is linebacker or a hybrid

in camera talk Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:01 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

SUNRISE, Fla. -- Tuukka Rask is certainly a welcome sight in net for the Boston Bruins.Rask stopped 33 shots to help lead the Bruins to a 2-1 victory over the Florida Panthers on Tuesday night. Rask made his second start after missing three games with an injury and has been in goal for all five of the Bruins wins this season.Ive felt good all along, Rask said. Probably just because of the chances we gave up (on penalties), I had to make more saves, but I felt good all along.Brad Marchand and Dominic Moore scored to lead the Bruins to their second straight after a three-game skid.He looked good tonight and the main reason were standing here with two points, Bruins coach Claude Julien said of Rask.Denis Malgin scored for the Panthers and Roberto Luongo had 24 saves in Floridas fourth loss in five games.Trailing 2-0, the Panthers got on the scoreboard on Malgins first NHL goal with 4:35 left in the third when his shot from the slot beat Rask. It snapped the Bruins goalies shutout streak of 131:11.I had many chances and I didnt score, Malgin said. Now, I finally scored. Its nice, but we lost and thats bad.The Panthers pulled their goalie with 3:20 left during a power play to give them a 6-on-4 advantage but couldnt score.We had a lot of chances in that first period and couldnt capitalize and Tuukka Rask was the difference, Panthers coach Gerard Gallant said. He played a great game.Marchand gave the Bruins a 1-0 lead with his goal on the penalty shot 3:53 in. Reilly Smith was called for hooking Marchand from behind. Marchand then skated in on Luongo and put the puck over his glove for his 300th NHL point. Marchand is now 4 for 5 on penalty shots in his career.The Bruins were outshot 13-3 in the first period.We had so many turnovers, it was a real bad start, it was a bad period, Julien said. Those are the kind of starts we are trying to avoid. We had a goaltender that was ready to play and kept us in there.The Bruins made it 2-0 on a short-handed goal by Moore at 6:16 of the second. Moores angle shot from below the left circle rolled in and out of the net so quickly that the goal light didnt go off and play continued, but an officials review a few seconds later determined the puck had crossed the goal line before it came out.Sometimes you can surprise a goalie from those kinds of angles and you try to release it quick and you never know, Moore said. It was just fortunate that it found its way.The Panthers were on the power play seven times but couldnt score as they managed only six shots, and gave up the short-handed goal to Moore in the second.That hurt, Gallant said. They scored a short-handed goal also. It definitely hurt. We got outworked on our power play and that was the bottom line.Game notes Florida RW Jaromir Jagr played in his 1,639th NHL game, tying him with Dave Andreychuk for sixth on the all-time list. ... Panthers RW Jonathan Marchessault, 25, has been named the NHLs third star for October, tying for the league lead with six goals and adding five assists in nine games. ... Bruins RW David Pastrnak, who leads Boston with five goals, sat out the second of a two-game NHL suspension for a high hit against the New York Rangers.UP NEXTBruins: At Tampa Bay on Thursday night.Panthers: Host New Jersey on Thursday night. Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Hyperspace . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing. Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Static Cheap . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie. http://www.cheapyeezyswholesale.com/yeezy-boost-350-v2-for-sale/discount-yeezy-350-v2-black-non-reflective.html . The injury bothered Bledsoe in the Suns victory over the Clippers on Monday and he sat out the teams home loss to Memphis on Thursday night. Yeezy Boost 700 Utility Black For Sale . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Zebra Cheap . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Jabrill Peppers may be on the field for up to 100 plays a game this season for Michigan.On defense, Peppers will move closer to the line at times as a linebacker and hell be a defensive back on some snaps. He will play in the slot, in the backfield and might even take some snaps on offense.And when the Wolverines need a boost on special teams, they will lean on Peppers to return punts and kickoffs.Peppers is game for all of it.Whatever we got to do to win, he said Sunday, a day before the teams first practice.If someone asks what position Peppers plays, what would he say?I just say, `Im an athlete, he said.Coach Jim Harbaugh said Peppers wont be the only three-way player on the team, expecting cornerback Jourdan Lewis to spend some time on offense along with his usual duties on special teams.I dont know why they havent been letting Jourdan play both plays, Peppers said. Jourdan is one of the craziest athletes Ive ever seen. ... I hope they give him a shot.With Peppers, the Wolverines will attempt to find the right balance between taking advantage of his versatile talent and not wearing him out.Somewhere in there, theres a sweet spot, Harbaugh said. In terms of load, 95, 100 (plays) is probably the max were looking for.On some snaps, Peppers will be on the field simply as a decoy to distract defenses.Thats the best part of everything, he said. Thats where I can work on my acting.Peppers said he was on the field for 96 plays last season at Minnesota. Against Ohio State, he had a career-high seven carries, caught two passes and threw one, along with making five tackles.He didnt play in Michigans win over Florida in the Citrus Bowl because of an injury to his right hand.How did he hurt his hand?Thats going to be forever undisclosed, Peppers said with a chuckle. Im good now, though.Peppers said he has added eight pouunds -- and the extra weight appears to be all muscle -- and is probably faster than he was last year.ddddddddddddWhats his fastest 40-yard dash?4.31, he said.Offensive coordinator Tim Drevno, who was a San Francisco 49ers assistant coach for Harbaugh, has been around a lot of great athletes and said Peppers ranks among the best of them.Hes one of the most explosive, dynamic players Ive ever been around, Drevno said. Hes in a league with the Frank Gores, Michael Crabtrees and Vernon Davises.Drevno wishes he could have Peppers on the field for every snap, but he knows his day job, so to speak, is on defense. On the roster, Peppers is listed as a linebacker and defensive back. Defensive coordinator Don Brown said it isnt fair to say his position is linebacker or a hybrid.Were going to give this guy a lot to do, Brown said.Based on Peppers upbringing in New Jersey, hes thankful to be where he is, playing football for a storied program and attending a famed university. Peppers father went to prison when Jabrill was 7 and didnt get out until his was 14, he wrote last year in The Players Tribune, and his older brother, Don, was shot and killed at the age of 14.People where Im from, they dont have this opportunity, he said, surrounded by a pack of reporters and cameras at Michigans media day. This alone, Ive made it from my circumstance. What I do here is show guys there are other ways to get where you want to be without following the usual statistical path that people where Im from follow.---Follow AP College Football coverage at http://collegefootball.ap.org/ and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25---Follow Larry Lage at http://www.twitter.com/larrylage and follow his work at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/larry-lage ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4198 topics and 4201 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen