was released Monday

in camera talk Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:58 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

LEXINGTON, Ky. - After starting Southeastern Conference play with a win over Georgia on Wednesday night, the Kentucky volleyball team made it two in a row by beating Mississippi State 3-1 (25-21, 22-25, 25-14, 26-24) on Sunday afternoon in Memorial Coliseum. The win is the sixth-consecutive overall for the Wildcats.Kentucky (9-4, 2-0 SEC) had 10 service aces in a match for the first time since 2013, with four different Wildcats recording an ace in the match. Sophomore setter Olivia Dailey accounted for four of those aces, while senior Anni Thomasson had three.It (the win) really started with our serving, UK coach Craig Skinner said. We got a lot more aggressive with our serving in that set (third), and it really gave us opportunities to score and get kills in transition. So, our serving pressure was certainly a difference after the break.Freshman Leah Edmond led the Wildcats with 14 kills, while junior Kaz Brown had 12 and sophomore Brooke Morgan added 10, matching her season high. Junior Emily Franklin posted nine and added a team-best five blocks.Dailey had 47 assists in the match, her second-highest total of the season. Dailey added four digs and four block assists in the match as well.Junior Ashley Dusek led the defensive charge for the Wildcats behind a season-best 27 digs. Thomasson added nine, while Edmond chipped in with eight. Sophomore McKenzie Watson contributed five on the afternoon. Kentucky has now limited six-straight opponents to a .162 attacking clip or lower as the Bulldogs managed just a .140 percentage in todays match.The thing that means most to me is we have a level of defense and serving that we can play and aspire to thats pretty high, Skinner said. Mississippi State throws a little bit of lightning speed at you, and youve got to be ready to make plays and anticipate. We responded when they played it to us in game two and Im proud of our players responding when we needed them to.Kentucky returns to action on Wednesday night, when the Wildcats travel to Gainesville, Florida, to face the sixth-ranked Florida Gators. The match is set to begin at 7 p.m. ET and can be seen on the SEC Network.SET RECAPSSet 1Kentucky jumped out to a quick 5-1 lead, with Edmond and Morgan both registering two kills early. The Wildcats stretched the lead to 18-10 before settling for a 25-21 first-set win. Dailey had a solid all-around set for Kentucky, with 11 assists, two service aces and three digs. Edmond led Kentucky with six kills in the set, while Morgan and Brown each added three. Dusek had six digs for the Wildcats and Edmond had five. Kentucky hit .250 as a team in the set while holding Mississippi State to a .103 hitting percentage.Set 2The second set was tight throughout, with neither team leading by more than three points. Kentucky took a 20-19 lead late in the set on a kill by Thomasson, but Mississippi State answered by scoring the next four points to lead 23-21. The Bulldogs were then able to close out the set, winning 25-22. Brown led Kentucky with four kills in the set, while Edmond added three. Dailey has 12 more assists, as well as another service ace. Dusek added six digs. Kentucky hit .179 in the set, while MSU hit .194.Set 3The third set was tied at 6-6 when Brown and Thomasson decided to take over the match. Kentucky went on a 6-0 run, with Brown registering three kills and a block during the run, while Thomasson had a solo block and a kill in the same stretch. As Kentucky stretched its lead, it was Thomasson continuing to do damage, including a run of three-straight service aces late in the set. Brown had four kills in the frame for the Wildcats, while Franklin had three kills and three block assists. Dailey had eight assists in the set, as Kentucky hit .346 as a team.Set 4Mississippi State won the first three points of the set before Kentucky mounted a rally to take a 9-6 lead. Kentucky extended its lead to 15-11 on a kill by Morgan, but MSU would not go away quietly. Trailing 24-21, the Bulldogs ran off three points in a row to tie the set at 24. But Morgan and Edmond closed with consecutive kills to win the set 26-24 and give Kentucky a four-set victory. Morgan had five kills in the set for the Wildcats, with Franklin and Thomasson each adding three. Dailey had 16 assists in the set and Dusek added another 14 digs. Discount Nike Air Max 1 . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. Nike Air Max 1 Store . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. https://www.cheapairmax1store.com/ . Irving scored 23 points, Tristan Thompson had 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Cavaliers beat the Denver Nuggets 117-109 on Friday night. Fake Nike Air Max 1 . Meanwhile, there were huge victories for Sunderland and West Ham over fellow relegation rivals, leaving the battle to avoid the drop up for grabs with the bottom 11 teams separated by just six points. Eden Hazard and Fernando Torres scored second-half goals to seal a fourth straight victory for Chelsea, which climbed above Arsenal and Manchester City in the standings ahead of their games on Monday and Sunday respectively. Replica Nike Air Max 1 . The Oilers come in having lost five in a row (0-4-1) and 16 of their last 20 games, dropping a 2-1 decision to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Delino DeShields is known for his speed, stealing 101 bases in 2012 in the minors, not for his power.DeShields homered in the seventh inning to break a tie and the Texas Rangers defeated the Kansas City Royals 2-1 on Sunday.DeShields, who was recalled Thursday from Triple-A Round Rock, walked and doubled before leading off the seventh with his third home run. DeShields hit a 2-1 pitch from Luke Hochevar out to left.It so happened that today I was the guy that got us the go-ahead run, DeShields said. I was just trying to hit the ball hard. I wasnt looking for anything specific. I wanted to get on base. Before I had gotten on base in every at-bat.With the game tied and if I get myself in scoring position, theres a good chance for me to touch home plate. I got into it pretty good and got it over the fence, but the main focus was just putting the barrel on the ball and try to get on base.The loss dropped the Royals to 48-49, the first time the World Series champions have been below .500 since May 15 when they were 18-19. The Royals have lost 13 of 19 games in July.Left-hander Alex Claudio (2-1) picked up the win, pitching a scoreless sixth.Hochevar (2-3) took the loss and has allowed six runs in 6 1/3 innings in July.It was a four-seam fastball and it just took off and ran back over the plate, Hochevar said of DeShields home run. Trying to go down and away with that and it just ran middle.Rangers relievers Claudio, Keone Kela, Jake Diekman and Sam Dyson held the Royals scoreless the final four innings.Dyson earned his 20th save in 22 opportunities, but not before allowing two singles and taking Paulo Orlandos liner off his right shoulder.After stranding runners at third base in the third, fourth and fifth innings, the Rangers broke through with a clutch hit in the sixth when Mitch Morelands two-out single scored Adrian Beltre, who began the inning with a single.Royals starter Edinson Volquez left after six innings and 91 pitches, allowing one run and seven hits, while walking three and striking out three. It was Volquezs fifth straight start pitching at least six innings and he has a 2.87 ERA in that span.There were scouts watching Volquez, who is eligible for free agenccy after this season and could be traded at the deadline.dddddddddddd.He pitched in and out of trouble all day long, a fantastic job, Royals manager Ned Yost said.Rangers right-hander A.J. Griffin left after allowing four hits in five innings, including Kendrys Morales home run in the fourth inning. Morales had three of the Royals seven hits.I tried to keep them off balance as well as I could, Griffin said. Its a good team win. Delino had a great day. I think it was good step forward for the whole team and something to build on.The Rangers won back-to-back games for the first time since June 27-28.PEREZ RESTEDC Salvador Perez was not in the Royals lineup for the first time since July 3 with Drew Butera behind the plate with a day game after a night game. Perez was in a 2-for-23 skid with eight strikeouts and no walks over six games before delivering a pinch single in the ninth.RETURNING HOMEThe Rangers wrapped up a nine-game, 10-day trip Sunday and play their next seven at Globe Life Park. They have played only four home games in the past 28 days from June 27 to July 24.RANGERS SIGN BRESLOWLeft-hander Craig Breslow, who was released Monday by the Marlins, has signed a minor league contract with the Rangers and assigned to Triple-A Round Rock. Breslow, 35, is 22-29 with a 3.35 ERA in 539 games in the majors with San Diego, Boston, Cleveland, Minnesota, Oakland, Arizona and Miami.TRAINERS ROOMRangers: General manager Jon Daniels said he anticipates LHP Derek Holland and RHP Colby Lewis will return to the rotation on Aug. 20 and 21, the dates they are eligible to come off the 60-day disabled list.Royals: OF Lorenzo Cain (left hamstring strain) ran before the game. Hes making progress, Royals manager Ned Yost said. Well evaluate it tomorrow.UP NEXTRangers: LHP Martin Perez, who has lost his past three starts, will start against the Athletics at Arlington.Royals: RHP Ian Kennedy, who starts the series opener against the Angels, allowed four home runs in a Wednesday loss to the Indians and is tied with teammate Chris Young in allowing a major league-high 26 homers. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen