dddddddddddd The Flyers were

in camera talk Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:13 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Rex Ryan and Michael Vick might need to huddle up. While Ryan insisted Wednesday theres "no doubt" the New York Jets have an open competition at quarterback, Vick continued to differ. So, heres where we are: Its a controversy over a competition that could become a controversy at some point in training camp. "I think there is competition, theres no doubt," Ryan said after the Jets completed the second day of organized team activities. "As a coach, you love it." But, shortly after Ryans news conference, Vick reiterated his comments from last week, and has said since he signed with New York in March, that Geno Smith is the teams starting quarterback. "Nah," Vick said. "Its not an open competition." Ryan and general manager John Idzik have preached competition at all positions. While Ryan acknowledged that some competition has to be "manufactured" -- for instance, centre Nick Mangold, left tackle DBrickashaw Ferguson and defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson are in no danger of losing their jobs -- players pushing each other on the field improves everyone. That was the thought when the Jets signed Vick in March; he would give Smith a serious run for the job. But last week, Vick made it clear he thinks this is Smiths job to lose and its not an open competition, at least not like last year when he and Nick Foles went against each other in Philadelphia. "Weve got two guys who are really pushing to be the starting quarterback," Ryan said, when asked about Vicks comments from last week. Vick and Smith split snaps with the starting offence Wednesday. "Ive said from Day 1 that I think Geno will be hard to beat out," Ryan said. "But Ive also said Mike will have an opportunity to compete, and he definitely will." The coach added he didnt know why Vick thinks its not a true competition, but was noncommittal when asked if Vick could be the starter if he outperforms Smith in camp. "I think well let it play out a little bit," Ryan said. "Its the second day of OTAs, so its not a closed competition." Thats news to Vick, though. He at first danced around questions regarding the quarterback situation and Ryans comments. "Im here to compete every day to help this team win football games," Vick said, later repeating that line a few times before appearing to grow frustrated. "I dont know how to answer this question," Vick said. "This is the third time around." Smith, who has repeatedly said hes taking nothing for granted, was not made available to the media. Vick doesnt appear disgruntled about his situation, and hasnt indicated he was misled when he signed a one-year, $4 million deal and was reunited with offensive co-ordinator Marty Mornhinweg. "I knew what I was getting into when I got here," he said. "Its everything I expected. Im having fun with the guys. Everything is team oriented. Were just having a good time. We just have to keep everything rolling. Thats the most important thing." One things for sure: Whoever wins the job will have a proven receiver in Eric Decker to throw to. But the former Broncos star is going from Peyton Manning to an unsettled quarterback situation. Arguably the top wide receiver available when free agency opened, Decker visited the Jets first and never left. Now, hes expected to give New York a No. 1-type target. "Ive been telling people I feel like a rookie all over again, which is nice," Decker said. "Ive got to prove myself, in a way." Decker broke out in a big way the last two seasons, catching a combined 172 passes for 2,352 yards and 24 touchdowns. "The two years I got to spend with (Manning), he made me a better professional," Decker said. "But, again, I see a lot of talent in this quarterback room, and Im excited about growing with them." NOTES: S Calvin Pryor, the teams first-round pick, sat out because he needs three wisdom teeth pulled and his mouth is swollen. "I cant put my helmet on," he said. "So (the trainers) dont want me out there with contact right now." He expects to practice next week. ... RB Chris Johnson caused a stir Tuesday night when he tweeted that the Jets should pursue disgruntled Texans WR Andre Johnson. "Anytime youve got another friend in the league, you always want to play with him," Chris Johnson said. ... WRs David Nelson (illness) and Shaq Evans (finishing school) and RB Mike Goodson (knee) were among those not at the voluntary sessions Wednesday. ... The Jets signed CB Brandon Dixon, a sixth-round pick, to a four-year deal. That leaves Pryor and CB Dexter McDougle, a third-rounder, as the only unsigned players of the Jets 12 selections. Timberwolves Jerseys 2021 . Follow all the action live on TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto, TSN Radio 690 in Montreal, TSN Radio 1260 in Edmonton and TEAM 1410 on Friday at 3pm et/Noon pt. Pooh Richardson Jersey . 9 Baylor Bears just needed some time to get on track in their first game after the Christmas break. https://www.cheaptimberwolves.com/580j-s...mberwolves.html. His actions are much louder on the Fenway Park mound. De La Rosa had another strong home start, going seven solid innings to lift the Boston Red Sox to a 2-1 victory over the Kansas City Royals on Saturday night. Jaylen Nowell Jersey .Y. - Geno Smith still thinks of himself as the New York Jets starting quarterback. Jordan Bell Jersey . It was the most lopsided loss in Lakers history. Darren Collison had a team-high 24 points while starting at shooting guard for the injured Jamal Crawford. Chris Paul added 13 points and 11 assists for the Clippers, who apparently are trying to make up for decades of humiliation at the hands of the Lakers all in one season; theyve won the last two meetings by a combined 84 points.(SportsNetwork.com) - The San Jose Sharks hope to keep their offense on track Tuesday night as they resume a lengthy homestand against the Philadelphia Flyers. The Sharks halted an 0-2-2 skid with a 6-4 win over the Anaheim Ducks on Saturday. That came in the fourth contest of a six-game residency and saw San Jose net more than three goals for the first time in 10 games. Logan Couture scored twice and Tommy Wingels had four points off a goal and three assists as the Sharks scored more than three goals in a home game for the first time since a 5-4 loss to Columbus on Oct. 23. Joe Pavelski, Tomas Hertl and Matt Nieto also lit the lamp and Antti Niemi stopped 30-of-34 shots in the win. Hopefully, we can use tonight to turn the season around, Wingels said. We were able to find ways to score. The Flyers figure to be a good opponent for the Sharks to stay hot against. They beat them 7-3 in the last meeting on Feb. 27 in Philadelphia and are 12-1-0 with two ties in the last 15 encounters. Philadelphia did halt a seven-game winless streak (0-5-1 with a tie) in San Jose the last time in headed out west, but comes into this meeting having lost four in a row and eight of its last nine.dddddddddddd The Flyers were recently swept in a home-and-home series with the New York Rangers, losing 5-2 on Saturday to begin a five-game road trip. Philadelphia had been shut out at home the previous day versus the Rangers and got goals from Nicklas Grossmann and Jakub Voracek in Saturdays rematch, while Ray Emery allowed four goals on 34 shots. We have a really good team. We just have to build that confidence and, I know its a cliche, but get that first win and build from it, said Flyers forward Vincent Lecavalier. Weve had spurts of playing the right way but not consistently. Lecavalier wont be in the lineup tonight for the Flyers, as the veteran forward will be a healthy scratch for the first time in his career. The 34- year-old Lecavalier, who has two goals and four assists in 16 games this season, told the Philadelphia Daily News he wont suit up for tonights game. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen