Notre Dames Frank Leahy.

in camera talk Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:42 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

LAS VEGAS -- Floyd Mayweather Jr. is enough of a businessman to know his latest fight would be a tough sell, especially after setting records with Canelo Alvarez his last time out. But sell he must, even though oddsmakers and nearly everyone else give Marcos Maidana little chance in their welterweight title fight Saturday night. A full house is already guaranteed at the MGM Grand hotel arena, but Mayweather needs people at home to pay $64.95 for the fight if he is going to recoup his guaranteed $32 million purse. So Mayweather hinted this week that this might be his last fight, though few in boxing believe that. He also said he planned to stand in front of Maidana and trade punches with the hard-hitting Argentine, though his history in the ring suggests he wont. Oh, and he wants to score a knockout, something hes done only once in the last seven years. "I want to look impressive," Mayweather said. "I want to put on a good show. We dont expect this fight to go the distance." Mayweather returns to the ring for the first time since dominating Alvarez in boxings richest bout, taking on Maidana in a fight that even Mayweather seems to have trouble expressing much enthusiasm about. Hes a bigger, much more skilled fighter than the Argentine, just part of the reason oddsmakers make him a 11-1 pick to remain undefeated in the 46th fight of a pro career that has made him the richest fighter ever. Still, Mayweather (45-0, 26 knockouts) says he has to be wary of the power Maidana brings into the ring. "Hes got an 80 per cent knockout ratio so I cant go to sleep on this guy," he said. "But guys cant go to the mental level Im at. I can beat them many ways." The fight is part of a pay-per-view card that features former champion Amir Khan moving up to welterweight to fight another former champion in Luis Collazo. Khan had campaigned to be Mayweathers opponent and won an online poll set up by Mayweather, who ended up picking Maidana instead. If Khan is impressive, though, and Mayweather wins as expected, the two could meet later this year. "I would have loved to fight Floyd Mayweather, but I believe its really for the best," Khan said. "It gives me a chance to get to 147 and feel my way." Maidana (35-3, 31 knockouts) earned the fight with a strong showing in his last bout, twice knocking down Adrien Broner on his way to a decision win in December. Though Maidana hits hard, he will be up against a fighter who is such a defensive wizard that he rarely gets hit with more than one punch in any exchange. "Its very difficult to land a punch against Mayweather," Maidana said. "But when I land a punch Im going to hit him and not let him go. I will go after him." Mayweather, who weighed in Friday at 146 pounds to 146 1/2 for Maidana, said he welcomes the challenge after easily beating Alvarez last September in a fight that was supposed to be his toughest test. "If he brings his best maybe he will be the first guy that actually makes me dig in my bag of tricks and pull out my A game," Mayweather said. "Hopefully he will make me bring out my A game because my whole career all I had to use was a D and C game to beat every guy." If the Alvarez fight showed anything other than Mayweathers talent for making money -- and tons of it -- it was that a conventional fighter stands little chance against him. Hes been dodging punches since before he could walk, and hes a wizard at exploiting whatever weakness he finds in the fighter in front of him. "I can feel when a guys gonna punch. I can feel it," Mayweather said. "I dont even have to see it; I can feel it. You know, this is just with experience and being around the sport so long." Maidana says he can become the first to beat Mayweather because he will be the first to treat him just like any other fighter in the ring. "Other fighters they show respect, they show fear," he said. "Thats one thing I wont show against Mayweather." Stitched Oilers Jerseys .com) - Stephen Currys jumper with 3. Cheap Oilers Jerseys .com) - The Boston Bruins announced Monday that the team has signed goaltender Niklas Svedberg to a one-year contract. https://www.cheapoilers.com/. 1 Pete Sampras. Speaking ahead of an exhibition match against Andre Agassi in London on March 3, Sampras said on a conference call Wednesday that he is impressed by Federers longevity. Oilers Jerseys China .com) - Ames, IA (SportsNetwork. Edmonton Oilers Gear .Y. -- It was as if Matt Moulson never left the New York Islanders.MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- Alabama coach Nick Saban can make more than $55 million over the next eight years with the Crimson Tide. A unanimous vote by the Alabama system trustees compensation committee Tuesday made Sabans new deal official nearly seven months after the university announced the agreement. The 62-year-old Saban will make $6.5 million in base pay and what the university describes as a "talent fee" plus a $400,000 completion bonus for each year. Its a seven-figure raise over the eight-year contract worth about $5.6 million annually he received in March 2012. New offensive co-ordinator Lane Kiffin will make $2.074 million over three years. Alabama athletic director Bill Battle said that Saban, often rumoured for other college and NFL jobs, will "be our head football coach for many years to come." "He is the best coach in the country and hes brought Alabama back to the pinnacle of college football," Battle said in a statement released by the university. "His success on the field is obviously second to none, but Coach Sabans influence on academics and all the other areas of our athletic programs are equally impressive to me." Saban is one of four coaches in The Associated Press polll era to win four national titles, joining Alabamas Bear Bryant, Southern Californias John McKay and Notre Dames Frank Leahy.dddddddddddd "We are honoured by the commitment the University of Alabama has made to us with this new contract," Saban said in the prepared news release. "It is certainly a mutual agreement in terms of our commitment to the University of Alabama. We will continue to work hard to keep our football program among the nations elite. My passion has always been to develop young men to their full potential as student-athletes. "Weve had great success in that area at Alabama and Im appreciative of all the support and the resources we receive from the administration in order to make that happen." Saban has led the Crimson Tide to three national championships in seven seasons. Trustees also approved details on the contract for Kiffin. The former Tennessee and Southern California coach will make $680,000 salaries each of the next two years and $714,000 in the final year ending Feb. 28, 2017.. Other coaches got raises while defensive co-ordinator Kirby Smart had his deal extended one year through Feb. 28, 2017. He signed a three-year contract worth $3.85 million in 2013. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen