both -- of his teams

in camera talk Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:27 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

LEEDS, England -- The 198 competitors in the 101st Tour de France have started their grueling three-week ride through four countries before ending the worlds greatest cycling race in Paris on July 27. Saturdays 190.5-kilometre (118.4-mile) Stage 1 takes the pack on a rolling loop along the bucolic English countryside from Leeds to Harrogate -- a layout that could be tailor-made for a sprinter to win. Many enthusiastic Union Jack-waving fans on the course are hoping that Britains Mark Cavendish, one of the worlds great sprinters, will win this first of three tour legs in England before the race enters France. It would be Cavendishs first ever yellow jersey. A three-man breakaway got out early, including Germanys Jens Voigt who, at age 42, is the oldest rider in the pack this year. The Duchess of Cambridge was expected to bestow the first race leaders yellow jersey at the days awards ceremony. Watched by her husband Prince William and his brother Prince Harry, Kate cut the race ribbon at the start of the first leg which also featured a flyover by aeronautical display team the Red Arrows. Overall race favourites are defending champion Chris Froome, a 29-year-old Kenyan-born Briton who leads Team Sky, and two-time champ Alberto Contador. In all, the riders will cover 3,664 kilometres (2,277 miles) of roads in England, France, Belgium and Spain. Nike Juvenate Sale . Levante, which had lost five straight including a Copa del Rey game last weekend, fell behind at its Ciutat de Valencia stadium when Ionut Sapanura opened the scoring for Elche in the 26th minute. Air Max 2003 Sale . It took five games, but the Celtics finally helped Stevens earn his first NBA victory. "Im going to celebrate for a whole 12 minutes, and then Im going to start watching Orlando and trying to figure them out," the first-year Celtics coach said after Boston beat the Utah Jazz, one of the leagues other winless teams, 97-87 on Wednesday night. https://www.wholesaleshoesforcheap.com/air-jordan-26-sale/. - Whether its because of her improved play or the reason for it, Michelle Wie appears as comfortable on and off the golf course as at any time in her career. Air Jordan 14 Sale .Y. - Terry and Kim Pegula have no immediate plans to tinker with their new NFL team. Air Max 93 Sale . But the young forward is more than willing to shed a little blood if thats what it takes to make the team this season. "It caught me pretty good, dazed me for that shift, but I didnt want to be off the ice for too long," he said after practice, his lip still bleeding a little despite the plastic stitches holding it together.TORONTO -- Toronto Argonauts owner David Braley has people kicking the tires of the franchise he hopes to sell, but his top priority is securing the team a lease at BMO Field. The Argos and B.C. Lions -- the CFL teams Braley owns -- have been for sale since last September when the 73-year-old Hamilton businessman stated hed sell one or both by his 75th birthday. Braley said Tuesday he has several potential suitors for the Lions but refuted a Toronto Star headline stating he had "multiple offers" for the Argos. "I dont have multiple offers," Braley said in a telephone interview. "Ive had multiple people approach me, thats the truth. Its now three but thats beside the point." Braley wouldnt say if Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment -- which owns the NHLs Maple Leafs, NBAs Raptors and Toronto FC of Major League Soccer and also operates BMO Field -- was one of the parties interested in the Argos. But Braley was adamant his top priority is reaching a lease agreement with MLSE for BMO Field. "Thats the first step in the process," Braley said. "I would say thats not out of the question . . . I believe theres a very good chance well get this thing sorted out. "Then the second step is are they (MLSE) interested in buying it? Thats a separate issue." Time is of the essence. The Argos lease at Rogers Centre expires after the 2017 season. MLSE has proposed a $120-million renovation of BMO Field, with the first phase expected to be completed in time for next summers Pan-Am Games. The opening part of the project went ahead without $10-million funding commitments from both the provincial or federal governments, resulting in the third and final phase -- which included the installation of a playing surface capable of accommodating a CFL franchise -- being placed on the back burner. CFL commissioner Mark Cohon expects the Argos and MLSE to resume talks in the coming weeks. Should either the provincial or federal governments not commit financially to the BMO Field expansion, Cohon said the league will look at how it could raise the $10-$20 million needed to ensure the third phase went ahead. "I think whats most important is we come up with the right lease agreement that works for MLSE as the operator of BMO Field but also works for the future of the Argos and can make them a profitable franchise," Cohon said. "Then the next phase after that would be the discussion around other incremental areas we can support BMO Field. "The important thing is for our fans and partnerrs to know theres a solution at hand and were trying to work through that.dddddddddddd If we can get them in there it makes the team a lot more attractive for a future purchaser. Thats what were focused on." A move to BMO Field would seem the most practical and logical for the Argos. The facility is outdoors, permanent seating would be increased to 30,000 -- and could expand to 40,000 for special events -- with parking and transit nearby. It would provide a more fan-friendly and intimate atmosphere than the cavernous Rogers Centre, which can hold over 50,000 spectators for football. More than 53,000 fans watched Toronto beat Calgary 35-22 there for the 100th Grey Cup in November 2012. But the momentum from that event has never translated into bigger home crowds for the Argos, who are averaging 17,562 spectators per game this year. After finishing first in the East Division last year, Toronto (3-8) has struggled yet remains tied with Hamilton (3-7) and Montreal (3-8) atop the conference standings. Braley, who bought the Argos in 2010, has been criticized this year for being an absentee owner and running the Argos on a tight budget. Players anonymously expressed their frustration having to practise at multiple venues this summer before moving into a permanent facility at Downsview Park late last month in a multi-year partnership with MLSE. In the front office, Toronto is currently without a head of ticket sales, director of corporate sales and a marketing director. Braley admits hes been bothered by the criticism hes faced. "I guess a little bit but I have to take the blame, Im the owner," he said. "But I have no intention of throwing the keys on the table. "Im making sure its supported properly, theres been no shortage of funds. Its an embarrassment we were almost three-to-four weeks late getting into our new quarters, that caused aggravation among people and I apologize. But we spent a considerable amount of money putting absolutely new facilities in place for the team to practise." Braley still intends to sell one -- or both -- of his teams come his 75th birthday. He says he has "several buyers" in place for the Lions franchise, which he bought in 97. "Those discussions will proceed after the end of the season," he said. "Well see how real they are for sale now, one year from now or down the road. "Thats just the normal process. I have multiple people, the question is to pick the best one for the team and for the league. Thats the tough part." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 13 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen