Breeders Cup Juvenile

in camera talk Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:18 am
by wangz10 • 30 Posts

Louisville, KY (SportsNetwork.com) - Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies winner Take Charge Brandi completed her 2014 campaign with a solid victory in the Starlet Stakes at Los Alamitos on Dec. 13, now the filly is headed for Churchill Downs. Trainer D. Wayne Lukas, who trains the 2-year-old for Willis Horton, has Take Charge Brandi pointed toward the Kentucky Oaks at Churchill on Friday, May 1. Right now, shes Oaks bound, Lukas said Tuesday morning at Oaklawn Park. Before starting in the 1 1/8-mile companion race to the Kentucky Derby, Take Charge Brandi will start twice at Oaklawn Park in the $150,000 Honeybee Stakes on March 7 and the $400,000 Fantasy Stakes on April 4. The Honeybee/Fantasy would be the obvious choice, Lukas said. January and February will go fast. Our obvious goal is the Oaks. In recent years it has become common for the better 3-year-old fillies to, at least once, take on their male counterparts. Lukas has also considered that for Take Charge Brandi. Damn near did it the other day, Lukas said of Take Charge Brandi starting in the Los Alamitos Futurity. Im glad I didnt because that race came up really tough. But I thought about it. She was squealing and playing and jumping in the stall. I said, It wont be the first time Ive done that. Take Charge Brandi broke her maiden in her debut at Churchill Downs in June. She was second at Saratoga in the Schuylerville and fifth in the Adirondack Stakes. The filly followed with a fifth in the Pocahontas at Churchill and was eighth in Keenelands Alcibiades. The filly won the Juvenile Fillies at Santa Anita as a 61-1 longshot, but followed by winning the Delta Downs Princess Stakes on Nov. 22 and the Starlet three weeks later. The filly has won four of eight starts for $1,620,126. Filip Chytil Jersey . Sterling was banned for life and fined US$2.5 million by the NBA on Tuesday for racist comments the league says he made in a recorded conversation. Nash, who plays for the rival L.A. Lakers, spoke as a representative of current NBA players at a press conference assembled by Sacramento mayor and National Basketball Players Association adviser Kevin Johnson. Vladislav Namestnikov Rangers Jersey .Commissioner Adam Silver said Wednesday it is inevitable that the league will one day take after European sports and have sponsor names on team jerseys. http://www.rangershockeyonlineshop.com/j...-hockey-jersey/. James Erskine said Tuesday that Thorpe was "quite sick" in a Sydney hospital but dismissed media reports the swimmer might lose the use of his left arm. "Hes not in the intensive care," Erskine said. Ron Duguay Jersey . Neither made it that far in 2013. Not even close. Federer lost his second match at the All England Club. Nadal exited in the first round, a year after bowing out in the second. Pavel Buchnevich Jersey . Coaches are now allowed to challenge both called and potential defensive pass interference fouls under certain conditions.MIAMI -- Brad Hand earned his first victory as a starter since 2011 when he outpitched Tim Lincecum by a margin of one curveball. Lincecum bounced a curve for a wild pitch that scored a runner from third in the seventh inning, putting the Miami Marlins ahead to stay Sunday as they snapped a six-game losing streak by beating the San Francisco Giants 3-2. "Its a very tough way to lose a ballgame," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "Timmy threw great." NL hits leader Casey McGehee homered for the second time this season to help Miami avert a three-game series sweep. Hand (1-2) gave the Marlins shaky rotation a welcome boost by pitching seven innings to match a career high, and he allowed two runs. The left-hander had been 1-12 previously as a starter. "He got a little squirrelly a couple of times but was able to get it back," manager Mike Redmond said. "Thats what were looking for. Its all about consistency. We want this guy to be in our rotation. We feel he has the stuff. It comes down to him going out and doing it." Hand allowed six hits and one walk. He has a 3.22 ERA in four starts since rejoining the rotation. "I was just trying to go out there and get deep into the game," he said. "Ill try to build on this one and go out there in five days and do it again." Steve Cishek pitched a perfect ninth for his 21st save in 24 chances. Lincecum (9-6) allowed three runs in seven innings, ending his streak of wins in four consecutive starts. With the score 2-all, Adeiny Hechavarria doubled to start Miamis seventh, took third on a sacrifice and came home when Lincecum misfired a curve to Reid Johnson, and the ball caromed away from catcher Hector Sanchez. "I was just trying to get him to chase and be aggressive in that situation," Lincecum said. "I didnt do that, and the ball squirted away." McGehee came in with 118 hits and 54 RBIs, but the two-run homer in the first inning was his first since May 10. &quuot;Its a little weird," the Marlins cleanup hitter said.dddddddddddd "I would have thought maybe I would have run into a couple more. But it doesnt bother me too much, and until the guys give me a hard time about it, I dont really think about it." McGehee had two hits to hike his average to .322. He also made a barehanded grab and throw at third base to rob Buster Posey of a hit in the eighth. The Giants offence, which has sputtered for much of July, suffered a relapse after three consecutive robust games. Their final 12 batters went down in order. Posey drove in their runs with a double in the third. Miami won with only six hits and despite a succession of basepath blunders. The Marlins had three runners tagged out between second and third in the first three innings. "What irritates me at times is it takes away from a nice win," Redmond said. "Were making mistakes we shouldnt make and just cant happen." NOTES: Giants 1B Brandon Belt will go on either the seven-day or 15-day DL because of a concussion, Bochy said. Belt was struck by a ball in the face during batting practice Saturday. ... Marlins RHP Henderson Alvarez may be able to make his next turn as scheduled, depending on how he feels in the next couple of days, the Marlins said. He left Saturdays game with a bruised left shin after being hit by a comebacker. ... Before the game, the Marlins optioned INF Ed Lucas to Triple-A New Orleans and recalled RHP Anthony DeSclafani from New Orleans. ... Giants 2B Marco Scutaro (stiff neck) was back in the starting after missing three games and singled in the third for his first hit this season. ... RHP Ryan Vogelsong (5-7, 3.86) is scheduled to pitch for the Giants when they open a four-game series Monday at Philadelphia against LHP Cliff Lee (4-4, 3.18). ... RHP Tom Koehler (6-7, 3.99) is scheduled to start for the Marlins when they open a four-game series Monday at Atlanta against RHP Julio Teheran (9-6, 2.71). ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen