fans to Gampel Pavilion

in camera talk Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:02 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

Kell Brook insists he does not fear Gennady Golovkin and his knockout record.The Kazakh KO king has stopped his last 22 opponents, 32 from 35 in total, and none of his world title fights has gone the distance since 2010.Listed at No. 2 in the ESPN pound-for-pound rankings, Golovkin is the world middleweight No. 1 whose rivals have avoided fighting him.But Brook (36-0, 25 KOs), from Sheffield, is not daunted by the task of stepping up two divisions from welterweight to challenge California-based Golovkin for two (WBC and IBF) of his three world middleweight titles on Saturday.Two Britons -- Martin Murray last year and Matthew Macklin in 2013 -- are among Golovkins victims and Brook admits he is taking on the best in the boxing business at the O2 Arena.Ive asked people in the sport is there anything you can pull Golovkin down with, and they couldnt say, Brook told ESPN. Win or lose I know I will have been in with the best. Im looking forward to sharing the ring with the best fighter in the world.Im not scared of him. Ive had so many things that have happened to me, like being stabbed [two years ago] and thinking I might not fight again, so this for me -- fighting Golovkin -- is sport and I dont fear him.Ive heard about his power but hes going to have to show me what hes about. I know Martin Murray went 11 rounds with him and hes a very tough man. It might come down to the skill, and who wants it the most. It might come down to the sweet science of the game.The 20,000 capacity venue sold out in just 11 minutes and 30-year-old Brook admits many will be coming for the chance to see Golovkin.Everyone has got their own opinion but I hope the British public gets behind me but a lot of fight fans love Golovkin and some will be there just to support him, Brook told ESPN. I cant say all the British fight fans will be behind me in this fight. I would prefer it if they were cheering for me.But it wont make any difference to me. I cant say that all the British fans there will be supporting me because Golovkin is a very exciting and popular fighter.He can punch people out and fans like that and some British fans may be supporting him. But whether they are paying to watch me win or lose, I still get paid.Brook insists he feels more comfortable as a middleweight than a welterweight and also insists he is not intimidated by Golovkins fearsome reputation.I just know what I can do and anyone can be beat, Brook told reporters at a news conference.His opponents probably listened to all that talk about him but I will concentrate on what I can do instead of worrying what hes going to do.It doesnt matter to me what his record is. Hes got to opponents before he has fought him, like a young Mike Tysons opponents were beaten before they got in the ring with him.My mindset and determination are different from everyone elses and thats why Im going to win this fight.Theres a little bit of fear with me but that will make me so sharp in the fight, its healthy and it will make me switched on.Ive got the skills. Everyone is going on about me being a smaller guy coming up but thats not the case.Ive never trained with these sort of calories and fuel before. Im naturally strong and I believe its written that this fight has landed on my toes and I will shock the world. It will be the biggest upset ever.Im passionate about doing something no British fighter has done before and this will be the biggest win ever I believe. Air Max 270 Cheap . A big centre with all the tools to be an elite player, Johansen paced the Blue Jackets with a standout game Saturday night. He had a goal and two assists for a career-high three points as Columbus beat the New York Islanders 5-2 to snap a five-game losing streak. Nike Cortez Wholesale . -- Aaron Murray threw for 408 yards and three touchdowns, ran for another score, and led No. http://www.nikeshoesoutletwholesale.com/air-max-97-sale/max-97-womens-cheap.html . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. Air Max 97 Outlet . -- If Henry Burris has his way, he will be the starting quarterback to lead the Hamilton Tiger-Cats back to the Grey Cup next year. Nike Cortez Clearance . Denis Coderre, the former federal MP who was elected mayor on Nov. 3, has drawn the ire of some Montreal Canadiens. During last nights game he tweeted: "Hello? Can we get a one-way ticket to (minor-league) Hamilton for David Desharnais please. CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- The college basketball season is officially here.From North Carolinas Late Night With Roy event to Kentuckys Big Blue Madness that drew a packed crowd to Rupp Arena, Friday night featured a busy schedule of Midnight Madness-style events around the country that stand as the ceremonial kickoff to the 2016-17 season.Similar events took place at Michigan State, Arizona, Maryland, Iowa State and Connecticut, among other schools.Coming off a loss in the NCAA championship game on a last-second 3-pointer to Villanova, the Tar Heels held their Late Night event featuring the mens and womens basketball teams in front of a crowd of more than 15,000 fans at the Smith Center. Hall of Fame coach Roy Williams drew a standing ovation as he walked onto the court ahead of player introductions for a veteran squad, while the players quickly commenced with a series of skills contests and danced for fans before capping the night with an intrasquad scrimmage.I think weve had a pretty good structure out there; guys knew where to go, Tar Heels junior Theo Pinson said. It was good playing in front of a crowd, to get used to it for the freshmen and us getting the feel of it again. It was fun.In Lexington, Kentucky, the Wildcats stepped out on the blue carpet to offer the first look at John Caliparis latest heralded freshman class. The school also unveiled a new scoreboard above center court and a newly designed playing court, part of renovations at Rupp Arena for its 40th anniversary.Actors Steve Zahn and Josh Hopkins, along with former Kentucky standouts John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins, were in attendance. Renowned boxing announcer Michael Buffer introduced the players with some of the newcomers displaying dance moves to the delight of those in attendance.Wow, Calipari said. You people are crazy. Look at this place. Only you, only here.The Midnight Madness tradition was based on teams holding open practices at the earliest opportunity on the first day the NCAA permitted teams to open practice.dddddddddddd Rule changes in 2013 gave teams more flexibility on when they would start their practices, which also scattered the Midnight Madness-type events -- many now being held in more family-friendly evening hours -- across the calendar.Kansas was the first of the marquee programs to hold its event on Oct. 1, while others -- including Duke, Syracuse, Indiana and Virginia -- are scheduled to hold public scrimmages or similar events next weekend.---Heres a look at some of the Midnight Madness events Friday night:UNC: Senior Isaiah Hicks scored 13 points, according to unofficial statistics, to lead Blue past White 40-37, though the Tar Heels needed a one-minute overtime after the 20-minute scrimmage to decide the game.KENTUCKY: Buffer played off his trademark phrase by announcing Lets get ready for roundball! ahead the Wildcats 10-minute scrimmage matching the newcomers against the veterans. Bam Adebayo had 14 points on seven dunks to help the freshmen win 25-21.UCONN: The Huskies drew about 8,000 fans to Gampel Pavilion in Storrs to catch First Night with the mens and national championship womens teams, which evenly divided both teams players for the 20-minute scrimmage featuring alternating five-minute segments for mens and womens play.ARIZONA: Five-star freshman guard Rawle Alkins had quite a moment en route to winning the teams dunk contest, plucking the ball from coach Sean Miller as he leaped over his back and then threw it down in one motion.IOWA STATE: Senior Deonte Burton won the teams dunk contest, junior college transfer Donovan Jackson won the 3-point contest, and the mens and womens squads played a 16-minute co-ed scrimmage in Hilton Madness. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4198 topics and 4201 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen