on Jabil Trawicks basket. But

in places to be! Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:40 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

MONTREAL - Ryan Callahan thought he had given the Lightning a lifeline. With the game tied 1-1 late in the second period, Callahan appeared to score the go-ahead goal for Tampa Bay, which had dropped the first two games of their playoff series at home against Montreal. Instead, the goal was waved off for goaltender interference. The Canadiens went on to score before the end of the period, and ultimately beat Tampa Bay 3-2 on Sunday at the Bell Centre to take a 3-0 series lead over the Bolts. After Callahans goal was disallowed at 16:09 of the second, the referees and linesmen conferred, but did not overturn the decision on the ice. Lightning coach Jon Cooper was furious on the bench. "I was (angry) then, and Im (angry) now," said Cooper. "Its tough to walk in that locker-room and look those guys in the eye when clearly that was our best game of the series. They deserved a better fate tonight." The play started when forward Alex Killorn drove hard to the net, stumbling over Carey Price as he tried to beat the Canadiens goaltender with a shot between the legs. Price made the save before Killorn tripped over his pads and landed in the back of the net. P.K. Subban, who was in the crease batting the puck out of mid-air, prevented Killorn from leaving the goal area. As the Lightning forward finally walked out of the net, he nudged Price, forcing him out of position. Seconds later, Callahan jammed the puck past Price, but his celebration was cut short by referee Francis Charrons whistle. The goal would have given Tampa its first lead since the second period of Game 1. "I was just trying to get out of the way," said Killorn. "It felt like a good scramble there for a little bit. It seemed like it was a little while after we made contact. "The play was going along, and then the puck went in. It felt like there was a little time there." Killorn thought that Price jumped onto him as he was trying to leave the crease, and not the other way around. "Its discouraging, but you have to have a short memory in those periods. Its playoff hockey," said Killorn. "We understand theres a lot of pressure on these referees. Whether the call is right or wrong, we need to move on from that. "He (Charron) told me he thought it was the right call. Thats fine by me." Price didnt exactly see it the same way. "It was kind of a mad scramble," the Canadiens goaltender said. "Their guy was in the crease and I tripped over him. Thats why I was out of the play." Two minutes after the Callahan goal was disallowed, Brendan Gallagher gave the Canadiens the lead when his shot rang off the crossbar and beat Bolts netminder Anders Lindback for his second goal of the playoffs. "Theres a high when the puck goes in like that," said Tampas captain Steven Stamkos of the disallowed goal. "When it gets called off, you lose focus for a little bit. Thats tough. Especially in the playoffs, in a tight game like that. "We thought it was a good goal." Stamkos briefly left the game after defenceman Alexei Emelin inadvertently kneed him in the head after he was knocked down to the ice late in the second frame. The Lightning medial staff cleared him to play in the third. After Tomas Plekanec made it 3-1 for Montreal mid-way through the final period, Stamkos assisted on Matthew Carles goal from the point to reduce the deficit. But the comeback ended there. "We deserved better tonight," said Stamkos. "Well have to use that as motivation for next game." Down 3-0 in the series, Tampa Bay is in real danger of a sweep. The next game goes Tuesday in Montreal. Despite disagreeing with the call on the ice, Cooper thought his team reacted well after the disallowed goal. "Its still a tie game," he said. "You have to turn the page. Stuff like that happens. There was plenty of time to come back in the game. "Lets call a spade a spade: we only scored three goals … I mean, two," added Cooper, facetiously. "And they got three. We just fell short." Notes: Lightning rookie Ondrej Palat scored his first of the playoffs on Sunday after missing Game 2 of the series with an upper-body injury. Palat, who led the Lightning in the regular season with 59 points, possibly re-aggravated the injury after colliding with P.K. Subban in the third period of Game 1. … Travis Moen is day-to-day (concussion). … The Canadiens are hoping to win a playoff series for the first time since 2010, when the Philadelphia Flyers eliminated them in the Eastern Conference finals. Marshall Faulk Youth Jersey . The moves were the first punitive steps taken by the Dolphins since a report on the NFLs investigation of the case was released last week. Investigators found that guard Richie Incognito and two teammates engaged in persistent harassment directed at tackle Jonathan Martin, another offensive lineman and an assistant trainer. Reggie Wayne Colts Jersey .Y. - Geno Smith still thinks of himself as the New York Jets starting quarterback. http://www.coltsofficialstore.us/authent...g-colts-jersey/. No pretty goals on this night, just get to the front of the net and fight for a chance. Rock Ya-Sin Jersey . Anderson is scheduled to have neck surgery April 8 to repair the injury, which occurred when he collided with the Celtics Gerald Wallace during a game in Boston on Jan. 3. The 6-foot-10 Pelicans forward, who had been averaging 19. Marvin Harrison Jersey . - In about six minutes, the Memphis Grizzlies had allowed their 23-point lead to be cut to seven.LAWRENCE, Kan. -- On an afternoon in which three Georgetown players fouled out and his team sent No. 18 Kansas to the free throw line 46 times, Hoyas coach John Thompson III reached an obvious conclusion. His team just wasnt physical enough. "I thought we were the farthest thing from it to be honest with you," Thompson said without a trace of sarcasm. "We slapped and fouled, but we werent physical." The Jayhawks took advantage of the Hoyas foul trouble, overwhelming them in the second half with a variety of highlight-reel slams in an 86-64 victory Saturday. "If you look at the game, we didnt make enough of the physical plays," Thompson said. "When I say that I mean a good box out. When I say that I mean if its a loose ball we have to be the one to aggressively go after it and come up with the 50-50 balls." Tarik Black came off the bench to score 17 points and Joel Embiid also had 17 for the Jayhawks (8-3), while Markel Starks paced Georgetown with 19 and DVauntes Smith-Rivera added 12. The Hoyas (7-3) tried to use the kind of muscle that has suited them so well in the rough-and-tumble Big East, but all they did was get into debilitating foul trouble. Bruising big man Josh Smith, who had been averaging 14.1 points, scored just five before fouling out. Moses Ayegba and Nate Lubick also fouled out as Kansas asserted its dominance in the post. "They did a good job of getting us in foul trouble and we got deep into the bench," said Thompson, whose team was playing its first true road game. "Do we have a lack of depth? I dont know. I dont think necessarily the guys that were in foul trouble played particularly well." Andrew Wiggins added 12 points and Naadir Tharpe had 10 for the Jayhawks, who proved once more why the Phog is such an intimidating venue. Kansas pushed its non-conference home winning streak to 67 games by beating the Hoyas in their first visit to Allen Fieldhouse. "This venue is storied," Thompson said. "With that being said it wasnt the venue or the fans, it was the guys down on the other bench that I thought played at a high level today." The game was so rough that Jayhawkss forward Perry Ellis left early in the second half after taking an elbow to the back of his head.dddddddddddd Ellis tried to stay in the game but missed a free throw so badly that he took himself out. He never returned from the locker room. "If he had a concussion, its very, very slight," Kansas coach Bill Self said. "He did bruise the nerve in his neck. ... Its something hell be able to come back from in a short time." Just as every other team has done this season, Georgetown tried to combat the Jayhawks length and athleticism by employing a zone defence in the first half. The only problem was the Hoyas were so mired in foul trouble that they didnt have anybody to occupy the inside. "We didnt do what we needed to do to win the game," Lubick said. "We didnt make the type of plays with our frontcourt that you need to make to come and win a game here." Kansas built its 44-34 lead thanks in part to a 14-3 run fueled by its defence. Georgetown at one point went more than 10 1/2 minutes without a field goal. Ayegba and Lubick had three fouls each by halftime, and three other Hoyas who spent time guarding the paint had picked up two fouls. That included Smith, who picked up his third in the opening minute of the second half and had to spend long stretches on the bench. Georgetown tried to get back into the game midway through the second half, trimming its deficit to 59-47 on Jabil Trawicks basket. But frustration boiled over for the Hoyas when Trawick clobbered Wiggins on the way to the basket, and the teams nearly came to blows. Wiggins responded by knocking down a 3-pointer in Trawicks face, and in a matter of minutes, the Jayhawks had built a comfortable lead. Embiid put an exclamation mark on it when he followed up a miss by Wiggins with a thunderous jam that left the entire goal shaking. It set off a festive celebration of the Jayhawks first game at the Phog in 29 days. "The last couple practices before this game, I told the guys it would be a fun game to come back home," Tharp said. "I knew it was going to be exciting. I knew it was going to be turned up in there. It was just a good game." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen