games.PARIS - Novak

in camera talk Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:16 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

Toronto, ON (SportsNetwork.com) - Mike Conway benefited from not pitting late in the race and then held off Tony Kanaan in a three-lap shootout to the finish to win race 2 in Sundays IndyCar Series doubleheader on the streets of Toronto. Race 2 in the Honda Indy Toronto was scheduled for 65 laps but intermittent rain and numerous crashes and spins at this 1.75-mile, 11-turn temporary street course made this a timed event of 80 minutes. It concluded after 56 laps. Conway, who drove the No. 20 car for Ed Carpenter Racing in the Toronto weekend doubleheader, was one of five drivers who opted not to pit during a caution on lap 46. Justin Wilson stayed on the track and led the way for the restart on 49. On the following lap, with 7 minutes, 30 seconds to go, Conway overtook Wilson for the lead. A crash involving five drivers in turn 3 on lap 51 forced the sixth and final caution. IndyCar officials displayed the red flag and stopped the race and clock with 4 minutes, 32 seconds left to ensure the event would resume under green. It was really difficult conditions in the wet, Conway said. We were kind of struggling out there for a bit, but I knew as soon as I could see part of a dry line that it was time to come in [for a pit stop]. From there, we just took off and controlled the race. I was a bit nervous with the red flag there, knowing Justin was behind me. It was a lot of fun out there. Conway easily pulled away from the field after the last restart with two-and- a-half minutes remaining. He then beat Kanaan to the finish line by 3.5418 seconds. The tire temperatures came in really fast, and thats what you need in those types of conditions, so I could just control it and not have to push too hard and enjoy those last few laps, Conway said. Conway earned his second win this season and the fourth of his IndyCar career. His first victory in 2014 came on the streets of Long Beach, Calif. in April. Conway drives the No. 20 in all road/street course races this year, while team owner Ed Carpenter is behind the wheel for the oval events. Carpenter won in June at Texas. This one is all Mike. He did a great job, Carpenter said. A big part of the reason why we brought Mike in [this season to run road/street courses] was just to try to be stronger all the time. Earlier in the day, Sebastien Bourdais won the first race in Toronto. It had been scheduled for Saturday but persistent rain forced postponement until the following day. Bourdais started on the pole and led 58 of 65 laps. He claimed his first victory in an open-wheel race since November 2007 in Mexico City. Helio Castroneves finished second in race 1 and held a 28-point lead over Will Power, his teammate at Team Penske. Following his ninth-place run in the first event, Power finished third in race 2 and trimmed Castroneves advantage to 13 points. A good day and a typical IndyCar race, Power said. It throws everything at you, but you just have to survive. And thats what we did. Castroneves started on the pole and led the most laps in the second race with 32, but he sustained wing damage on the last lap and dropped in the field to finish 12th. Kanaans second-place run marked his third straight podium. He finished third in race 1 as well as third in last weekends event at Iowa. Kanaan, driving for Chip Ganassi Racing this season, spun out and stalled on course during the opening lap. He fell to the tail end of the field but patiently made his way back. Its been a great weekend, Kanaan said. I made a really bad mistake. I got too excited at the start and got sideways. I made a mistake, and I had to catch up. We made it up, and the team did a great job during my stops. It was a hell of a race, a good weekend with third and second. Were getting closer and closer [to a first win of the season]. Charlie Kimball finished fourth, followed by Takuma Sato, rookie Jack Hawksworth, Scott Dixon, the three-time and defending series champion, and Marco Andretti. Bourdais placed ninth, and Wilson ended up in the 10th spot. Juan Pablo Montoya and rookie Mikhail Aleshin were involved in a serious crash on lap 12, forcing the second caution. Moments after it started raining here, Montoya lost control and slid into the tire barrier. Seconds later, Aleshin plowed right into the back of Montoya. James Hinchcliffe was involved in the accident as well. Montoyas car went on top of Aleshins vehicle. Neither driver was injured during the incident. The rain started very fast and sudden, and I realized it when I started to brake in turn 8, and then I smacked the other car, Aleshin said. I ended up under the car, so that was not such a great feeling at all. The most important thing is that everything is fine. Im not hurt. The doubleheader in Toronto were the 13th and 14th events on the IndyCar schedule this season. Just four races remain -- Mid-Ohio (Aug. 3), Milwaukee (Aug. 17), Sonoma (Aug. 24) and Fontana (Aug. 30). Earl Seibert Jersey .Airport spokeswoman Heather Lissner said that all departing flights were back on schedule. However, arriving flights were still trying to catch up.Super Bowl Sunday got off to an inconvenient start for hundreds of passengers trying to get to Phoenix for the game. Chicago Blackhawks Shirts . Starting from pole, the 26-year-old Vettel turned in a trademark clinical performance to win the Indian Grand Prix on Sunday and join F1 greats Juan Manuel Fangio and Michael Schumacher as just the third driver to win four consecutive championships. https://www.cheapblackhawks.com/3527b-gl...blackhawks.html. Yet coming off consecutive series losses at St. Louis and Pittsburgh, Los Angeles needed some sort of spark as August approaches. The Dodgers found it in the ballpark of their biggest rival, and left the Bay Area in first place following an emphatic three-game swing. Bobby Orr Jersey . - Veteran Kings defenceman Robyn Regehr, sidelined since Game 1 of the Anaheim series, says hes close to returning. Brent Seabrook Jersey . Ryu (8-3) allowed a run and three hits in six innings and struck out six in his 13th start. In his first 13 starts last season -- his first in the major leagues -- the left-hander was 8-5 with a 2.85 ERA. This was the ninth time this year that Ryu has allowed fewer than three earned runs, and he is 7-0 in those games.PARIS - Novak Djokovic easily beat 13th-seeded Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-1, 6-4, 6-1 in only 1 1/2 hours Sunday at the French Open to reach the quarter-finals for the 20th major tournament in a row. The second-seeded Djokovic needs a title at Roland Garros to complete a career Grand Slam. He lost the 2012 final and in last yyears semifinals — both times to Rafael Nadal.dddddddddddd Djokovic improved to 12-5 against Tsonga, including winning their last 10 matches and the past 15 sets theyve played. In the quarterfinals, Djokovic will face No. 8 Milos Raonic of Canada, who beat Marcel Granollers of Spain 6-3, 6-3, 6-3. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen