know Mercedes is a bit

in second hand Camera Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:54 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

The Washington Capitals will try to keep their playoff hopes alive for another day, but must do so on Tuesday night against the Western Conference leading St. Louis Blues. The Capitals did themselves no favors with a recent 0-3-2 skid that was finally snapped with Saturdays 4-3 shootout victory over the New York Islanders. Washington has four games to play in the regular season and is four points behind the Columbus Blue Jackets for the Easts second wild card berth. The Blue Jackets also have four games remaining and host the Phoenix Coyotes tonight. Rookie Evgeny Kuznetsov was one of three goal-scorers for the Capitals in regulation on Saturday, then netted the lone tally of the shootout. Nicklas Backstrom and Joel Ward also scored in regulation, while Braden Holtby came up with 35 saves in Washingtons first victory since March 22. "I dont think theres any relief. We have a hefty job to do still," Holtby said. "So I think thats one step that we needed to do, and we have to keep building, have to keep finding a way to win games like we did tonight." Forward Dustin Penner did not play due to an upper-body injury, while defenseman Mike Green sat out the final 45 minutes of the contest with an upper-body issue. Green did not travel with the team for this game. The Blues have already assured themselves a spot in the postseason and find themselves in a pair of races down the stretch. St. Louis is closing in on a Central Division title and also is in the running for the Presidents Trophy. The Blues are two points back of the Boston Bruins for the most in the NHL with four games left for each team, and the Bruins visit the Minnesota Wild tonight. St. Louis also is four points up on the Colorado Avalanche for first place in the division. The Blues will be looking to rebound after dropping back-to-back games over the weekend. They were bested 4-0 by the Avalanche on Saturday and then lost 4-2 at the Chicago Blackhawks the following day. Brian Elliott made 31 saves for St. Louis, while Jaden Schwartz and Vladimir Sobotka scored. "Were a little bit tired," said Blues coach Ken Hitchcock. "We still have four more games to play. We have a lot of hockey to play yet and have to find a way to re-energize ourselves and get back to work." Forward Alexander Steen, who leads the Blues with 33 goals and 60 points, has missed the last three games with an upper-body injury and is questionable for tonight. The Capitals have won three of their last four versus the Blues, including a 4-1 victory at home on Nov. 17. Alex Ovechkin scored twice and Holtby notched 46 saves. Jaroslav Halak got the start for the Blues and allowed three goals on six shots before getting pulled less than 16 minutes into the game, with Elliott stopping 13 shots in relief. Halak is now currently a member of the Capitals, having been dealt to Buffalo prior to the trade deadline in the deal that landed Ryan Miller with the Blues. Halak was then later flipped by the Sabres to the Capitals and could start tonight. Halak is 4-4-3 with a 2.53 goals against average in 11 games with the Capitals, but 0-3-2 in his last five. He has faced the Blues only once before, making 25 saves in a shootout loss while with Montreal on March 18, 2008. Holtbys victory in November came in his first ever meeting with the Blues. Miller is expected to get the start for the Blues and he is 15-11-0 with a 2.45 GAA and three shutouts in his career versus the Capitals. Washington is visiting St. Louis for the first time since a 4-1 victory on Dec. 1, 2010. That snapped an eight-game series road losing streak and gave the Capitals their first victory in St. Louis since Oct. 26, 1996. Patrick Chung Jersey . -- Phil Mickelson came to the St. Matt LaCosse Jersey .Y. -- The Montreal Canadiens have had few reasons to celebrate this season as they have been mired near the basement of the Eastern Conference. https://www.patriotsjerseysale.com/281p-...y-patriots.html. Tennis Australia chief executive Craig Tiley told local media in comments published Wednesday that John Tomic would not be allowed into Melbourne Park in any official capacity or as a spectator. Andre Tippett Jersey . - Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis said Wednesday hes "nodded off" during meetings, but he said its something every player does. Damien Harris Jersey . Vincent Lamar Carter is no longer the lean, athletic dynamo who dazzled Raptors fans with eye-popping dunks that posterized even the leagues best defenders.AUSTIN, Texas - Race by race and point by point, Lewis Hamilton is tightening his grip on the Formula One world championship and squeezing out Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg.But not so far as to eliminate his rival as a title threat. Not yet.Hamilton won the U.S. Grand Prix on Sunday, moving 24 points clear of Rosberg with just two races left. It was Hamiltons second win in Texas in three years, his 10th on the season and fifth in a row.This whole season has been incredible, Hamilton said after playfully taking former world champion Mario Andrettis black Stetson cowboy hat on the winners podium. I pushed as hard as I could.Mercedes had another 1-2 finish in a dominating season that has pushed Hamilton and Rosberg well clear of the pack in the title chase. Red Bulls Daniel Ricciardo was third for his eighth podium finish on the season.Rosberg could still find a way to steal the title from Hamilton. Formula One moves to Brazil next weekend and the final race in Abu Dhabi will be worth double points in a rule change this season.Full attack, Rosberg said. Well try to be on the pole and win (in Brazil). Theres a lot of points to be had.Hamilton said aggressive driving got him this far and he wont try to dial it back over the final two races.Were hunting for those points. So far, Ive done what Ive needed to do. I should continue to do the same, Hamilton said.Hamiltons victory also was career win No. 32, which passed Nigel Mansell for the most Formula One victories by a British driver. Hamilton won the world title in 2008 with McLaren.The Mercedes drivers have waged a season-long duel for the title, a tense back-and-forth that has strained their long friendship, and Sundays race was more of the same.Rosberg started from pole position and Hamilton chased him for 23 laps, steadily keeping up the pressure and slowing gaining on him. Hamilton finally made his move on lap 24, squeezing inside Rosbergs left on the tight 12th turn out of the long straightaway.It was the same spot and a similar move to Hamiltons pass of Red Bulls Sebastian Vettel that propelled him to the victory here in 2012.There wasnt a place in the race where I didnt think I would catchh him, Hamilton said.dddddddddddd Its such a great feeling to have a race like that.Dropped into second, Rosberg couldnt keep up and Hamilton put more time between their cars with every lap. Hamilton had the more muscular car through the weeks practice sessions, but lost the pole position because of braking problems that dogged his session.After taking the lead, Hamilton quickly built a gap of more than 2.5 seconds. Rosberg tried to claw back but didnt have enough race left to do it. By the final laps, the biggest challenge for Hamilton was not getting caught up or wrecked by other drivers battling for final position.I knew there was a chance he would try. I went halfway defensive, on the pass, Rosberg said. Later I started to find better rhythm, but it was just way too late.Vettel, the defending race and world champion, started from pit lane after incurring a penalty for using his sixth engine of the season. He fought all the way back to finish seventh.Vettel has been surpassed within Red Bull this season by Ricciardo, who has won three times. Vettel is leaving Red Bull at the end of the season, but has yet to confirm where hell drive in 2015.Ricciardo was pleased to get another podium finish.As we know Mercedes is a bit out of reach so third, I think third is the best we could do today, Ricciardo said.The race started with just 18 cars, the smallest field in nearly a decade after financial problems forced teams Marussia and Caterham to drop out.Saturdays practice and qualifying was dominated by speculation that three more struggling teams, Lotus, Sauber and Sahara Force India, could stage a protest by either boycotting the race or pulling out after one lap. Neither threat materialized.The race went under safety car on the first lap when Force Indias Sergio Perez collided with Saubers Adrian Sutil, knocking both drivers out. The crash was a major blow for Sauber, which hoped to capitalize on Sutils first top-10 qualifying position of the season.He completely hit me. He ruined the race and I had to stop. My car was completely broken, Sutil said.Force India then lost its second car when Nico Hulkenberg retired in the 17th lap. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen