by R.A. Dickey (6 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 6 K) in the

in camera talk Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:45 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - The extra pounds are gone and so is the weight off Von Millers shoulders.Denvers slimmed-down strongside linebacker has bounced back from the worst year of his career to make 13 sacks and regain his status as one of the NFLs premier pass rushers. Hes one of a league-high nine Broncos who were named to the Pro Bowl this week.It means a lot. Going through all the stuff I went through last year, it really helped me put my priorities in order, Miller said. Last year I didnt make the Pro Bowl. Its just such an extreme honour to get voted by your peers, coaches and fans. So Im definitely more appreciative of it this year than I ever have been before.Millers 2013 season began with a six-game drug suspension and ended with him watching the Super Bowl from the sideline after blowing out his right knee in December. In between, he tallied just five sacks in nine games.Miller had bulked up by 25 pounds last season. That extra weight made him top heavy and might even have contributed to his torn right ACL in December. Hes back down to 245 and is every bit the star he was in 2011, when he was the NFLs Defensive Rookie of the Year, and in 2012, when he was runner-up to J.J. Watt for Defensive Player of the Year honours.GM John Elway, who made Miller his first ever draft pick in 2011, last spring signed free agent DeMarcus Ware, who was Millers idol growing up in Dallas, giving Miller a pass-rushing partner like he had early in his career with Elvis Dumervil.Together, they have 23 sacks, 29 tackles for loss, 43 quarterback hurries, three pass breakups, two forced fumbles, a fumble recovery and an interception heading into the season finale against Oakland (3-12) with a first-round bye on the line for Denver (11-4).Coach John Fox said hes noticed a more mature Miller this season, one who has learned his lessons from last year and rededicated himself both on both a physical and mental level.Without a doubt. Like most things, the more you do it the better you get. And obviously youre going to have mistakes or setbacks throughout any career, but hes done a tremendous job and going through that I think has helped him, Fox said.Like Miller, cornerback Chris Harris Jr. needed ACL surgery in the off-season and he went to Dr. James Andrews in Pensacola, Florida, for his operation in February, a month after Andrews fixed Millers knee.Harris and Miller then spent six months together rehabbing and plotting their comebacks in 2014. Harris was out to prove his 2013 breakout season was no fluke and Miller was determined to show his 2013 season was an aberration.Theyve succeeded on both accounts, just as they correctly predicted Pro Bowl seasons for each other back in the summer when both were slowly working their way back onto the football field.We already knew 58 was going to be in the Pro Bowl again, Harris said. If he comes back to halfway normal, hes going to be in there. This is a great honour just to be there with him. We worked so hard to come back here and to be better players and it was so tough.Ill never forget just watching the AFC Championship on the sideline with him being like, This is the worst thing ever. And then coming back and making it to the Pro Bowl with him this year, its like night and day.Notes: Fox was thrilled to hear QB Peyton Mannings proclamation that hell return to Denver next season if the Broncos will have me. Of course, they will, Fox said Thursday: I would say when youre kind of a top three quarterback in the league, maybe the top of all time, Id say its a pretty good likelihood, Fox cracked. Hes had a tremendous year, theres no doubt. Weve still got things to get done and were looking forward to that opportunity. ... LB Brandon Marshall (foot) worked with a strength and conditioning coach on the side during practice. Hes making progress for sure, Fox said. The Broncos plan to have Marshall, their leading tackler, back for the playoffs. A win Sunday would give Denver a first-round bye and Marshall another week to get better.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Joel Embiid Jersey . Raonic, the No. 8 seed from Thornhill, Ont., had 18 aces in the match. He needed one hour 39 minutes to complete the victory. Trey Burke Jersey . -- Southern Illinois coach Barry Hinson couldnt hear himself amid the roar in Koch Arena, so he kept stomping on the floor in a fruitless attempt to get his teams attention. https://www.cheap76ers.com/1166e-matisse....html.Chanathip Songkrasin opened the scoring in the sixth minute before Kroekrit found the target twice in the 57th and four minutes from fulltime.Vietnam and Malaysia play their second leg on Thursday. Vietnam won the first leg 2-1. George Yardley Jersey . They actually finished with a better record in ‘07 than they did in ‘06 but only marginally, going from 61 victories to 66. Robert Covington Jersey .Dawson also birdied two of the last four holes to reach 12-under 132 on TPC San Antonios AT&T Canyons Course. He won his only title in a PGA Tour-sanctioned event in 2002 in the Web.com Tours LaSalle Bank Open.Im not going to lose any sleep, believe me, Dawson said. I used to be a perfectionist, but my attitude now is to play like Im in the pro-am.The first-place Detroit Tigers will try to take control of their weekend set with the Toronto Blue Jays on Saturday afternoon when the teams meet up at Rogers Centre. Looking to bounce back from a hard-luck loss his last time out, Max Scherzer takes the hill for the Tigers on Saturday. Scherzer wasnt his sharpest on Aug. 4 against the Yankees, allowing nine hits and three walks over seven innings, but he worked out of jams to exit having allowed just two earned runs, which wasnt enough to avoid his first loss since June 17. The hard-throwing righty has been outstanding on the campaign as a whole, owning a 13-4 record with a 3.24 ERA while striking out 171 batters in 153 innings. Scherzer is 4-0 in six career starts versus the Blue Jays with a minuscule 1.79 ERA. Marcus Stroman will try to continue his impressive rookie campaign for the Blue Jays. The 23-year-old is 7-3 with a 3.49 ERA with 68 strikeouts in 77 1/3 innings. Prior to his last start, Stroman had won three straight games, allowing just one earned run over 21 innings, but his hot streak came to an end in an Aug. 3 loss to Houston by allowing five earned runs in three innings. "I just didnt have my stuff," Stroman said. "I had trouble putting guys away. It was just a tough one, but Im not discouraged." The 2012 first round pick out of Duke has pitched especially well at home, going 5-1 withh a 2.dddddddddddd82 ERA at Rodgers Centre. The Tigers came from behind on Friday night to claim the first game of the series, scoring three runs in the top of the ninth to capture a 5-4 win. With one on and one out, Nick Castellanos tied the game when he belted a two- run homer off of Casey Janssen, and Eugenio Suarez, the very next batter, gave Detroit the lead with a solo shot. "That was a good inning for us," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. "I think everyone thoroughly enjoyed it." After Anibal Sanchez struggled through 4 2/3 innings (10 H, 4 ER) before leaving with a pectoral strain, the Tigers bullpen picked up the slack by pitching 4 1/3 scoreless innings, with Al Albuquerque (3-1) earning the win. Joe Nathan loaded the bases in the bottom of the ninth but escaped with his 24th save. Rajai Davis and Ian Kinsler combined for five hits at the top of the order for Detroit, which is 2 1/2 games ahead of Kansas City for the AL Central lead. Janssen (3-1) was saddled with the loss and the blown save, spoiling a solid start by R.A. Dickey (6 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 6 K) in the process. The Blue Jays held a 4-0 lead after two innings, but the bats went silent for the rest of the night. Dioner Navarro went 3-for-5 and Jose Bautista (2-for-4) had his 69th RBI. Toronto is 3-1 against the Tigers this season. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen