it will bring some recognition in womens

in camera talk Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:01 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

Kansas City, KS (SportsNetwork. Leonardo Spinazzola Juventus Jersey .com) - Time is running out for Regan Smith to catch his JR Motorsports teammate Chase Elliott in the Nationwide Series championship point standings. With just five races remaining, Elliott, a rookie in the series this season, holds a 26-point lead over Smith. Nationwide is running at Kansas on Saturday and then Charlotte next week. The series will take a two-week break before the season concludes with Texas (Nov. 1), Phoenix (Nov. 8) and Homestead (Nov. 15). Four of the final five races will be contested on 1.5-mile racetracks, including Kansas. On Friday, Smith confirmed that he has signed a one-year contract extension with JR Motorsports, a Nationwide team co-owned by Sprint Cup Series driver Dale Earnhardt Jr., his sister, Kelley Earnhardt Miller, and NASCAR team owner Rick Hendrick. Earnhardt had announced Smiths new agreement earlier this week on Twitter. @ReganSmith and @JRMotorsports just finished the paperwork that keeps him in the 7 car for 2015. Couldnt be more pleased about this, Earnhardt tweeted on Wednesday. Smith, the driver of the No. 7 Chevrolet, made his Nationwide debut with JRM in the 2012 season-finale at Homestead, a race in which he scored his first career victory in the series. Last year, Smith finished third in Nationwide points. He has scored one win and a series-best 24 top-10 finishes this season. Excited to be back, Smith said of his contract renewal with JRM. Ive been fortunate to have a great place to call home and a great place to race at with good people, good sponsors and fast race cars. As a driver, thats something you always look for and its important. You want to have an opportunity to go out there and showcase what you can do every week, and Im fortunate enough to have that. As bosses, Dale, Kelley and Mr. H. (Hendrick) have been absolutely amazing to me. Ive learned a lot over the past two years. And Im sure I will learn a lot more next year. One year ago at Kansas, Smith led a race-high 81 laps but ended up finishing third after he was on pit road just before a caution came out and had to rally late in the race. The season is really starting to wind down, and now is the time we have to be making gains in the points, he said. At this point, we have to be finishing better than our competition. There isnt any room left for mistakes or poor finishes. Elliott will compete in a NASCAR national touring series race at Kansas for the first time. Two of his three wins in Nationwide this season have occurred on a 1.5-mile track (Texas and Chicagoland). Forty-three teams are on the entry list for the Kansas Lottery 300. Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, Matt Kenseth, Matt Kenseth and Paul Menard are those Sprint Cup regulars scheduled to compete in this race. Kenseth is the race defending winner. Series: NASCAR Nationwide. Date: Saturday, Oct. 4. Race: Kansas Lottery 300. Site: Kansas Speedway. Track: 1.5-mile oval. Start time: 3:30 p.m. ET. Laps: 200. Miles: 300. 2013 Winner: Matt Kenseth. Television: ESPN2. Radio: Motor Racing Network (MRN)/SIRIUS NASCAR Radio. Douglas Costa Jersey . TSN Hockey Insiders Pierre LeBrun and Bob McKenzie both reported Thursday that there have been ongoing trade discussions between the Oilers and Los Angeles Kings over forward Sam Gagner. Gianluigi Buffon Jersey .The South African had three birdies on the front nine and another four after the turn at Leopard Creek Country Club to move to 16-under 128 overall.Grace, who won all four of his European Tour titles in 2012, dropped his only shot of the competition on the par-3 fifth. http://www.juventusfcpro.com/Kids-Leonardo-Bonucci-Jersey/ . LOUIS -- The St.Earlier this week, Natalie Achonwa of the University of Notre Dame was named one of the top fifty players in America. In an early season watch list for The Naismith Trophy, which recognizes the womens college player of the year, the Guelph, Ontario native was one of two Canadians acknowledged. She made the accomplishment while rehabbing from a meniscus tear in her right knee, which forced her to miss the first three games of the season. If the injury sounds familiar, its the same one that has sidelined Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose for the rest of the NBA season. However, Achonwa, a 63 forward, underwent a different surgical procedure which allowed her to get back on the court in four weeks to compete in her final year. In Achonwas first three seasons at Notre Dame, they have made it to the Final Four each time and lost in the championship game twice. "I always say its like we went to the ball three years in a row, and we never got the crown," she states. "We were always the bridesmaid and never got to wear the dress. I know the three seniors and captains between us - we want to leave Notre Dame a legacy. The class before us with Skylar Diggins and Kaila Turner, they really started something and we battled with them for three years to three Final Fours, and this year we want that ring. After all weve been through, thats whats pushing us to leave Notre Dame on a high note." This seasons Fighting Irish squad is already off to a strong start, undefeated at 5-0 and ranked No. 5 in the country. In a rare NCAA game on Sunday December 1, they will host Duquesne at Mattamy Athletic Centre in Toronto, Ontario. "One of the reasons I came to Notre Dame is you have opportunities like this," she says. "We went to Europe this year, weve done so much and now coach is letting me have a senior game back at home. Im just really blessed for the opportunity to be able play in front of my family and friends." Achonwa isnt a stranger to playing in Canada or for her country. As a memberr of the Senior Womens National Team, she helped the squad to a silver medal at the FIBA Americas tournament this summer and a berth to the World Championships in 2014. Emre Can Jersey. Yet for all their success, the hype surrounding Canada Basketball still resides with the mens team. A program ranked 26th in the world and has fallen short of expectations in recent years, while the women seemingly get no respect. "I dont know if its about respect," Achowna says. "But more recognition that we are good and that we do compete for medals. Its just the popularity of womens basketball as a whole, its sad. Just because we cant dunk or throw alley-oops, people dont see it as entertaining. I think thats changing even with the Olympics two years ago and that brought some awareness back to the program. Just the rise and talent and how well weve been competing the last couple of years, and continuing on in the future. Im hoping it will bring some recognition in womens basketball." Her inclusion on the Naismith watch list already indicates that Achonwa is primed to be the recipient for more recognition, which will be key as she prepares for life after South Bend, Indiana. "I definitively want to continue to play outside of Canada Basketball, I want to play professionally as well," she says. "If I get drafted this year that would be great, but we have a very competitive class and theres a lot of great players." What may come off as false modesty is the reality that its not easy to make a WNBA roster, particularly with only 12 teams in the league. "Theres a great difference between the WNBA and NBA. If youre not a top five pick, youre trying out for a team, youre not on the team. If I make a team, I would love to be in the WNBA, but I would play overseas." However, right now shes more concerned with how shes going to finish this week, playing basketball at home with her friends and family watching, and taking one more step towards winning a national championship. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 14 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen