they very, very desperately

in camera talk Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:56 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

SPARTANBURG, S.C. -- Carolina Panthers rookie running back Tyler Gaffney will have season-ending surgery after tearing the lateral meniscus in his left knee. Gaffney was Carolinas sixth-round draft pick out of Stanford and was expected to provide some depth in the backfield. Panthers coach Ron Rivera said Saturday night after practice that Gaffney will have surgery next week and will be placed on injured reserve. "Were disappointed for him and were disappointed for us because he certainly fit what we do," Rivera said. Gaffney started 14 games last season for Stanford and led the team with 1,709 yards rushing on 330 carries. Rivera said Gaffney injured his knee in Friday nights Fan Fest while attempting to make a cut. Gaffney left practice early, but didnt appear to be seriously hurt at the time. An MRI showed differently. "It was on a running play," Rivera said. "He ran a sweep coming out to our offensive left (side). He made a really nice cut. It was a bump and a little bit of a turn on the knee and he said he felt it pop." Gaffney had 486 carries last season, second-most in Stanford history. He ranked first in the Pac-12 and fifth in the nation with 21 touchdowns rushing. He compiled nine 100-yard rushing performances, the second most in Stanford history. The 6-foot, 220-pound Gaffney stood a good chance to make Carolinas roster even with a crowded backfield that includes veterans DeAngelo Williams, Stewart and fullback Mike Tolbert. Rivera said the Panther plan to sign another running back, particularly with Stewart hobbled by a hamstring injury. Rivera said the team will miss Gaffneys toughness, calling him a "workhorse style of back. Hes similar in stature to Jonathan Stewart. He runs like Jonathan and he would have been a good (insurance) policy for us." Stars Jerseys China . The biggest shock of this seasons competition was on when Watford took a 2-0 lead after 30 minutes at Etihad Stadium, only for a remarkable Aguero-led comeback by City in the final half-hour. The Argentina striker produced clinical finishes in the 60th and 79th minutes to level the score before Aleksandar Kolarov put City in front in the 87th. Stitched Stars Jerseys . In the days leading up to the draft, TSN.ca and TSN Radio basketball analyst Duane Watson looks at some of the names that will be headlining the event. Tonight, Michigans Nik Stauskas of Mississauga, Ontario. https://www.cheapstarsonline.com/. Bostons bats exploded in Mondays opener, as David Ortiz belted a pair of two-run homers, Stephen Drew homered and drove in four runs and the Red Sox pummeled the Blue Jays, 14-1. Dallas Stars Store . According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, the Maple Leafs have trade offers on the table for the 26-year-old, but none have been deemed acceptable by the team. Custom Dallas Stars Jerseys . The third-ranked Lewis, a three-time winner this year on the LPGA Tour, had a 9-under 135 total at Emirates Golf Course in the Ladies European Tours season-ending tournament.We caught up with him to talk about the best deal he ever made (as well as the one hes happiest he didnt make).“I always did my stuff ahead of the deadline. The best deal Ive ever done was the Darryl Sydor deal. We did that at the end of January in 04, and Syd was the missing piece. He was the piece that put us over the top. “But the best deadline deal I never did was in 2008. The team in Tampa had been sold but the deal hadnt closed. Oren Koulis and Len Barrie were in as the new owners, and they very, very desperately wwanted to trade Danny Boyle.dddddddddddd And John Tortorella, and Bill Barber, and Claude Loiselle, who was my assistant GM, none of us wanted to do it. “We spent a long time convincing the owners we had to in fact re-sign Danny Boyle. Once we got the green light, I insisted he come in the night before the deadline, I think it was 8:30 at night, because I wanted to get it finalized. At the draft, they had Boyle on the block and they moved him to San Jose. So it was short-lived, but we got the deal done." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4198 topics and 4201 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen