of the U.S. Open before losing. In

in camera talk Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:51 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

SINGAPORE -- Karrie Webb and Angela Stanford were so close down the stretch Saturday at the HSBC Womens Champions, matching each other birdie for birdie, that Stanford only sees one way to get the advantage in Sundays final round. "Im going to send Webbie a six-pack (of beer) tonight," she said. Webb wasnt sure that would help. "Ill probably drink one and go to sleep," the Australian veteran said. The two players set up a Sunday showdown between former HSBC champions after finishing off their third rounds with identical birdies over three of the last five holes Saturday to separate themselves slightly from the rest of the crowded leaderboard. Webb, the 2011 winner, shot a 70 to move to 11-under 205, one stroke ahead of 2012 champion Stanford, who had a 69. They both have a chance to be the first repeat champion of the tournament, although on two different courses. Both players picked up their first HSBC crown at Singapores Tanah Merah Country Club and this years event is being played at the Sentosa Golf Club. Still, Stanford said, there are enough other quality players within striking range after a momentum-shifting day that anybody could claim the title. "Its really not worth looking at (the leaderboard)," she said. "You just know a lot of people are going to be at the top." Among those chasing Webb and Stanford are Spains Azahara Munoz, who fired an eagle and four birdies for a 5-under 67, the low round of the day; and Taiwans Teresa Lu, who gave up her LPGA membership in 2010 to concentrate on playing in Japan. Both are tied for third at 8-under 208. Americas Paula Creamer, who briefly held the lead with Webb and Munoz on Saturday, had six birdies to go with three bogeys to sit in fifth place at 7 under. Morgan Pressel of the United States was at 6 under, Norways Suzann Pettersen was another stroke back at 5 under, and Swedens Caroline Hedwall and South Koreas Na Yeon Choi were in joint eighth at 4 under. Webb, a seven-time major winner, led the first two rounds in Singapore, but started out slowly on Saturday. She played her front nine at even par and then bogeyed the 10th hole to go to 1 over, allowing the rest of the field to close the gap. "Even when I was not giving myself a lot of good birdie opportunities early on, I had to tell myself its Saturday, theres plenty of golf left to be played and just to be patient," she said. "And fortunately I listened to myself for a change." Webb turned it around on the 153-yard, par-3 14th hole, where she struck her tee shot to within a couple feet of the hole for an easy birdie putt. Next came a chip shot from the fairway on the 16th which rolled in for birdie to give her a two-stroke lead again. Stanford stayed with Webb, though, as the other challengers fell back. Not to be outdone on the 14th, the American placed her tee shot even closer than Webbs -- a mere inches -- leading to birdie. She matched Webbs birdie again on the 16th, and both players closed the round with birdies on the 18th. If either veteran slips in the final round, however, Munoz and Lu are right behind them. Both players are looking for their second LPGA titles. Munoz captured her only tournament at the 2012 Sybase Match Play Championship, while Lu won hers at last years Mizuno Classic. Defending champion Stacy Lewis disappointing week, meanwhile, looks likely to end her streak of 13 consecutive top-10 finishes on the LPGA Tour. Lewis shot a 73 on Saturday, leaving her far down the leaderboard in joint-42nd place. Lewis, the reigning Womens British Open champion, is only three away from matching Webbs LPGA record of 16 consecutive top-10 finishes, set in 1998-99. Josh Allen Bills Jersey . Jones, from Winnipeg, built a 3-0 advantage after three ends by scoring two in the second and one in the third. Chinas skip Bingyu Wang cut that lead to 3-1 in the fourth before Canada added another three in the fifth for a 6-1 lead. Matt Milano Womens Jersey . -- Top-seed Shahar Peer and Canadian Eugenie Bouchard advanced to the second round of the inaugural WTA Citi Open. http://www.authenticbillsfanaticfootball...s-bills-jersey/. Webb birdied the 18th hole to take the outright lead, then watched as Choi, who shot a course-record 62 on Saturday to take a share of the third-round lead, pushed a 10-foot putt wide of the hole at 18 to miss the chance for a playoff. TreDavious White Womens Jersey . - Anthony Beauvillier had the winning goal in the third period as the Shawinigan Cataractes edged the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies 2-1 on Wednesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League play. Thurman Thomas Womens Jersey .com) - Baltimore Ravens running back Justin Forsett is active for Sundays matchup with the Miami Dolphins.TORONTO - Daniel Nestor will go back to the future in 2014. The doubles king from Toronto will team with former partner Nenad Zimonjic next season in hopes of erasing memories of a poor 2013 campaign. "Im playing next season with Zimonjic," Nestor told The Canadian Press at his last tournament stop in Vienna. "Well see how it goes. "Of course theres nothing permanent in doubles these days," he joked. "But we feel it would be a great injustice if we never played again considering how well we played over three years together. "We both want to see if we still have an magic." Nestor, the only man with more than 900 career doubles wins, achieved some of his best career results with the big-hitting Serb at his side. The pairing accounted for three of the eight Grand Slam titles held by the record-setting Nestor. He and Zimonjic claimed back-to-back Wimbledon crowns during a golden run on the grass in 2008-09, with the pair also combining for the French Open trophy in 2010. Nestor and Zimonjic parted company at the end of 2012, capping their time together with a title at the year-end World Tour Finals in London. Nestor then teamed Max Mirnyi of Belarus, winning eight titles together — including two French Opens — over two seasons. Nestor has had a variety of partners this season and has won only a single title, teaming with Leander Paes at Winston-Salem the weekk before the U.dddddddddddd.S. Open. As a result, there will be no appearance at the year-end final for Nestor this year. The veterans season will end after next weeks Paris Masters. Nestor is teaming this week in Basel with Davis Cup teammate Vasek Pospisil of Vernon, B.C., after losing last weeks Vienna final with Austrian partner Julian Knowle. "The season has certainly been frustrating for sure," Nestor said. "But there have been good times also. Weve played good Davis Cup matches and the past two months have not been so bad for me, just some poor luck. Nestor and Pospisil were up a set and a break against the Bryan brothers in the third round of the U.S. Open before losing. In Shanghai, Nestor and Paes had two match points against former partner Robert Lindstedt and Pospisil but couldnt capitalize. "If you can win these kind of matches you get on a roll. Its very frustrating to lose them but its nothing tragic, "Nestor said. "I had years when my teams were winning them." The Canadian is hoping to make the next two weeks count for him on court. "My ranking (18th in doubles) is where it is because of my play," he said. "There have been times Ive played well and times when Ive not been good enough. "Ill be finished (with this season) soon, theres no London for me. I just want to play well and then enjoy life (until next season)." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen