" The loss was a last

in camera talk Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:27 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. - Mitch Kupchak is confident Kobe Bryant will make an impressive return to the Los Angeles Lakers after losing last season to injuries.The general manager also realizes the Lakers chances of returning to the playoffs probably depend on it.I think hell be very effective, Kupchak said Friday. Im not going to predict what his statistics will be, but ... if we needed 30 or 35 (points) from him, I think he could get it.Kupchak radiated preseason optimism while discussing the Lakers prospects for a rebound from last springs disappointments. Los Angeles finished 27-55 and missed the playoffs for just the third time in 38 years, but the GM believes he has a playoff-contending roster in place around Bryant this fall.Still, much depends on the health of Bryant, who will make $48.5 million over the next two seasons. Just six games after he finally returned from surgery on a torn Achilles tendon last winter, Bryant broke a bone near his knee and was lost for the year.Kupchak has been watching Bryants recovery for several months, observing his workouts at the Lakers training complex and near his home in Orange County. Bryant has lost at least 10 pounds during the process, getting back down to his playing weight prior to the injuries.I think hes going to have an excellent year, Kupchak said. Hes going to play differently than he played 10 years ago. Maybe not so different than what he played two or three years ago, because if youve tracked his progress over the years ... hes gradually turned into a seasoned veteran, knowing when to turn it on.He goes to certain spots on the court. He doesnt take wild shots. He doesnt gamble as much on defence. I think youll see a player similar to what you saw two years ago. Hell do as much as he has to do to put us into the best chance to win.Health is the Lakers primary concern, and theyve got it so far. Steve Nash, who played in just 15 games last season, said he is in his best condition in the last two years, while new forward Carlos Boozer also appears to be revitalized after wearing down last season in Chicago.Yet the Lakers are very aware that Bryant turned 36 last month, and Nash is 40 as both guards head into their 19th NBA seasons. Kupchak would support Byron Scott if the new coach elects to limit the guards minutes or participation in back-to-back games, but theyll have time to discuss it after Los Angeles opens training camp Monday.If there is some kind of a mandate to restrict minutes or games, hopefully the players understand it and they work with Byron on it, Kupchak said, mindful of Bryants competitive nature.(Bryant) looks really good, says he feels great, Kupchak added. No ill effects on either injury. Steve Nash says he feels the best hes felt in a long time. Hes been working out, playing every day. ... I think were a little bit more apprehensive with Steve, naturally, because of what he went through last year and his age.The Lakers tried to get help for Bryant in the off-season, but free agents LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony declined to join Kobe and the 16-time champions. Even Pau Gasol signed with the Bulls, spurning the Lakers and their fans who loved to hate him.Kupchak held up his summer personnel moves while courting the leagues top names, but came up empty.If you dont try, you dont know, Kupchak said. We went all-out to try to pursue (James and Anthony). I think we came close, I really do, but it doesnt really matter.So while the Lakers hope Nash stays healthy, Boozer and Jeremy Lin revitalize their careers, Nick Young keeps scoring and draft pick Julius Randle develops into an elite power forward, theyll continue to count on Bryant.Its comforting to know hell be here two more years, and hes healthy, Kupchak said. With him on the court, were always going to have the chance to win games. Mecole Hardman Jersey . Serbia captain Bogdan Obradovic said his team will include 9th-ranked Janko Tipsarevic and 27th-ranked Viktor Troicki as he decided to let the top-ranked Djokovic rest. Gary Green Jersey .com) - The Grand Slam season will get underway Monday at the Australian Open in Melbourne, where a new champion will be crowned this year. http://www.customchiefsjersey.com/custom...e-426n.html.com) - Tony Parker scored 17 points to lead the San Antonio Spurs to a comfortable 99-85 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday. Fred Arbanas Jersey . And Richard Bachman, their rookie goalie, is facing a penalty shot a few seconds after the opening face-off. No pressure, right? Bachman stood his ground against Zack Kassian and saw the puck dribble off the Canuck rookies stick, then settled in and backstopped the Stars to a 5-2 win over Vancouver Tuesday that put Dallas in first place in the Pacific Division. Jordan Lucas Jersey . Ben Street scored twice for the Heat (17-5-1), who won their fourth game in a row and 13th in their last 14 outings. Brett Bulmer scored the lone goal for the Wild (6-11-0), who dropped their sixth straight contest.UFC veteran lightweight Melvin Guillard has been released by the organization. "The Young Assassin" is mired in a 2-5 skid with one no contest that was capped off by a disappointing unanimous decision loss to Michael Johnson at UFC Fight Night 38 in London on March 8. His manager Malki Kawa announced his release Thursday night. "Theres no doubt Melvin ran the entire fight and was incredibly passive, the complete opposite of how he used to fight," UFC president Dana White said of Guillards last performance. "There was a lot of smack talk leading up to that fight, and those are the fights that everybody gets excited about, and nine times out of 10 they end up like tonight. Those drive me crazy. "I was excited for that fight. I thoughtt (they were) both really explosive athletes who can mix it up really well, and it just didnt happen tonight.dddddddddddd" The loss was a last straw of sorts for the inconsistent Guillard. Despite being awarded Knockout of the Night on three spearate occasions, the New Orleans native never established himself among the lightweight divisions elite. Guillard debuted in the octagon during the second season of "The Ultimate Fighter" in 2005. From 2008 to late 2011, Guillard put together his finest run, scoring eight wins in nine fights but failed to defeat household lightweight names like Nate Diaz, Joe Lauzon and Jim Miller. Guillard leaves the UFC with the third most wins, most knockdowns and most knockouts in lightweight history. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4198 topics and 4201 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen