Wings have won three of their

in camera talk Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:15 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

PHILADELPHIA - Before winning his first playoff game, Chip Kelly won a power struggle.Kelly got control of the Philadelphia Eagles player personnel department on Friday after Howie Roseman was promoted from general manager to executive vice-president of football operations.The shake-up ends speculation about Kellys future in Philadelphia following a turbulent week that included the dismissal of vice-president of player personnel Tom Gamble on Wednesday.Its most important that we find players that match what our coaches are seeking, owner Jeffrey Lurie said in a statement. This is part of an all-encompassing vision that takes you from the scouting process all the way to on-field performance. Howie, Chip and (president) Don (Smolenski) are all united in their desire to win. Together, we decided this approach was the best course of action for the Philadelphia Eagles.Kelly has led the Eagles to consecutive 10-6 seasons. He already had final say on the 53-man roster. Now hell hire a new personnel executive who will answer directly to him.I am very confident about where we are headed as a team and as an organization, Kelly said. I look forward to continue working with Jeffrey and Howie as well as the personnel department. This is not a one-man operation. It will truly take a team effort to acquire and develop the best football players and then put the best team on the field each week. It will take all of us working together.The 39-year-old Roseman had been the youngest GM in the NFL and held the position for five seasons. He began his career with the Eagles as an unpaid intern in 2000.My No. 1 goal is to help bring a championship to this city and that will never change, Roseman said. I believe this will solidify the trust we have all placed in Coach Kelly.The Eagles won the NFC East in 2013, a year after finishing 4-12 under Andy Reid. They lost a playoff game at home to New Orleans. This year, they became only the third team since 1990 to miss the playoffs after a 9-3 start.Lurie said after the season finale last Sunday that Roseman would return as GM. That was before Gamble was let go and reports of a rift between Roseman and Kelly began circulating.After carefully listening and reflecting on the lengthy discussions that I had with our senior team, I changed my mind (about Roseman staying as GM), Lurie said. I have a very good relationship with Chip that continues to grow stronger and stronger. When we spoke, he was thoughtful, thorough and professional. There were no demands, no threats; quite the contrary, he was passionate, engaged and articulated a dynamic and clear vision on how this fully integrated approach will work. We look forward to seeing it come to life over time.When Kelly left Oregon to join the Eagles two years ago, he made it clear he wasnt interested in total control.Ive heard questions that I want control over this, control over that, Kelly said on Jan. 17, 2013. That has never been an issue, never is an issue for me. Im a football coach. Im not a general manager. Im not a salary-cap guy. I coach football. I need people who can go out there and say, Hey this is what you want. These are the people. And its going to be a collaboration. Were all going to be on the same page. Ive got no delusions of saying that I want all these different titles. I just want to coach football.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.organd AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP_NFL___Follow Rob Maaddi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AP_RobMaaddi Oilers Jerseys 2020 .ca MLB Power Rankings, the third consecutive week that the As have held top spot and the third straight week that they have been one ahead of the Toronto Blue Jays. Wholesale Oilers Jerseys . According to the Red Wings Twitter feed, Zetterberg plans to practice with the team on Thursday and is aiming for a second round comeback. https://www.cheapoilers.com/.C. -- Eric Staal kept his focus after his apparent breakaway goal was waived off early in the third period. Custom Edmonton Oilers Jerseys . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Tuukka Rask, Boston Bruins (5) – He had a brilliant game; it was a huge response for his average games before. Stitched Oilers Jerseys . Cammalleri scored two goals, Corban Knight netted the winner in a shootout, and the Flames erased a two-goal deficit in the third period to beat the Stars 4-3 on Friday night.John Tortorella will try to lead the struggling Vancouver Canucks to a win as the fiery head coach returns to the bench for Mondays road test against the Detroit Red Wings. Tortorella has completed a 15-day suspension for his antics during a 3-2 shootout win against the Calgary Flames on Jan. 18 and returns to a club that has lost 12 times in its last 16 trips to the ice. The Canucks also tweeted that Henrik Sedin, who has missed the past six games with bruised ribs, will also return to the lineup. Angered by Calgary head coach Bob Hartleys decision to start that game with his fourth line, a move that helped instigate a game-opening line brawl, Tortorella tried to get at Hartley in the Calgary locker room between the first and second periods but he was restrained from doing so by Flames players and members of the Vancouver staff. While Tortorella wasnt allowed to have any contact with his team during the 15-day ban, Hartley was fined $25,000 for his role in the brawl. The Canucks, who are 4-9-3 over their last 16 games, went 2-4-0 while Tortorella was serving his suspension and the club has lost its last three tilts in regulation. Assistant coach Mike Sullivan handled the bench duties during Tortorellas absence and he relinquishes the reins with Vancouver still hanging onto the eighth and final playoff seed in the West. The Canucks are just one point ahead of Phoenix for that distinction. Like Tortorella, Canucks captain Henrik Sedin has missed the last six games, although his layoff has been due to a rib injury and not a suspension. Sedin, who had played in 679 straight games before bruised ribs led to the end of the iron man streak, participated in a full practice on Sunday but he expects to sit out another tilt today. Meanwhile, Daniel Sedin, Henriks twin brother and linemate, has gone 15 straight games without a goal. The winger has five assists during the goal- scoring drought. The Canucks were handed a 4-3 loss Friday in Winnipeg, as Devin Setoguchi scored the game-winner for the Jets with 2:56 to play in the third period. Ryan Kesler had a goal and two assists for the Canucks, while Eddie Lack allowed all four goals on 34 shots. "Well, it was frustrating because we fought our way back into the game," said Sullivan. "I give our guys credit for fighting back, but weve got to find a way to win that game."t; Vancouver ended January with a 4-9-2 record and the club lost six of seven on the road during the month.dddddddddddd The Canucks, who will make the second stop on five- game swing tonight, are 13-11-4 as the road team this season. The Red Wings have lost three of their last four games (1-1-2) and recently split a home-and-home series with Washington. Detroit won the home portion of the two-game series Friday night at Joe Louis Arena, claiming a 4-3 shootout victory, but the Wings fell 6-5 in overtime in Sundays wild battle at Verizon Center. Alex Ovechkin scored a power-play goal 2:37 into overtime to lift the Capitals to Sundays win. Red Wings defenseman Brendan Smith was called for tripping at the 1:26 mark of the extra session. The Capitals moved the puck around and John Carlson fed Ovechkin for a one-timer from the left circle. Detroits Gustav Nyquist posted his first career hat trick and picked up an assist on Justin Abdelkaders goal that tied the game at 5-5 with 13:35 remaining in the third period. Henrik Zetterberg recorded three assists for the Red Wings, while Jimmy Howard surrendered all six goals on 28 shots in the loss. "Offensively we played really well," Zetterberg said. "Some mistakes cost us a few goals, and obviously theyre good when they get the power play." The Red Wings had been shut out in their previous three road games, so Sundays scoring outburst was a welcome sight. However, the club is tied with Philadelphia for the eighth and final playoff seed in the East and wouldve liked to have earned the extra point. The Red Wings and Flyers, who visit San Jose tonight, are only a point ahead of Carolina and Washington and two points in front of Ottawa and New Jersey. "We showed some good resilience tonight," Howard said. "We found a way to come back, scraping and clawing and getting a point. At the same time, we couldve easily been walking out of here with two points. Ive got to find a way to come up with a couple more saves for the guys." The Red Wings have won three of their last four on home ice but they are still only 10-11-8 at the Joe this season. Detroit recorded a 2-1 regulation win in Vancouver on Oct. 30 and it has won three of the past four meetings in this series. The Red Wings also have claimed two of the last three encounters in Motown. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen