weather turned pretty bad

in places to be! Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:40 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

Monday was almost a complete washout at the Masters and I hate to think what it will cost the fine folks at August National to reimburse all the patrons who only managed two hours of viewing time before the heavens opened and the course was cleared. If youre keeping track, the last time a practice day was lost to the weatherman was back in 2003, and we all know how that turned out. Mondays rain fell for a long time and it was punctuated with some great lightning and thunder exhibitions. Our TSN crew wasnt even allowed on the grounds to tape our segments, forced to wait it out for six hours in the international broadcast centre, tucked away behind the Par 3 course. Meanwhile, Canadas two participants this week were passing the time in different ways. Graham DeLaet, making his maiden voyage in this major, was enjoying a cribbage tournament at one of the homes hes rented here. Rowdy friends from Saskatchewan in one house (might we see the first Melonhead at Augusta?), he and his family in the other. Mike Weir, making his 15th start at Alister MacKenzies masterpiece, managed to play nine holes before the storms and pronounced himself in good form. "Ive been playing pretty well," he said, after touring the back nine alongside Jason Day and reigning British Amateur champion Garrick Porteous. "I just havent been scoring well. The last month, Ive felt very good about my game – I just havent gotten the ball in the hole." Of course, Weir plays with a little more spring in his step around this course, drawing on the memories of his 2003 win. "Its special any time you come here," said Weir, who has missed the cut in his last three starts at the Masters. "You just kind of soak in the good feelings of the essence of the game." Tuesday morning, the Canadians will head out together, like Master Po and Grasshopper, Weir hoping to lend his local knowledge to the first-timer DeLaet. "He has all the power in the world and his short game has really rounded into form the last couple of years," said Weir, analyzing DeLaets game. "I think this course really sets up well for him. Hes such a great driver of the ball and its an underrated fact that people dont talk about too much, driving the ball around Augusta National and I think its a real key if you can get that ball in the short grass. With his power, I think he can really do well here." Weir acknowledged that while he and DeLaet have chatted casually a few times already, its been mostly about off-course stuff – how the tournament is run, what to expect at the gates and that sort of thing. During their round, hell offer details about slopes on greens, where to miss and maybe even point out the former location of the Eisenhower Tree, which met its end in a wood chipper in February. Weir has never had the opportunity to mentor a young Canadian at the Masters, which may say a great deal about the status of golf north of the 49th over the past decade or so. Hes been the lone guy with the Maple Leaf on his bag since 2010 when Stephen Ames no longer qualified. But Tuesday, under what appears to be sunny skies with warming temps, hell get that chance. Hes only too happy to help, although hell still be hoping to grab some of that magic from this place for his own. Ronnie Lott Jersey . Coverage on TSN is underway now while action resumes on TSN2 at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. TSN GO also offers TSN subscribers bonus online coverage, with live streams of all four venues. Tom Rathman Jersey . It was my fifth straight year attending and, as always, there are many interesting matters discussed as it pertains to the use of statistics in sports. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Mi...hey-Jersey/.The seventh-seeded Raonic was scheduled to play U.S. Open finalist Kei Nishikori of Japan, but was replaced in the Group B pool by Spanish substitute David Ferrer.Raonic, who was 0-2 at the year-end event, said he suffered the injury late in the first set of Tuesdays 6-3, 7-6 loss to Murray. Kwon Alexander Jersey .S. international midfielder Michael Bradley is complete. Y.A. Tittle 49ers Jersey . Balotelli was out at dinner with his brother Enoch and came home to discover he had been burgled. The car was later found abandoned. Balotelli wrote Saturday on Twitter: "I feel empty! No emotions .Two-time major winner Jordan Spieth says he will try his best to salvage something out of the final two days of The Open at Royal Troon. The 22-year-old, the 2015 Masters and US Open champion, made the cut right on the mark of four over. The Open Leaderboard Follow the latest scores at Royal Troon Texan Spieth battled through miserable conditions in the afternoon, with rain combining with howling winds coming in off the Firth of Clyde, to shoot a 75 that featured two birdies, four bogeys and a double-bogey. After opening with a level-par 71, he now sits at four over par, still 14 shots off the lead set by American compatriot Phil Mickelson.And Spieth accepts he cannot hope to make any kind of impact from so far back, especially the way he is hitting the ball, and has one eye already on the PGA Championship later this month. Mickelsons lead cut Phil Mickelson leads The Open by one from Henrik Stenson at Troon We might have caught the rough end of the draw, that happens, said Spieth. But at four over par my game is not major championship-winning calibre in those first two rounds.It just made it pretty interesting and actually somewhat nervous on the last five-six holes because Id really like to play the weekend. Get a Sky Sports Pass Dont miss The Open. Watch live on NOW TV today for £10.99. No contract. In all honesty that does good stuff for me as if Im not going to have the nerves of competing on Sunday I may as well have some kind of nerves, which was grinding to make the cut.Its worth setting a goal for the weekend, shoot maybe eight under over the next two days and see where that falls. Ill have to look at the conditions to make a somewhat, lofty, realistic goal but its certainly worth shooting after and trying to gain some momentum.Im looking to put in some nice, smooth, solid swings and very confident putts to lead into the PGA Championship because I know my chances here are likely finished. Spieth struggled with a bunker at the Postage Stamp hole at The Open The American was determined to salvage something from the day despite the weather making him feel like he wanted to give up.ddddddddddddYou wish your score didnt matter when you play in this, he said. Spieth is already looking ahead to the PGA Championship You wish this was just a round with your buddies where you go into the clubhouse and have one or seven pints afterwards.What we had on the 16th tee when I looked up and you see the sheets of water moving sideways, legitimately sheets of water moving sideways. Open on Sky Ways to watch The Open I cant remember anything that significant. I cant remember seeing the wind move a ball that much.World No 1 Jason Day must rediscover his swing in a hurry or face more Open woe on Saturday after a promising second round left him one-over for the tournament. Jason Day found the elements at Royal Troon tough to deal with The Australian looked to be in trouble at two over par after day one, but regained his composure and looked to be on a charge at one point with four birdies in five holes, but had to settle for a one-under round in the end.It was definitely hard with the wind conditions, Day told Sky Sports. It started to get really warm there for a second and we were walking around pretty good. Everyone took their weather gear off but once we got to 12 the weather turned pretty bad. Jason Day says he needs a positive attitude heading into the weekend Im just happy to get in the house at 70, get myself an opportunity to play the weekend and see if I can get myself back into contention, it would be nice.The back nine was very difficult. Obviously Rory [McIlroy] is playing behind me and pretty much everyone is struggling. Its just an unfortunate area to have those conditions coming. Also See: Leaderboard Day two recap Ways to Watch Get Sky Sports ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen