starts: 30 games at centre

in camera talk Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:10 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

BALTIMORE -- Orioles slugger Chris Davis has tried just about everything to break out of lengthy hitting slump. Extra batting practice and intensive video study havent worked. Maybe a seat in the dugout will help the Baltimore star come up with the solution. Davis wasnt in the starting lineup Monday night against the Chicago White Sox. Manager Buck Showalter explained the move as simply an effort to get Delmon Young some playing time, but Davis knew better. He attributed the benching to his lack of hitting this month. "Thats pretty evident," Davis said. "Its about putting the best nine out there every game, giving yourself a chance to win, and lately I just havent been very good." Davis is batting .216 with 12 homers and 37 RBIs. Over his previous 14 games, he was 7 for 54 (.130). Last year, Davis hit .286 and led the majors with 53 home runs and 138 RBIs. "If youd have asked me in the off-season or during spring training if I thought I was going to struggle like Im doing this year, Id have told you that you were crazy," Davis said. Of the day off, he said, "Maybe it will give me a chance to clear my head." Davis misery this season began in earnest with an oblique injury that put him on the disabled list. That, however, is not an issue in his current struggle. "Im trying to figure it out. I know its frustrating for people to watch me go through it, but can you imagine how much more frustrating it is to actually go through it?" Davis said. "At the same time, we still have a lot of baseball left to play and I know Im going to get an opportunity to come out of it. I know Ill come out of it." Nothing hes tried to reverse the trend has worked, and Davis acknowledged that he hasnt a clue what to do next. "Im not really feeling a whole lot at the plate right now other than frustration," he said. A year ago, Davis was so sharp at the plate that almost every swing produced results. This year, not so much. "When youre hitting .330, it feels like you hit every hole, every pitch you take is a ball," he said. "When youre hitting just over .200, it feels like every pitch you take is a strike and every time you hit a ball hard somebody is standing there." Teammate Adam Jones suggested that a bloop hit, and not a tape-measure home run, could be the cure. "He might need to get jammed, bad jammed, and he hits it on the label right above his fingers and it falls for a base hit," Jones said. "He might figure it out from there." Showalter said Davis would start Tuesday, and the manager was optimistic that his first baseman will soon get back on track. "Hes close," Showalter said. "I have a lot of confidence it will pick up as the season goes." Vince Carter Jersey . The injury could land Machado on the 15-day disabled list, but its not as serious as it looked on Monday night, when the third baseman crumpled in a heap at the plate after taking an awkward swing in a game against the New York Yankees. Al-Farouq Aminu Jersey . FIFA said the suspension was requested by ethics prosecutor Michael Garcia, making Beckenbauer the first person to be punished as a result of the case. Beckenbauer refused "repeated requests for his assistance, including requests that he provide information during an in-person interview or in response to written questions provided in both English and German," FIFA said in a statement. https://www.cheapmagiconline.com/268i-el...rsey-magic.html. - The Clippers have signed guard Dahntay Jones to a second 10-day contract. Nick Anderson Jersey . After seven wins in a row, they have to do it one more time to get into the playoffs. JJ Redick Jersey . -- Two nights after losing to the Eastern Conferences worst team, the Phoenix Coyotes handled the best.ORLANDO, Fla. - The Baltimore Ravens have acquired offensive lineman Jeremy Zuttah from Tampa Bay for an undisclosed draft pick next year. Once the six-year veteran guard-centre passes a physical, he will join the Ravens. Zuttah has played his entire career with the Buccaneers, appearing in 90 games, making 76 starts: 30 games at centre, 41 at lefft guard and five at right guard.dddddddddddd. He was a third-round draft pick in 2008. Baltimore general manager Ozzie Newsome says the Ravens are "getting a player who has started at both centre and guard and played well at each position. Were excited to have him as a Raven and believe he can play a significant role for us." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 15 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen