because I have worked with

in camera talk Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:56 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

PORTO ALEGRE, Brazil - Algerias players are being left to decide whether or not they observe the Ramadan fast during Mondays World Cup game against Germany, with coach Vahid Halilhodzic saying its not a divisive issue. Observant Muslims avoid food and liquids from dawn to dusk during Ramadan but can, and often do, skip it if travelling or doing hard physical labour. Some devout Muslim athletes choose to fast during training or competition, but it can create selection difficulties for the coaches in team sports. Halilhodzic, who has testy relations with sections of the Algerian media and its football association, threatened to leave a news conference Sunday if questions persisted on the topic. He said critics were using the issue to "try and raise hatred of me and my family. This is really disgusting." The national football association released a statement denying a report in Algerias leading football newspaper suggesting that Halilhodzic, a Muslim, had ordered players not to fast. Its a potentially sensitive allegation in the mostly Muslim country. The federation said Halilhodzic had been "very respectful" of the religion in his three years at the helm of the national team. The veteran coach, a French-Bosnian, said fasting was a "private issue and players will do exactly as they wish." "When you ask this question you lack respect and ethics. I would like this to stop. Stop this controversy. Talk about football," he said, in response to repeated questions at the official pre-match news conference. "And stop asking me about Ramadan, otherwise I will get up and leave." The match Monday kicks less than an hour before sunset in the southern Brazilian city of Porto Alegre. The Algeria lineup has been impressive in its three group games, and had its best attacking display so far in a 4-2 win over South Korea. Halilhodzic started that match with five new players following its opening 2-1 defeat to Belgium. They followed that up with a 1-0 win over Russia to reach the knockout rounds for the first time. "We will do everything we can to try and win this match, but (the Germans) are of a higher quality, more experienced and basically better than us," Halilhodzic said. "We shall prepare for this game as the most important in our career. We will give it our all." Algeria shocked West Germany 2-1 in the group stages of the 1982 World Cup, in what was a colossal upset at the time. But the team didnt make it through to the qualifying rounds after the Germans and Austria played out a mutually advantageous result in their last group match in one of the most infamous World Cup episodes. The build up to Mondays match has focused on whether this is now the opportunity for Algeria to avenge what has become known as the "Disgrace of Gijon." But Halilhodzic and Germany coach Joachim Loew downplayed that Sunday, noting that the vast majority of players were not born when it occurred. "This is history. There are many things that occur in football. I would like this wonderful championship to finish in a different way," Halilhodzic said. Russell Canouse Jersey . His team rose to the occasion Sunday with a 3-1 victory over Sweden in the bronze-medal game. "The sting from yesterday is not something we hid from or pretend didnt happen," Dineen said. Cobi Jones Jersey . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. Getting Creative The Pittsburgh Penguins will try their best to acquire Ryan Kesler from the Vancouver Canucks before the Trade Deadline. https://www.cheapusasoccer.com/201j-dani...jersey-usa.html. If Vettel wins at Suzuka on Sunday, and his nearest rival Fernando Alonso finishes worse than eighth, the German driver will join his compatriot Michael Schumacher and Argentine Juan-Manuel Fangio as the only men to win four consecutive titles. USA Soccer Pro Shop . The 23-year-old Poland international is back as first choice at Arsenal after losing his regular spot in the team on occasions over the last three seasons. USA Soccer Jerseys China . The Eastern Conference-leading Celtics finished their recent trek at 3-1 on Monday in Salt Lake City when Rajon Rondo made a key jumper with 24.1 seconds remaining, as Boston held off the Utah Jazz, 107-102, at EnergySolutions Arena.Burnley centre-back Michael Keane has revealed his shock at being called up to the England squad for the first time by interim manager Gareth Southgate. Southgate turned to Keane after Stoke Citys Glen Johnson was ruled out of both Maltas visit to Wembley and Tuesdays trip to Slovenia due to an unspecified injury.The 23-year-old, who reported to St Georges Park on Tuesday to join up with the rest of the England squad, detailed the phone call he received on Monday evening from Burnley manager Sean Dyche telling him the good news. Keane takes part in an England training session at St Georges Park Last night I was in the pool at the gym by my house and I got into the changing room and had a few missed calls from the gaffer, Keane told FATV.I was thinking Oh no, what have I done wrong here? I had to call him back and he told me the good news. He was really happy for me.I was a bit shook to be honest. It came out of the blue. I didnt expect it. Former England captain Terry Butcher says Burnley defender Michael Keane deserves his first England call-up after Stokes Glen Johnson was ruled out throu I spoke to Gareth and I am just really happy to be here.ddddddddddddIt is a massive honour. It is a dream for me to be here. To come and meet the lads today in training - its been a good day.Keane has been in excellent form for the Clarets this season and he said Southgate told him his call-up is just reward for his recent displays.[Southgate] said I was very close to being it anyway and I fully deserved to be here, Keane revealed. He said just keep doing what I am doing and to keep playing how I have been playing. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just ?£6.99. No contract. He knows what I am like because I have worked with him for a couple of years with the England Under-21s.It was quite straightforward really but he was just really happy for me and obviously it was a nice conversation.It is one of the best moments of your career.You can watch Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the Japan Grand Prix on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: Keane earns England call-up Rooney: Ill play where picked Keane deserves England call Townsend replaces Sterling ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen