when they decided not

in camera talk Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:56 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

NEW YORK -- The newest team in Major League Soccer is doing its part to fill Yankee Stadium with stars. New York City FC introduced Frank Lampard in Brooklyn on Thursday after signing the 36-year-old former Chelsea midfielder to a two-year contract. "Why not New York? Talk about ticking all the boxes. I want to carry on challenging myself." Lampard said at a news conference . "Thats a great challenge, isnt it? City of hopes and dreams. Thats where you want to go to and play isnt it?" The club owned by Manchester City of the Premier League and the New York Yankees of Major League Baseball previously signed David Villa of Atletico Madrid. Both City and Atletico won league championships last year, meaning the expansion soccer team set to begin playing home games at the ballpark in 2015 is also bringing more champions to the Bronx than Yankee Stadiums full-time tenants have lately. The news conference was held at Brooklyn Bridge Park, where several soccer fields share space on a pier in the East River across from Lower Manhattan. A couple dozen fans, many in blue Chelsea jerseys, gathered around to listen, at times cheering and getting laughs from the dais, where Lampard was flanked by club sporting director Claudio Reyna , chief business officer Tim Pernetti, and coach Jason Kreis. Lampard, who has scored 211 goals for England and Chelsea, became the latest international star to move to MLS. Most famous was David Beckham, who joined the Los Angeles Galaxy in 2007 from Real Madrid. "I think this is an incredibly exciting time for the league," Kreis said. Lampard is "a rare talent, one that scores a lot of goals from midfield, yet is also a disciplined defender and someone who reads the game brilliantly." Lampard was asked about a widely reported encounter with American travellers in 2001, shortly after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, when he and teammates were fined following reports they were behaving drunkenly and boorishly in front of the distraught Americans. "I was naive and a young boy at the time and I have some regrets," Lampard said. "I categorically didnt insult anyone, set out to insult anyone, behave badly in front of Americans or in fact anyone. Ive tried in the last 13 years at Chelsea to build up -- well, to just be a good man really and not just be a good footballer, but a good man off the pitch. ... Unfortunately it was very much misreported at the time in England and its actually a chance for me to finally say that." Lampard, speaking with the skyline behind him across the river, said he "of course" plans to visit the Sept. 11 memorial. "You visit this great city, you know what it means to New Yorkers. I think you go and pay your respects, so yes I will," he said. Kreis said the team examined the situation and considers the matter resolved. His newest player is someone with strong feelings about New York. "I want New Yorkers to hear that and see that," Lampard said. "Its up to me to show them here and prove the footballer I am and the person that I am." Vans Sk8 Low Sale .The 24-year-old quarterback spent four seasons at Northern Illinois and in 2013 was a finalist for the Heisman, which is awarded annually to the most outstanding player in U. Vans Shoes Wholesale Store . For Bergevin, the best pick is the 30th — which traditionally goes to the Stanley Cup winner. "Thats our goal. http://www.vanssalestore.com/.com) - Brad Stuart has yet to play a regular-season game for the Colorado Avalanche, but that didnt deter the club from signing the veteran defenseman to a two-year contract extension on Monday. Vans Shoes Wholesale . The 28-year-old from Rochester, Alta., was selected by the Redblacks from the Saskatchewan Roughriders roster in the 2013 CFL Expansion Draft. Vans Shoes Sale . The striker headed Spurs into a 35th-minute lead and tapped in their third in the 71st after Chico Flores own goal. Wilfried Bony hit the bar and had a good penalty appeal for a push by Tottenham captain Michael Dawson turned down in the first half, before getting Swanseas consolation late on. CHICAGO -- Jimmer Fredette wanted to start over. The Chicago Bulls wanted to improve their outside shooting. Each side is hoping for a perfect match. Fredette joined the surging Bulls on Sunday after the team announced it had signed the sharp-shooting guard for the rest of the season. The 6-foot-2 Fredette was in uniform for Chicagos game against the New York Knicks. "I see how this team plays and they play hard every single night and they play for each other," he said. "They play the right way. Thats something I was looking for, to come into a team I could fit in and play the way I wanted to and play hard every single night and be part of a team. Im excited to be here. I cant wait to start and get out there and play and see how things go." Fredette, the 10th overall pick in the 2011 draft, was bought out by the Sacramento Kings on Thursday and cleared waivers on Saturday. He is averaging just 5.9 points and 11.3 minutes in his third season, but is shooting 49 per cent from 3-point range. The Bulls, who had won eight of nine coming into the day, had been looking for more outside shooting since they lost Marco Belinelli in free agency last off-season, and then traded Luol Deng to Cleveland in January. "I hope I can space out the floor for these guys and help create open shots for my teammates and also create open shots for me," Fredette said. "I think it fits well. Hopefully Ill be able to come in and do what I do on the basketball floor." The knock on Fredette is his defensive ability and finding a way to get open for his accurate shot, but coach Tom Thibodeau said he wants to come to his own conclusions about what the former BYU star can do on the court. "Hes got to learn defensively what to do in terms of team defence and thats usually the biggest adjustment," Thibodeau said.dddddddddddd "But the fact that he can shoot the way that he can, I think it complements our primary scorers as well." Fredette became a top NBA prospect when he led the nation in scoring at 28.5 points per game during his senior year with the Cougars, who made it to the final 16 in the NCAA tournament in his last season. He was The Associated Press player of the year, but he never lived up to his billing in Sacramento after the Kings acquired him in a draft-day trade with Milwaukee. It was clear his time with the Kings was coming to an end when they decided not to pick up his option for 2014-15 before this season. "I appreciate everything that happened in Sacramento," Fredette said. "It was character building for me continuing to go out and play hard. I feel like I progressed as a player even though sometimes you dont get the minutes you want to, youve just got to continue to work hard and know that if you keep playing hard and doing the right things then eventually things will turn your way." One of the top attractions for Fredette with the Bulls is Thibodeau, who has a history of helping lower-tier free agents turn into valuable commodities. Belinelli and Nate Robinson flourished in Chicago last season, and D.J. Augustin has played well since he signed with the Bulls in December. "This time of the year, I think youre always looking to get insurance for your team," Thibodeau said. "You like his makeup. I think he can grow. I think hell get better. So well see how it unfolds. But you also have to remember you have to put the team first." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4198 topics and 4201 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen