with a pair of free throws

in camera talk Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:57 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. - Draymond Green didnt get to spend Thanksgiving with his family in Saginaw. He did put on a good show for them Sunday.Playing about an hour south of his home town, Green finished the holiday weekend with 20 points as the Golden State Warriors beat the Detroit Pistons 104-93 Sunday for their ninth straight win.Anytime I can come home and play the way I did today, its great, said Green, who played his college ball at Michigan State. My teammates gave me wide-open shots all game long. It was up to me to knock them down, but they couldnt have put me in better position.Stephen Curry added 16 points and 10 assists for the Warriors, who completed a 5-0 road trip.Im glad we got the win and we get to go home, Curry said. This really shows the character of this team, and thats why we keep winning games.The Pistons (3-14) have lost eight in a row, the longest streak of Stan Van Gundys coaching career, and have matched his career worst at 11 games under .500. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope led the Pistons with 23 points.Van Gundy broke up his usual three-post lineup against the smaller Warriors, starting Kyle Singler at small forward and bringing Greg Monroe off the bench. It didnt work. Monroe, Andre Drummond and Josh Smith went a combined 12 for 38, and the Pistons shot 30.1 per cent as a team in the paint.We took 53 shots in the paint, and those are shots you obviously want, Van Gundy said. We hit 11 of our 23 3s, and we only took 15 shots between the paint and the arc. Thats a pretty good mix, but you have to put the ball in the basket.Facing the NBAs best-shooting team, the Pistons only hit 27.7 per cent from the floor in the first half. Detroit led after the first quarter, as Golden State also got off to a slow start, but the Warriors hit four 3-pointers in the second to take a 53-40 lead at the half.Its so hard to sweep a five-game road trip in the NBA, said Warriors coach Steve Kerr. I just think this is a professional team that understands you have to take advantage of momentum when you can.The Warriors pushed the margin to 20 in the opening minutes of the third, as Van Gundy helplessly implored his team to Fight! Fight!After that, I think we fought a little more, but it was too late, he said. It was ridiculous. We had a terrible second quarter and then we came out like that to start the third. You cant dig yourself out of that kind of hole.Caldwell-Pope finally got Detroit rolling late in the quarter, hitting three 3-pointers, but he missed 2 of 3 free throws at the end of the period, leaving Golden State with an 82-71 lead.TIP INSWarriors: Green, who grew up about an hour north of the Palace and played at Michigan State, got a loud ovation during the pregame introductions. . The Warriors have won seven straight against the Pistons, matching a seven-game streak in 1975-76.Pistons: After missing his first five shots, Drummond finally put a ball in the basket in the first quarter. Unfortunately for the Pistons, it was the wrong one — he tipped in a Golden State miss while battling Speights for a rebound.UP NEXTWarriors: Host the Magic on Tuesday.Pistons: Host the Lakers on Tuesday.SHOOTING WOESDetroits problems in the paint are nothing new. They are shooting just 47 per cent from inside this season, and Van Gundy said that they rank last in the league in field-goal percentage inside 3 feet.We cant go into a game and say that we dont want shots at the rim, he said. So I dont have an answer.NOTHING BROKENCurry finished the game with a sore left ankle, but precautionary X-rays were negative. Joe Mullen Jersey . There were no real chances until Augsburg broke the deadlock through Raul Bobadilla in the 33rd minute. Frankfurt failed to clear a cross and Bobadilla slotted home from close range at the far post. Dickie Moore Jersey . The result was a game-winning, power-play goal. Chiasson snapped a third-period tie and lifted the Dallas Stars to a 3-2 victory on Monday night. https://www.cheapblues.com/374z-chris-pr...rsey-blues.html. He also had some help Monday night.Hibbert scored a season-high 29 points to help Indiana beat the Utah Jazz 97-86 Monday night, ending the Pacers six-game losing streak. Mackenzie MacEachern Jersey . Raonic, the mens No. 8 seed from Thornhill, Ont., needed more than three hours to overcome Frenchman Gilles Simon 4-6, 6-3, 2-6, 6-2, 7-5 and become the first Canadian man into the fourth round at Roland Garros. Erik Johnson Jersey . Beckham finished 2 for 4, adding a double in the first inning. Chicago has won eight of 12 to get back to .500 (27-27). The White Sox are 6-3 against Cleveland this season after losing 17 of 19 to their American League Central rival in 2013. Mike Aviles went 1 for 2 with a walk and drove in Clevelands run. MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- Markel Browns streak of eight straight games scoring in double figures for Oklahoma State was in jeopardy -- until he hit his final shot. Brown made a 3-pointer with 12 seconds to lift the 11th-ranked Cowboys to a 73-72 win over West Virginia on Saturday. Oklahoma State (14-2, 2-1 Big 12) trailed for most of the game, but got solid efforts from its top two scorers in the final minutes. "Proud of our team for just hanging in there," Oklahoma State coach Travis Ford said. "There was moments where it could have got away from us, but we just kept hanging in there and then we made a few big plays. And obviously Markel hit a really big shot." The game featured four of the top six scorers in the Big 12. Marcus Smart and Brown again came out on top over the Mountaineers duo of Eron Harris and Juwan Staten after a Cowboys season sweep a year ago. Despite some foul trouble, Smart had 22 points and 13 rebounds to give him two straight double-doubles. He had none before a win over Texas on Wednesday. Brown finished with 12 points. Staten finished with 20 points, but missed a pair of layups in the final 30 seconds. Harris, the leagues second-best scorer, was held to 11 points, more than seven below his average. Harris made just 3 of 11 shots. "He didnt play very well," West Virginia coach Bob Huggins said. "Im telling him every day, you have to work." West Virginias Terry Henderson scored a season-high 21 points, including a 3-pointer that put the Mountaineers ahead 72-70 with 1:14 remaining. Freshman Nathan Adrian, whos been mired in a shooting slump, sent the home crowd into a frenzy with a block of LeBryan Nashs shot attempt with 1:04 to go and West Virginia got the ball back on the tie-up. But Staten missed a layup with 27 seconds left, Brown got the rebound and Oklahoma State called timeout. Once play resumed, Smart found Brown at the top left side of the circle. "We were actually trying to feel out a shot, but when Marcus came off, everybody crashed on him, and like once before in the game he kicked it to me," Brown said. "I was open, I got a defender off hiis feet and I made the shot.dddddddddddd" Ford recalled that Brown had failed to take a wide-open 3-pointer on another possession about 30 seconds earlier. "Right when he did, I told him dont pass up another shot," Ford said. "And it just so happened he got another look." Staten missed another layup in traffic in the closing seconds. But Huggins was quick to come to his defence. "Juwans trying to win games," Huggins said. "I wish everyone else would follow suit sometimes. He has worked his tail off, he studies (and) he doesnt take practices off. I wish everyone else would do the same thing. He set a great example." Nash finished with 18 points. Devin Williams had 12 points and 13 rebounds for West Virginia, (10-6, 2-1), which saw its three-game winning streak snapped. Oklahoma State gave up a season high for points in the first half for the third straight game, but took advantage of a pair of West Virginia turnovers and went on an 8-2 run to open the second half for its first lead 47-43 with 16:22 left. Smart went to the bench with his third foul with 12:04 left, and the Cowboys did just fine without him. Oklahoma State went on a 7-0 run, with Brown stealing a pass from Brandon Watkins and dunking the ball uncontested for a 57-52 lead with 10:24 left. Smart returned from the sideline after three minutes and kept the Cowboys momentum going with a pair of free throws and a 3-pointer. West Virginia attempted just two free throws during its first-half run, but started getting free throws midway through the second half. The Mountaineers needed them because they made just one field goal over a 10-minute stretch after halftime. Henderson broke the drought with a 3-pointer and Staten made a layup 32 seconds later to tie the score at 67-67 with 4:21 left. Each team made two field goals the rest of the game in a physical finish. West Virginia set the tempo from the onset, leading by as many as eight in the first half before Oklahoma State got its act together with a 15-4 run to tie it. Williams turnaround jumper with 2 seconds left put West Virginia ahead 41-39 at halftime. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen