the top Canadian, placing

in camera talk Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:55 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Wes Welker says he has no apprehensions about concussions or rust as he returns to the Denver Broncos lineup Sunday for the first time in more than a month. Its the longest the 10-year pro has ever been sidelined. Welker missed the Broncos last 3 1/2 games after sustaining his second concussion in a four-week span just before halftime in a game against Tennessee on Dec. 8. The Broncos sorely missed him four days later in a 27-20 loss to San Diego, when they were just 2 for 9 on third down and suffered their only home loss of the season. Denver (13-3) hosts the Chargers (10-7) Sunday in the AFC Divisional round. "One of the first times Ive been out of the game on the sidelines, so Im very anxious to get back," said Welker, who was cleared last week during the bye and quickly regained his rhythm with Peyton Manning. "Yeah, when youve played as long as I have it comes back pretty quick. I really wasnt too worried about that," Welker said. He also said hes not going to fret about the possibility of another head injury when he lines up in the slot Sunday. "I dont worry about the concussions or anything like that. I just focus on my assignment, my technique and go out there and play the best I can," he said. Welker caught a career-high 10 TD passes in his first season with Manning after spending his last six seasons catching passes from Tom Brady in New England. He was on pace for his sixth career 100-catch season before being sidelined and finished with 73 catches for 778 yards. Welker was one of the several free agents the Broncos signed last winter in the wake of their devastating 38-35 double-overtime loss to Baltimore in the playoffs last year. "I suffered disappointment, too, last year," said Welker, whose Patriots were beaten by the Ravens 28-13 in the AFC championship a week later. "Im just as hungry as everybody else and want to get out there and play my best." With 15-25 mph winds expected, Denvers downfield passing attack to Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker might be curtailed against the Chargers, which could put an even bigger emphasis on Welkers routes. "I dont know if its going to be windy enough to affect the passing game or not but you just have to focus in and be ready," Welker said. "I think it will affect the kicking game more than anything if it is windy." Discount Jerseys Wholesale . Founding members of the Genie Army, a group of Eugenie Bouchard supporters who cheered for the rising tennis star during the Australian Open in January, will be in the city for the Rogers Cup, beginning this weekend. Discount Jerseys For Sale . Prado stuck his glove down with Colorados Charlie Blackmon sliding into the bag, and quickly jumped back in pain after applying the tag. Prado held his left wrist as trainers came out of the Diamondbacks dugout to check him. https://www.discountjerseysonline.com/. Quarterback Drew Willy appeared to injure his throwing hand on the third last play of practice Thursday. Discount Jerseys Team .C. - Canadian ice dancing, it seems, is in good hands. Discount Jerseys Custom . -- J.R. Sweezy was the one part of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line that had avoided injuries or having to change positions this season.SOCHI, Russia -- Canada won two medals on the slopes and the sledge hockey team continued to roll Sunday at the Sochi Winter Paralympic Games. Visually-impaired skier Mac Marcoux of Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., and guide Robin Femy Mont-Tremblant, Que., won their second bronze medal in as many days, finishing third in the super-G. The pair finished with a time of one minute 20.77 seconds. Teammate Caleb Brousseau of Terrace, B.C., took bronze in the super-G mens sitting division, winning his first career Paralympic medal. Brousseau put down a time of 1:22.05. In sledge hockey, Adam Dixon scored twice and Dominic Larocque added a goal and an assist Sunday as Canada defeated Norway 4-0. Anthony Gale and Kevin Rempel added two assists, while Corbin Watson had to make just six saves to get the shutout as Canada improved to 2-0. Larocque scored on the power play 4:20 into the second period to snap a 0-0 tie. It was his third of the tournament after picking up two goals in Canadas 10-1 victory over Sweden on Saturday. Dixon, who had two goals and two assists against Sweden, then made it 2-0 with 4:26 to go in the second before making it 3-0 at 1:07 of the third. Marc Dorion then scored his first of the tournament with 21.8 seconds left in regulation to round out the scoring. Dixonn and Gale both have six points after two games.dddddddddddd Canada has an off-day on Monday before taking on the Czech Republic on Tuesday. Norway, which defeated Canada in the bronze-medal game at the 2010 Vancouver Paralympics, will meet Sweden the same day. In other results, Calgary skier Kurt Oatway was ninth in the mens sitting division with a time of 1:29.10, and Kirk Schornstein of Spruce Grove, Alta., was 13th in the mens standing category with a time of 1:27.83. Sitting skier Josh Dueck of Kimberley, B.C., and standing skiers Matt Hallat of Coquitlam, B.C., and Braydon Luscombe of Duncan, B.C., did not finish their runs. In para-Nordic skiing, Chris Klebl of Canmore, Alta., was the top Canadian, placing sixth in the mens 15-kilometre sit-ski race with a time of 43:06.9. Quebec Citys Sebastien Fortier was 18h at 51:43.3. Yves Bourque of Becancour, Que., was 20th at 55:25.4. Saskatoons Colette Bourgonje was the lone Canadian in the womens 12-kilometre sit ski race and finished 13h with a time of 45:50.3. The para-Nordic events continue on Monday, with 10-time Paralympic medallist Brian McKeever in action. In wheelchair curling, Canada defeated Sweden 7-4 and now sits 3-0 in round robin play. Canada faces the United States and Norway on Monday. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen