Everton held a tribute

in camera talk Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:31 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

MEMPHIS, Tennessee -- The Grizzlies have another new coach shaking up the lineup and once again Zach Randolphs number is being called.Coach David Fizdale will have the 15-year veteran Zach Randolph anchor the second unit instead of starting alongside center Marc Gasol.Randolph, who has started 820 of the 984 NBA games hes played, is on board with the move.Im going to do whatever it takes to help these young guys out and help this Grizzlies team win, Randolph said.Fizdale has decided that moving the 6-foot-9 Randolph, who turned 35 in July, to the bench this season will help the Grizzlies start games more up-tempo. JaMychal Green, 26 and entering his third year, will replace Randolph as the starter at power forward.Fizdale thought about the change over the summer after he was hired in late May to replace Dave J1oerger. With the league moving to a quicker, more athletic pace chasing Golden State, Fizdale also needed an offensive punch on the second unit making the idea of switching Randolph pretty clear.Were not going to beat teams and compete with those teams at a high level if we play slow basketball, Fizdale said. And, I just think that Marc and Zach together is not a formula for pace.The Grizzlies lumbering, slowdown, post-driven recipe anchored by Gasol and Randolph on the front line is a rarity in todays NBA. Last season, Memphis averaged 99.1 points -- one of seven teams scoring less than 100 points a game and the only playoff team under the century mark. The rest of the league averaged 102.7 points, led by Golden States 115.Randolph, who has known Fizdale since the forward was 19, is saying all the right things about the change:- He wants to help the Grizzlies win- Hes a team-first player.- He will play hard in whatever role he is given.- And he is pleased there is a clear direction from the start, not a midseason change.Its going to be better this year because I know how to prepare myself and know what to expect. I can get prepared, Randolph said.This isnt the first time a Memphis coach thought Randolph coming off the bench might better serve the team. Former coaches Lionel Hollins and Joerger both experimented with the idea with mixed results.I was just very direct with Z Bo. I was very respectful, Fizdale said. I laid out the plan on why and how he could still be extremely effective and help us win a title. I also put the goal in front of him that were going to go after the Sixth Man of the Year together.Fizdale also hopes to solve another problem by adding offensive punch to the reserves from a forward averaging 17 points and 9.4 rebounds per game over his career. Randolphs banging post play against younger players coupled with his ability to position himself for rebounds should help provide a more balanced rotation for the Grizzlies.The new coach is frank about the move, both in discussing the change publicly and in recounting his conversation with Randolph who is going into the final season of his contract.I said: `Z, I dont know if people are going to pay you to be a starter from here on out, Fizdale said. Thats not a knock on him. Father Time catches up to everyone a little bit. I said: `Lets show people that youre willing and able to come off the bench and be very effective.And, for now, Randolph seems willing to accept the challenge.He said he just wanted to try something, and hopefully, itll work. Randolph said. Im just going to go out and play my game. Wholesale Jerseys .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. Wholesale Jerseys China . Westbrook has missed 27 games since having a procedure on Dec. 27 to deal with swelling in his injured right knee — the third operation on the knee in nine months. https://www.wholesalejerseysaaa.com/ . -- Whether Jeremy Hill deserves a prominent role in LSUs offence this early in the season is a matter for debate. Wholesale Jerseys 2021 . Jason Zucker and Matt Cooke also scored for Minnesota, which has won five of six. Kuemper made five saves in the first, nine in the second, and nine in the third. The rookies best save came with 2:17 left in the third period when he denied former Wild forward Matt Cullen from just outside of the crease on the right side. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over .Tim Howard feels criticism aimed at Everton boss Roberto Martinez this season should more have been directed at the clubs players. Saturdays 2-1 win over Bournemouth was marred by protests towards the Spaniard, with more than 100 fans remaining inside Goodison Park after the game finished to continue their demonstration.Everton had not won since their FA Cup quarter-final victory over Chelsea on March 12, a stretch of seven games, and Martinezs style of play has been the subject of criticism from supporters. Martinez calm amid fan protests Everton boss Roberto Martinez calm amid fan protests But his players have escaped the worst of that and Howard feels that is unfair on Martinez, whose side are next in action against title-chasing Leicester on Saturday.Everyone talks about the manager but he hasnt kicked one ball this season, said the United States goalkeeper, who is leaving Everton at the end of the season to join MLS side Colorado Springs. Everton supporters flew a banner from a plane protesting against manager Martinez during their sides win over Bournemouth It is down to us as players. We are the ones who have to be resilient and dig in. If that hasnt been good enough, fair dos. We have to take that on the chin. The table doesnt lie.Everyone is entitled to their opinion so I dont want to comment on plans and banners but we have to kick the ball, try to save it, try to score. Martinez has come under increased pressure because of a winless run of seven games that ended on Saturday Whatever happens on the outside is where the game has gone, whether that is right or wrong people have a right to voice their opinion and that is what people do.Every manager needs to be given time. People cant have it both ways. Often you get everyone outside of a club talking about players who are not loyal but it works the other way too.People need to be given time when they come to a club - players, managers, the board, it is no different. Everton old boys talk about the current situation at Goodison and the mounting pressure on Roberto Martinez Howard bristled at suggestions Martinez had lost sections of the Everton dressing room, taking it as an insult to their professionalism.ddddddddddddI love this club and I feel it is the greatest club I have ever played for but we have no divine right to win games and we have to roll up our sleeves and dig in, and we havent done that enough, he added.When you play professional sports you are open to criticism good and bad and I always say you are never as good or bad as people say you are. Everton held a tribute to the 96 Liverpool fans who lost their lives in the Hillsborough disaster before their game with Bournemouth One thing I can assure everyone is we are going to work and we try our tails off to win football matches, no-one chucks it in. I think as senior players you try to protect the younger ones because theyve not seen it before but Im an old dog and Ive seen it all before.No criticism fazes me; not from the media, outside sources or social media. It is just words. We have to go to work every day and try to get it right. It isnt fantastic and we will try to reel off three more wins and try to get ourselves up the table. Also See: Martinez calm amid protests Supplement on Martinez Howe plays down Everton link Baines earns Everton win ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4198 topics and 4201 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen