbledon, she said.dddddddddddd Shes trying to take balls very early and shes returning very well, so thats something that she does great.Kvitova has struggled with her consistency since Wimbledon. She won a pre-U.S. Open tournament in New Haven, but days later crashed out in the third round in New York to 145th-ranked Aleksandra Krunic of Serbia. She also lost her opening match in Cincinnati to Svitolina, their only previous meeting.But Kvitova put aside distractions from the stifling humidity and the sounds of construction coming from the soon-to-be-completed, 15,000-seat centre court being built at the Wuhan Open, to put Svitolina away.After breaking to go up 6-5 in the second set, she wasted two match points with errors in the next game and then double-faulted to give Svitolina break point. Rather than get rattled, though, she saved the break point and closed out the match on her third attempt.Bouchard similarly struggled in her U.S. hard-court campaign, going 1-3 before the U.S. Open and falling in the fourth round in New York.Against Wozniacki, though, she rediscovered her form. She saved six of seven break points and kept the Dane on the defensive with penetrating shots and repeated charges to the net.I feel like I was very, very good, maybe up there with Wimbledon, maybe better, Bouchard said.Wozniacki, who was hampered by pain in her upper right hamstring, fell just short of reaching her third straight final, following her surprising run at the U.S. Open and her loss last week to Ana Ivanovic in the Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo. Both she and Bouchard also still have a chance to qualify for Singapore.Ive had a really good run, Wozniacki said. My game is feeling great. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen