and Bika was docked a

in camera talk Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:33 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

DENVER -- Blake Wheeler and Mark Scheifele are becoming Winnipegs go-to tandem in crunch time. Wheeler scored at 4:58 of overtime, with Scheifele getting an assist, and the Jets beat the slumping Colorado Avalanche 2-1 on Sunday night. Al Montoya stopped 33 shots and Andrew Ladd also scored for Winnipeg. It was the second time this month that Wheeler and Scheifele combined to give the Jets an overtime win. Three weeks ago, Wheeler scored on a pass from Scheifele to beat Tampa Bay. "The last time I put them together they ended up scoring the overtime goal," coach Claude Noel said. "You kind of go with it." Wheeler won Sundays game for the Jets when he shoved the puck past Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov with time ticking down in the extra period. "Scheifele was looking shot the whole way, but I could see out of the corner of his eye he was motioning to me to see if anyone was coming," said Wheeler, who also assisted on Ladds goal. "I was able to get by my guy and just called for it at the last second. I had no idea of the time left. I knew it was toward the end." Wheeler leads the team with 14 points (10 goals, four assists) in December. He has three multigoal games this month. Varlamov made 35 saves and Nathan MacKinnon scored for Colorado, which has lost four straight -- three after regulation. "Im not happy because we need those two points. Its all about the points," Varlamov said. "I cant lose that game, not like that." The Avalanche are in their first extended slump since starting the season 14-2-0. They have salvaged three points during their four-game losing streak to stay in third place in the Central Division and seventh in the Western Conference. "Im very happy because we had 19 games against our conference and we were 9-6-4," coach Patrick Roy said. "It was a tough stretch, it was an important stretch, and we picked up 22 points." Ladd gave the Jets a 1-0 lead with 8:18 remaining in the third period. It was his 10th goal of the season. "Wheels did a great job of beating the guy off the boards to get into an area where he could make a pass and make a good play," Ladd said. "I was able to get a good shot off." MacKinnon answered 29 seconds later when his shot went off defenceman Zach Bogosians skate and past Montoya. "I tried to tell our guys, Dont look for perfect plays. Just put it on net and see what happens," Roy said. "And thats how we scored our goal." Avalanche forward P.A. Parenteau went down with a left knee injury late in the second period. Parenteaus right skate got tangled with the skate of Winnipeg defenceman Jeff Trouba near centre ice, and Parenteaus left knee buckled. Parenteau was helped off the ice and into the locker room. He didnt return. "Hell have an MRI tomorrow and well know better and know exactly what it is," Roy said. Parenteau tied for the team lead in points last season with 43. He is fourth on the Avalanche this season with 24 points in 37 games. The goalies dominated through the first two periods. Varlamov had a big save on Evander Kanes wrister from the right circle with 4:57 left the second to deny the Jets their best scoring chance in the first 40 minutes. Colorado had a few opportunities, with the best coming late in the second, but Montoya kept the game scoreless with a couple of late saves. "It was a grind. It was tight, not a lot of scoring chances either way, but we hung in there," Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog said. "Offensively in the first period we were doing a great job of protecting that puck, cycling that puck and getting some momentum." Trouba had a chance with 12:25 left in the third but was slashed by Landeskog. The Jets had four shots on the ensuing power play but couldnt beat Varlamov. NOTES: Avalanche C Matt Duchene has 13 points (four goals, nine assists) in his last eight games. ... Bogosian (flu) and fellow defenceman Mark Stuart (lower-body injury) returned to the lineup after missing one game each. ... Avalanche C Paul Stastny was injured and went to the locker room during the third period but returned to the ice. Yeezy 700 Pas Cher Homme . Over the course of his career Glenn is 79-71-1 in 151 starts for a .526 career winning percentage. Since becoming a Stampeder, he has elevated his play and raised his stock around the league. Nike Pas Cher Chine Paypal .J. -- Fabian Johnson scored his first international goal and Clint Dempsey doubled the lead after a defensive lapse as the United States beat Turkey 2-1 Sunday in the second of three World Cup warm-up matches for the Americans before they head to Brazil. http://www.pascherbasketnike.fr/. -- Phil Mickelson will be watching the final two rounds of the Masters from home for the first time in 17 years. Yeezy 350 France . -- Josh Smith made a 3-pointer as time expired and finished with 20 points to lift the Detroit Pistons to a 99-98 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Thursday night in both teams exhibition finale. Vapormax Pas Cher Noir . Ghoulam has put pen to paper on a four and a half year deal, tying him to Napoli until 2018. The 22-year-old Algeria international, who played for France at Under 21 level, has made 87 league appearances in four seasons at Saint-Etienne.CARSON, Calif. -- Kell Brook waited years for a world title shot, honing his skills through numerous injuries and postponements. When the English welterweight finally got in the ring with a champion, the patient challenger had a perfect plan. Brook won a majority decision over Shawn Porter on Saturday night, claiming Porters IBF 147-pound title. "Since I was 9 years old, Ive been training to be a champion," said Brook, who collapsed to the ring in joy after the decision was announced. "I looked scrappy, but I did what I have to do." Brook (33-0) claimed the welterweight belt in just his second fight outside Britain, outboxing the American champion with a smart game plan and consistent elusiveness at the outdoor StubHub Center south of Los Angeles. Brook joined elite company with the win: Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao hold the other three major welterweight titles. "I dealt with business," Brook said. "Its an unbelievable feeling, and I cant get my head around it." With a small coterie of English fans cheering his moves, Brook stayed outside the champions power range and held inside when necessary, never allowing Porter (24-1-1) to find a consistent range in his first defeat. Brook won 117-111 and 116-112 on two American judges cards, while English judge Dave Parris scored it a 114-114 draw. The Associated Press saw it 115-113 for Brook. Omar Figueroa also stopped Daniel Estrada early in the ninth round to defend his WBC lightweight title belt in an entertaining action fight, and Anthony Dirrell claimed Sakio Bikas WBC 168-pound title with a messy rematch victory. But the star was Brook, who had been waiting nearly two years for his shot at the IBF belt. Three bouts against former champion Devon Alexander fell through before he received the mandatory title shot at Porter, who beat Alexander last year. Brook had a canny game plan from the start, keeping Porter at bay with his superior reach and landing well-timed shots when Porter attempted to force the action. Both fighters were cut early on by accidental head-butts, but the injuries didnt appear to affect them. Brook became more assertive in the later rounds, stalking Porter to the ropes while landing cleaner punches. The Englishmman connected with several big shots in a dominant 11th round and finished impressively, getting carried on his cornermens shoulders after the final bell.dddddddddddd Brook landed 36 per cent of his 441 punches, while Porter connected with just 25 per cent of his 626 shots. Brook thoroughly outjabbed Porter, who threw 308 more power punches, but landed a much lower percentage. Porter, who never landed his vicious left hook consistently, wasnt surprised by the decision in his first bout since a dominant defence against Paulie Malignaggi in April. "I thought that I was effective with my attack, but he was ready," Porter said. "Im not giving any excuses. I want the rematch. Ill find him where hes at, and Ill take it from him." Brook is much more interested in a lucrative matchup with fellow British champion Amir Khan, who tweeted his congratulations to Brook moments after the fight ended. "Shawn Porter is a true champion, but I think Khan can get in queue now," Brook said. "I think that the British public needs to see this fight against Khan." Dirrell (27-0-1), a lymphoma survivor from Flint, Michigan, claimed his first world title in a sloppy, flop-filled rematch with Bika (32-6-3), a Cameroon native fighting out of Australia. Dirrell tumbled to the canvas several times in the second bout, and Bika was docked a point in the eighth round. "It means the world to me, coming off cancer," said Dirrell, who also survived a serious motorcycle accident in recent years. "I was staying off the ropes. I outpunched him, I outlanded him and I got the job done." Figueroa (24-0-1, 18 KOs), a rising star from Texas, put on another crowd-pleasing display against Estrada (25-3-1). Both fighters traded enormous shots in an exciting eighth round, but Figueroa dropped Estrada with one devastating right hand early in the ninth before finishing the bout with a lengthy flurry of punches. Figueroa intends to move up to 140 pounds for his next bout. Unbeaten heavyweight Deontay Wilder (32-0, 32 KOs) stopped Jason Gavern after four rounds in an early fight, shutting down an overmatched opponent to keep busy while he waits for his mandated shot at injured WBC champion Bermane Stiverne. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen