in two games after signing

in camera talk Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:56 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Texas centre fielder Leonys Martin wound up being the star of a battle of top pitchers. Martin had a leadoff triple in the eighth that chased Seattle ace Felix Hernandez. An inning later, Martin singled in the winning run with two out as the Rangers scored two unearned runs off closer Fernando Rodney for a 3-2 win over the Mariners on Wednesday night. "He was in the middle of the first run by hitting the triple off Hernandez, who was outstanding tonight," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "And then he comes up in that situation against one of the best closers in the game. He just tried to put the ball in play, and it worked. Its good for him, its good for the team, and we can build on it." Rodney (0-1) retired the first two in the ninth before Kevin Kouzmanoffs single ricocheted off the glove of sliding shortstop Brad Miller and dribbled into the outfield. Mitch Moreland drew a walk before pinch-hitter Donnie Murphys grounder was fielded by Miller, whose toss to second base was high. The error allowed Moreland to slide in safely and extended the game. "It was hit right at me. It kind of ran up on me," Miller said. "I threw it too high. I saw it was too high off the get-go. Everybody did their part but me. Everybody played their butts off. Ive just got to make that play next time." Rodney then threw a wild pitch that allowed the tying run to score. Martins sharp single to left gave Texas its fourth victory in its final at-bat at home already this season. It was Rodneys first blown save in four chances. Pedro Figueroa (1-0) worked a perfect ninth for his first major league victory. Hernandez retired 10 in a row before Martins triple. He allowed four hits and one run, when Martin scored on a sacrifice fly against pinch-hitter Michael Choice, the first batter for reliever Charlie Furbush. "All of my pitches were working. I just made one mistake in the game," said Hernandez, who struck out nine. "That was that fastball to (Martin)." Texas ace Yu Darvish struck eight and walked two in seven innings, but remains winless in his last eight home starts despite a 2.33 ERA in those games. Darvish didnt allow a run in his first two starts of the season, but was down 2-0 in the second after No. 9 hitter Mike Zunino and Abraham Almonte had consecutive two-out RBI singles. "Youve got to give Seattle credit, they fought him pretty hard for their at-bats, they just wasnt going up there making outs," Washington said. "That was their two runs. ... He kept us in the game, he really did. Usually when you give Felix one or two runs, he know how to take it to the house, but we kept battling him and we finally got him out of the game and some good things happened." Martin also had a nifty running catch, reaching and lunging with his arm fully extended steps from the centre-field wall to rob Dustin Ackley of a hit in the sixth. But there was also a play in the fourth when Zunino reached on what was ruled a single after a ball dropped between Martin and left fielder Shin-Soo Choo, who were both calling for the ball but backed off to avoid a collision. That was the last of Seattles seven hits in the game. This was the third head-to-head matchup of the star pitchers, and the first since 2012, the same year Darvish came to the major leagues from Japan. Hernandez won the first two, and has given up only two runs over 24 innings (0.75 ERA) in the three games -- while Darvish has a 6.75 ERA (13 earned runs over 17 1-3 innings) opposing King Felix. NOTES: Nick Franklin, who had a one-out triple in the second before scoring Seattles first run, was recalled earlier Wednesday along with outfielder James Jones after left-hander Blake Beavan (shoulder tendinitis) and outfielder Logan Morrison (strained right hamstring) were put on the 15-day disabled list. ... The Mariners had to hold up momentarily before coming off the field at the end of the fourth when Washington came out to question a force play at second base for the third out. Washington didnt challenge and ask umpires to look at the replay, which showed clearly that Moreland was out by a step. Salvador Perez Jersey . Although taking two of three from the Baltimore Orioles wasnt nearly as uplifting as winning the World Series, it still felt pretty darn good. Felix Doubront and four relievers combined kept Baltimores potent lineup in check, and David Ortiz had three of Bostons 12 hits off Wei-Yin Chen in a 4-3 victory Thursday night. Kelvin Gutierrez Jersey . - For years William Gay kept quiet. https://www.cheaproyals.com/1277a-josh-s...sey-royals.html. The injury could land Machado on the 15-day disabled list, but its not as serious as it looked on Monday night, when the third baseman crumpled in a heap at the plate after taking an awkward swing in a game against the New York Yankees. Danny Tartabull Jersey . Anor had not scored since getting his first two goals of the season vs. Philadelphia on March 22 but struck with laser precision from distance in the 56th and 75th minutes. Montreal (3-10-5) lost its third straight and Impact coach Frank Klopas said it literally was a case of his players not stepping up. Royals Jerseys 2020 . -- After a year spent travelling the world, Brooks Koepka suddenly is in a position to play a lot more golf at home.IRVING, Texas -- Jason Garrett will start the stretch run in pursuit of his first trip to the playoffs on the same field where he debuted as coach of the Dallas Cowboys three years ago. His job doesnt depend on whether he gets that post-season berth. At least thats what owner Jerry Jones said Thursday. While saying he was "disappointed" in a 5-5 record that has dropped the Cowboys out of the top spot in the NFC East for the first time this season, Jones said Garrett will return in 2014 regardless of whether the Cowboys end their three-year playoff drought. "Im disappointed we dont have a better record, but he has got us in position to win the division and got a team here I firmly believe has the ability to be one of the better playing teams at the end," said Jones, addressing about a dozen reporters on the teams practice field. "A lot of this story is to be played out. It does not have a bearing on whether or not he will be our coach next year. It has no bearing on that." Asked if Garrett would be his coach next year, Jones twice said yes. The Cowboys are a half-game behind idle Philadelphia (6-5) going into an important division game at the New York Giants (4-6), who can tie Dallas for second after starting the season 0-6. Garrett wasnt sentimental about returning to the site of his first game -- a 33-20 win after Wade Phillips was fired with the Cowboys at 1-7 in 2010 -- and he wasnt particularly moved when told of Jones comments. "Were talking about practicing well today," said Garrett, who was a backup to Troy Aikman in the 1990s and was hired by Jones as offensive co-ordinator in 2007 before Phillips was named head coach. "Thats what were going to focus on, and thats something we emphasize to our team. Thats something we have to live as a coaching staff." The Cowboys finish the regular season at home against the Eagles. They have lost a playoffs-or-bust finale to a division rival each of Garretts two full seasons. Dallas had its worst game under Garrett in a 49-17 loss to New Orleans before last weeks bye, gaining less than 200 yards for the first time in a gaame Tony Romo started and finished, and giving up more than 600 yards for the second time in three weeks.dddddddddddd The defence had never allowed that many yards in franchise history. The Cowboys are still in a favourable position with a 3-0 division record, but a loss to New York would be their third in four games after falling out of first during the bye when Philadelphia beat Washington. Still, Jones doesnt want to call Sundays game a must for his team. "Just how we see at any time how another team can win," Jones said. "When you look at our division opponents and who they are playing and you look at who weve got to play, its hard to measure from here." Jones backed his coach in a similar way at the start of training camp in July, saying he didnt believe this was an "Armageddon" year for Garrett, who is 26-24 in his first 50 games. The owners latest words were welcome news in the locker room. "Hes a great coach," said defensive tackle Jason Hatcher, the teams sacks leader. "I know you guys think differently. Yall rag him all the time, but I think hes an awesome coach and I wish the best for him in the future and Im glad the Cowboys will have him back. He deserves it." Receiver Dez Bryant has spoken frequently about Garretts role in helping a young player who struggled with his maturity on and off the field. "He always stays on me because he believes in me, and I thank him for it," Bryant said. "Hes always checking on us. He sees how our day goes. I know everybody around the league dont get that." Notes: The Cowboys released CB Micah Pellerin and signed LB Orie Lemon, raising doubts about rookie LB DeVonte Hollomans availability after missing four games with a neck injury. Holloman practiced Wednesday but was not on the field Thursday. Pellerin played in two games after signing off the practice squad. Lemon signed with Dallas as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He played in five games last season. Kansas City released him at the end of training camp, and he was signed to Arizonas practice squad Oct. 8. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen