two defenders before

in camera talk Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:02 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

BOSTON -- Good things happen for the Bruins in overtime. Even for Brad Marchand. Bostons leading goal-scorer during the regular season scored his first of the post-season with 4:20 left in the first overtime and the Bruins beat the New York Rangers 3-2 on Thursday night in the first playoff game in 40 years between the Original Six teams. "Its always frustrating" not to score, Marchand said, "but theres so many other areas of the game. Its always nice to get the first one and you hope you just keep going." The win was Bostons third straight in overtime, and New Yorks third straight loss in extra time. "I thought it was pretty even going into the overtime," Rangers coach John Tortorella said. "But we got spanked in the overtime." Both teams advanced with Game 7 victories Monday night. The Rangers beat the Washington Capitals 5-0 behind Henrik Lundqvists second consecutive shutout. The Bruins overcame a three-goal deficit with 11 minutes left in regulation and beat the Toronto Maple Leafs 5-4 on Patrice Bergerons goal in overtime. "I really thought our guys turned the page on that historical game," Bruins coach Claude Julien said. Marchand scored on a pass from Bergeron. Marchand had carried the puck up the right side, passed it to Bergeron and kept going toward the net. Bergeron passed across the slot and Marchand tipped it past Lundqvist from the left side of the crease. "I told Marchand when we were pretty close to each other on the wall to go back door," Bergeron said. "It was good to see him score because I thought he had some pretty good looks tonight." Boston outshot New York 16-5 in overtime. "I kind of knew he was coming in the middle, but I was just too locked in on the puck," Lundqvist said. "Sooner or later when you face a lot of chances like that, youre going to make a mistake." The Bruins carried the play throughout overtime. They applied constant pressure, but couldnt score during a power play when Derek Dorsett was penalized for interference at 2:20 of overtime. Boston nearly won in regulation, but Johnny Boychuks shot from the right point clanged off the left post with one-tenth of a second remaining. Then he hit the left post at the other end of the ice at 6:34 of overtime. Zdeno Chara gave Boston a 1-0 lead at 12:23 of the second before Ryan McDonagh tied it with 1.3 seconds left in the period. Derek Stepan put the Rangers ahead 2-1 just 14 seconds into the third period, and Torey Krug tied it on a power play with his first NHL goal in four career games. "For his first goal, he couldnt have asked for better timing," Julien said. Game 2 of the best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinals is set for Sunday night in Boston. On Thursday, the Bruins played without three injured veteran defencemen: Andrew Ference, Dennis Seidenberg and Wade Redden. Three rookies started on defence: Dougie Hamilton, Matt Bartkowski and Krug, who was called up from Providence of the AHL after Seidenberg was hurt early in the first period Monday night. The Bruins ended Lundqvists shutout streak at 152 minutes, 23 seconds when he gave up a Charas soft goal. Lundqvist appeared to have a good view of the 50-foot slap shot from just in front of the middle of the blue line and got a piece of the puck, but it trickled by him. That lead nearly held up through the second period. But when Boychuk passed it from in front of his net to Tyler Seguin in the right circle, Rick Nash hit Sequins stick and the puck went to McDonagh at the left point. McDonaghs rising slap shot soared over the right arm of goalie Tuukka Rask. Stepan then made it 2-1 on a 30-foot shot from the slot through Rasks legs, two goals in 15.3 seconds. Krug tied the game with teammate David Krejci in front of the net trying to screen Lundqvist. The shot from just inside the top of the left circle went under Lundqvists left arm. Then Marchand beat Lundqvist to win in the extra session. "It was a tough overtime period for us. They came hard," Lundqvist said. "My record is terrible in overtime, but Ive just got to stick with it, play my game and hopefully itll turn around." Notes: Stepans goal was the sixth against the Bruins in the first two minutes of a period in their eight playoff games. ... The teams last met in the playoffs in 1973 when the Rangers won the first-round series in five games. The previous year, they faced each other in the Stanley Cup finals, and the Bruins won in six. ... Both teams leading goal scorers in the regular season had no goals in eight playoff games heading in. New Yorks Nash stretched that unwanted string to nine, but Marchands goal won the game. . ... Bostons Jaromir Jagr, a former Ranger, is the only player on either team who had been born the last time the teams met in the playoffs on April 10, 1973. J. R. Richard Jersey Large . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. Ivan Rodriguez Jersey . Capitals head coach Adam Oates said Ovechkin was injured in the first period against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday and clarified it was not a head injury. http://www.customastrosjersey.com/custom-garrett-stubbs-jersey-large-1356y.html . Barcelona also left injured defenders Carles Puyol, Javier Mascherano and Jordi Alba out of its squad for the trip to Glasgow. That means that Marc Bartra will probably start again in the centre of the defence alongside Gerard Pique. Jose Urquidy Jersey . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Custom Carlos Lee Jersey . The 15th-ranked Canadian men lost the opening two games of their European tour: 19-15 to No. 17 Georgia and 21-20 to No. MANCHESTER, England -- Kelechi Iheanacho began his month-long stint as Sergio Agueros replacement by scoring Manchester Citys equalizer in a 1-1 draw against Celtic in a Champions League game carrying little significance on Tuesday.Iheanacho drove a rising shot into the roof of the net in the eighth minute to cancel out a fourth-minute goal by winger Patrick Roberts, who is four months into his second straight season-long loan at Celtic from City.The result mattered little since City was already sure of finishing in second place in Group C while Celtic had no chance of avoiding a last-place finish. The group ended with City on nine points -- six behind Barcelona -- and Celtic on three points from six games.The 20-year-old Iheanacho started in a young, makeshift City lineup and will likely stay up front for the English team this month. Aguero is suspended for the next four Premier League games following his red card against Chelsea on Saturday, his second sending-off of the season.The Nigeria striker proved a handy back-up for Aguero during the Argentines first ban this season, scoring three goals in three games, and came into this match with 12 goals in 17 starts for City.Make that 13 in 18 after he raced onto Nolitos ball behind the defense, took one touch and planted a shot high past Celtic goalkeeper Craig Gordon.I have the responsibility to be striker for the team now, Iheanacho said. I have to prove myself and get the goals for the team.ddddddddddddWith nothing on the line in terms of qualification, City included two 19-year-olds -- Pablo Maffeo and Tosin Adarabioyo -- in defense for their Champions League debuts alongside Bacary Sagna in the unusual position of center back.That defense endured a wobbly start and conceded a sloppy goal, even if it was well-taken by Roberts. Leroy Sane couldnt control City goalkeeper Willy Caballeros pass out from the back and Roberts picked the ball up on the right wing, jinked inside two defenders before placing a shot past Caballero into the corner.Iheanacho had a flicked shot saved, Nolito had a goal disallowed and Sane fired just wide from a free kick, but Celtic also troubled City at the other end in an open game at Etihad Stadium.Celtic had the better of the chances in the second half, and City was thankful for a save by Caballero from substitute Gary Mackay-Steven late on.City has qualified for the knockout stage for the fifth straight season and will discover its last-16 opponent on Monday. Asked how he felt after a group-stage campaign in which City won two of its six games, Guardiola said: Were in the (last 16) my friend. We will see in February how we are.Guardiola has never failed to reach the semifinals of the Champions League in past spells in charge of Barcelona and Bayern Munich. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen