the defender beat him on his third try

in places to be! Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:41 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

BELMONT, Mich. -- Inbee Park figures the best defence against the nerves that come with being in the lead is a hot putter. Using a new blade putter this week, Park made two long birdie putts on the back nine Saturday and finished with a 3-under 68 to remain a stroke ahead after the third round of the Meijer LPGA Classic. "I feel like I havent holed that kind of putt for a long time and its all of a sudden happening this week," Park said. "This putter, it seems like its going really on line and I feel like Im stroking the ball better this week." The third-ranked South Korean player holed a 25-footer from the fringe on the par-3 14th, bogeyed the par-4 15th after missing a 3-foot par try and rebounded with a 35-foot birdie putt on the par-4 16th. The 26-year-old Park won six times last season and took the Manulife Financial in June in Canada for her 10th LPGA Tour title. She had a 13-under 200 total at Blythefield Country Club. "I think it would have been nice if I had probably two- or three-(shot lead)," Park said. "That gives me more breathing room, but one is still better than nothing. Im in better position than everybody else." South Korean rookie Mirim Lee was second after a 67. Norways Suzann Pettersen was another stroke back after a 69. Cristie Kerr matched the low round of the tournament with a 64 to jump 44 spots to a tie for 12th at 5 under. She hit 10 of 13 fairways and had only 26 putts. Park, using a blade putter instead of a mallet for the first time since 2008, birdied the first hole and stayed in front until Pettersen birdied Nos. 7 and 8 to tie for the lead. The tie lasted one hole before Park rolled in a 12-foot birdie putt at the ninth. Pettersen birdied the par-4 13th with a 20-footer to tie again, only to have Park roll in the 25-footer from the fringe at 14. Pettersen then matched Parks bogey at 15, also missing a 3-foot par try. Thats when Lee slipped in between the two with birdies at Nos. 15 and 16. Pettersen, who for much of last year was No. 2 in the rankings to Parks No. 1, said she struggled with her game, gusty wind and greens that are firming up. "Overall it was one of those days where you just fight to stay in it," said Pettersen, ranked fourth in the world. "I didnt have the greatest of feels throughout the round. There were a lot of challenges out there, and there will be as many tomorrow and hopefully I can do just a little better." Park, who shot 66 in each of the first two rounds, said it was easily the toughest day of the three. "The wind was quite tricky to me," she said. "I played pretty consistent again, but the golf course was tougher, the conditions harder. I have to stay consistent and keep rolling in some putts." Park knows very little about Lee. "I know shes from Korea and she played on the KLPGA Tour, and I know shes hitting it quite long from seeing it from behind today," Park said. "Except for that, I really dont have much information. Obviously she played quite solid for three days." Cristiano Ronaldo Juventus Jersey .com) - The Vancouver Canucks will try to win two straight games for the first time since mid-January on Monday night as they play host to the struggling New York Islanders. Juan Cuadrado Juventus Jersey . But that changed when he committed a five-minute major penalty and helped pave the way for a comeback by the Philadelphia Flyers. Vincent Lecavalier scored at 2:45 of overtime and the Flyers rallied from a two-goal deficit for a 5-4 victory on Sunday. http://www.juventusfcpro.com/Kids-Carlo-Pinsoglio-Jersey/. The Tinkoff-Saxo rider was still dealing with the right shin he broke in a crash which ended his Tour de France on Stage 10. He hoped to defy his doctors and race in the home Grand Tour he won in 2008 and 2012, but he says there have been complications in his recovery. Giorgio Chiellini Jersey . The club announced on Wednesday that Malhotra signed a 25-game professional tryout contract. The 33-year-old suffered a serious eye injury when struck by a puck during a game versus Colorado in March of 2011. Emre Can Jersey . Granada goalkeeper Roberto Fernandez saved Morenos first two headers from corner kicks taken by Sergio Garcia, but the defender beat him on his third try after Garcia found Moreno unmarked at the near post in the 78th minute.CHICAGO - Injured Chicago Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw will miss his fifth straight game against the Minnesota Wild in the Western Conference semifinal. Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says Shaws lower-body injury is progressing, but he wont make the trip for Tuesday nights Game 6 in Minnesota. Chicago can eliminate Minnesota and advance to the Western Conference final.dddddddddddd. Quenneville hopes Shaw will skate in the next day or so. Shaw sustained the injury during Game 1 of the series in Chicago. Shaw had a career-high 20 goals and 19 assists during the regular season and scored twice in seven post-season games. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen