and I just got my own

in camera talk Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:12 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

MILWAUKEE -- Ryan Arcidiacono had 20 points and 11 assists, and coolly guided No. 4 Villanova in overtime following a frenzied finish to regulation of a 94-85 victory over Marquette on Saturday. Arcidiacono had six points and two assists in the extra period. He hustled for a loose ball with 37.7 seconds left that allowed Villanova coach Jay Wright to call a timeout and avoid a turnover. James Bell, who finished with 30 points, followed with two free throws to make it a three-possession game for the Wildcats (17-2, 6-1 Big East). Todd Mayo had 18 points including the last 10 in regulation for Marquette (11-9, 3-4) to help force overtime at 77-77. A layup by Villanovas Tony Chennault with one second left in regulation was waved off by the officials after Steve Taylor, Jr., drew a charging foul. Wright pleaded with the officials while Marquettes fans erupted in jubilation. Arcidiacono helped his coach forget about the frantic ending, and Villanova snapped Marquettes 20-game winning streak in home conference games. Marquettes last loss at home to a Big East foe was 67-60 to Cincinnati on March 2, 2011. The Golden Eagles had the third-longest such streak in the country entering Saturday behind Gonzaga and Weber State, who were both at 23 games. The hard-fought win for Villanova at one of the toughest venues in the league helped ease the sting of a humbling 28-point loss at home earlier in the week to Creighton. Darrun Hilliard had 20 points on 8-of-13 shooting for Villanova. Davante Gardner had 29 points and 13 rebounds for Marquette. The Wildcats frustrated Marquette early with jumpers, but Gardner led the Golden Eagles push in the paint to stay within a possession or two for much of the second half. Villanova turned away every run -- until the end of regulation. The Wildcats kept it interesting after missing 5 of 7 from the free throw line in a stretch in the final 1:11. Mayo followed a running jumper with a three from the corner to get Marquette within 75-74 with 13.2 seconds left. Arcidiacono responded with two free throws, but then fouled Mayo on three-point attempt at the other end with 4.8 seconds left. Mayo hit all three free throws -- the last one tantalizingly bouncing on the rim a couple times before falling through for a 77-77 tie. It set up Chennaults contested drive for a potential game-winner, but the officials charging call whipped the crowd into a frenzy. Overtime had seemed unattainable after JayVaughn Pinkstons dunk gave Villanova a 68-57 lead with 4:53 to play. But the Golden Eagles fought back in their third straight overtime game before falling short. Villanova allowed an opponent to shoot at least 50 per cent from the field a second straight game, a startling statistic for a team that prided itself on holding teams under that mark for 47 straight games. While Creighton did its damage from the perimeter, Marquette pounded the ball inside with a 54-30 advantage in the paint. The bullish 6-foot-8 Gardner led the way, shooting 9 of 16. Marquette, though, wasted opportunities at the free throw line, especially in regulation, and finished 21 of 31 for the game. Air Force 1 Black Outlet . According to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun, Brodeurs agent Pat Brisson has spoken to six teams so far regarding the veteran goaltender. Air Force 1 Discount . In his first game with Boston University, the 17-year-old Eichel picked up five assists as his Boston University Terriers thumped St. https://www.cheapairforce1outlet.com/. Reimer told TSNs Mark Masters on Tuesday that he doesnt know if he will be moved leading up to the March 5 trade deadline but added he wasnt interested in discussing it. "Who knows whats going to happen on the horizon here and right now I dont know if I want to talk about it too much. Air Force 1 High Outlet . -- The Chicago Bears have agreed to a one-year contract with cornerback Kelvin Hayden. Air Force 1 Womens Outlet . Freddie Roach said if the Rios fight "does not go well, we will seriously talk about his retirement," but that Pacquiao was training as well as ever for the Nov.BUDAPEST, Hungary -- Canada will play for gold at the under-18 womens world hockey championship. Team captain Lauren Wildfang scored in overtime Saturday to lift the Canadians to a 1-0 victory over Russia in the semifinals. Canadian coach Laura Schuler was pleased with her players poise throughout a tense game that she said was the perfect preparation for Sundays gold-medal match. "The Russians played absolutely outstanding, and I think that their level of play really forced us to bring our game to a new level, and I was really happy with that," Schuler said. "Obviously, being in such a tight game, for us we faced some adversity and it was good pressure to have before going into the gold-medal game, to face that kind of adversity, that kind of pressure." The Canadians will face the winner of Saturdays other semifinal between the United States and the Czech Republic. Canada beat the Czechs 5-0 in the preliminary round. The Canadians, who earned a bye into the semis, outshot the Russians 70-24, but couldnt put anything past Russias netminder Valeriaa Tarakanova through 60 minutes of regulation.dddddddddddd "We had numerous, numerous chances to put the puck in the net and their goalie played outstanding," Schuler said. "For us on the bench, we knew it was just going to be a matter of time before we were able to capitalize, and just really happy with the energy on the bench overall. The kids knew it, they came off each shift with smiles on their faces, like Aw, we almost had it there. I think that helped us going into overtime, just building our energy. "I was just happy with how they responded, they embraced the challenge and they just kept believing. It was great to see." Wildfang finally scored the winner 3:09 into overtime. "We were all crashing the net, and I took a shot and I just got my own rebound and it trickled in," Wildfang said. "Throughout the whole game, we stuck to our systems and I think thats why we became successful today. We didnt lose sight of the goal and we didnt lose sight of our game plan." Shea Tiley got the shutout for Canada. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen