million in 2016-17

in camera talk Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:00 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

PHILADELPHIA -- Garrett Richards helped Mike Trout have a perfect homecoming trip. Richards tossed a five-hitter over seven sharp innings and the Los Angeles Angels beat the Philadelphia Phillies 3-0 on Wednesday to sweep a two-game interleague series. Trout went 1 for 4 with a triple, walk and stolen base. The two-time All-Star went 2 for 9 in his first series against the team he rooted for growing up. Trout grew up in nearby Millville, New Jersey. More than 4,000 people from the small town came to see him Tuesday night, and there were plenty of fans wearing No. 27 Angels jerseys in the stands again. "It was a quick two days, two wins," Trout said. "Its been a blast. I was feeling something special just driving to the stadium." Richards (4-0) struck out eight with no walks and lowered his ERA to 2.42. Ernesto Frieri pitched a perfect eighth, and Joe Smith finished off the five-hitter for his fifth save in seven tries. "I was keeping the ball down in the zone," Richards said. "My two-seam fastball was working well. Mainly I got ahead with my fastball then kept them off balance with breaking balls." Phillies starter A.J. Burnett (2-3) laboured through five innings, allowing three runs and seven hits. He struck out six and walked five. "Im not a negative person, so Im not going to pout," Burnett said. The Angels have won five of six to move a season-high three games above .500 at 21-18. The Phillies have lost three straight and seven of nine to fall a season-worst four games under .500 at 17-21. The Angels got a run in each of the first three innings. Richards did the rest. Albert Pujols hit a two-out double in the first and scored on a single by Raul Ibanez, the former Phillies All-Star who heard familiar "Rauuuul" chants when he came to the plate. Ibanez helped the Phillies win the NL pennant in 2009 and was a fan favourite during three seasons in Philadelphia. Efren Navarro had an RBI single with two outs in the second to give the Angels a 2-0 lead. Erick Aybar ripped an RBI double to right-centre in the third to make it 3-0. But Burnett escaped more trouble with the bases loaded and no outs. He struck out Grant Green and retired Luis Jimenez on a double play. Richards pitched out of his only jam in the sixth after Chase Utleys second double put runners at second and third with one out. Richards then struck out Ryan Howard and retired Marlon Byrd on a soft liner. Trout led off the seventh with a triple off reliever Mike Adams. He dove headfirst into third base and got up to cheers. Adams left him there, though. He fanned Pujols and Ibanez, walked Aybar and retired Hank Conger on a pop-up. Trout thought about stealing home. "It was in the back of my mind," he said. "I was looking in the dugout. Itd be dangerous, though, if the hitter didnt know." The Phillies are 6-11 at home. Theyve scored two runs or fewer at hitter-friendly Citizens Bank Park five times in 17 games. Theyre 1-8 in interleague play. "We need to do a better job driving the ball at our park," manager Ryne Sandberg said. "This is considered a hitters park. Teams come in here swinging. We need to step up our hitting." NOTES: Pujols tied Lou Gehrig for 33rd on the all-time list with his 534th career double. He snapped an 0-for-15 slump with the hit. ... Of Trouts 42 hits, 21 are for extra bases. ... Jimmy Rollins singled in the sixth for his 2,211th career hit, tying Ed Delahanty for third on the clubs all-time list. Rollins is 24 shy of passing Mike Schmidt for first place. ... The Phillies are off Thursday before opening a three-game series at home vs. Cincinnati on Friday. Kyle Kendrick (0-3, 3.98) faces Homer Bailey (3-2, 4.72). The Angels start a four-game set at Tampa on Thursday. Tyler Skaggs (3-1, 4.14) opposes Erik Bedard (2-1, 3.38). Anthony Mason Jersey . Alfredo Simon lowered his ERA to 0.86, and the Reds beat the Chicago Cubs 4-1 Friday for their 16th win in their last 17 games at the Friendly Confines. Dell Curry Jersey . -- All-Pro tight end Jimmy Graham and the New Orleans Saints met Tuesday for arbitration on his contract. https://www.cheaphornets.com/. But when it was all over they had wasted another lead, seen another pitcher flame out on the mound and lost their fourth straight at home. Robert Franks Jersey . You can catch all of the action LIVE on TSN2 at 6pm et/3pm pt. The Heat reached that mark Saturday night when they ruined the Philadelphia 76ers home opener. Charlotte Hornets Gear . The deal will pay Hainsey $3 million for the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons and $2.5 million in 2016-17.ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Baltimore Orioles third baseman Manny Machado has been taken off the field on a stretcher after injuring his left leg running out an infield single. Machados leg buckled when he reached the first-base bag in the seventh inning of Mondays game at Tampa Bay. Machaado was in obvious pain while being treated on the infield dirt near first by team trainers and stadium medical officials.dddddddddddd Baltimore manager Buck Showalter patted Machado several times near the shoulder before the stretcher was moved from the playing field. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen