, because the referee could be biased towards Montreal.

in camera talk Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:21 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

ASHBURN, Va. Custom Toronto Raptors Jerseys . -- The linebacker with 100 per cent attendance says theres a 99 per cent chance hes done. Washington Redskins captain London Fletcher, who has never missed a game in 16 NFL seasons, announced Wednesday that he plans to retire at the end of the year, the conclusion of a remarkable career for the undersized, undrafted player from a Division III school. "I felt like I accomplished everything I can accomplish in the National Football League from a players standpoint," Fletcher said. "Obviously everybody wants to go out like Ray Lewis with the Super Bowl parade ... but it wasnt in the cards for me." Fletcher left a tiny opening that he could return, but age has finally started to catch up with the player who always seemed ageless. Hes 38, and his tackles and playing time have declined this season. Hes set to be a free agent, and hes the leader of a struggling defence that is one of many reasons the Redskins (3-11) have clinched their fifth last-place finish in six years. "Im about 99 per cent certain that this will be my last season," Fletcher said. "Ive got to leave at least one per cent in case I change my mind, but its really just about having another conversation with my wife. ... I want to put on a nice suit when I go to that 100 per cent." Fletcher, listed at 5-foot-10, has answered the call for all 254 regular season games since joining the St. Louis Rams out of John Carroll in 1998, the longest consecutive games streak for a defensive player since the 1970 merger and fourth all-time behind Jeff Feagles (352), Brett Favre (299) and Jim Marshall (282). Hes started 213 straight games -- the longest such run by a linebacker in NFL history -- over four seasons with the Rams, five with the Buffalo Bills and seven with the Redskins. He said hes thought about retirement for four or five years, but he had previously said would wait until the calm of the off-season to decide for good rather than announcing it in-season while emotions are strong. He said Wednesday he changed his mind because he wanted a chance to say goodbye to the fans at Sundays home finale against the Dallas Cowboys. Fletcher once called himself the "Susan Lucci of the NFL" because he was always getting snubbed at Pro Bowl time, but the drought ended when was selected for the all-star game for four consecutive seasons starting in 2009. He was second-team All-Pro in 2011 and 2012, has played in two Super Bowls and is the only player since sacks became an official stat in 1982 to have 30 sacks, 20 interceptions and 20 forced fumbles. Asked if hes Hall of Fame worthy, he laughed and said there will "definitely" be room for debate when hes compared to others who have been enshrined. "I think hes definitely a Hall of Fame calibre player," coach Mike Shanahan said. "His work speaks for itself." Fletcher said he can still "go out and make plays" despite his age and is leaving in part to spend more time a family that includes three young children. He said he hopes to leave a legacy of helping develop teammate Perry Riley, but Fletchers overwhelming accomplishment is that he always found a way to play, no matter how badly he was limping from some injury after the previous game. "I dont know how he does it," linebacker Brian Orakpo said. "Any time Im feeling bad or I dont want to practice or Im sore, and I look at this guy and hes still going -- you cant complain. Its impossible to go out there and complain because this guys out there doing it and he has 10-plus years on me." Fletcher said the streak was his way of not letting his teammates down. "I always wanted to be able to be there for them and know that, Hey, they can count on me," Fletcher said. "And even prove doubters wrong when theres a little nick or bump and they think, Hey, this is going to be the end of the streak or whatever the case may be -- to be able to say: You know what? Im tough enough to get through this." Notes: Fletcher also gave a passionate endorsement for Shanahan to return. "I think you should extend him, as crazy as that may sound," Fletcher said. ... Fletchers advice to embattled quarterback Robert Griffin III, who has been benched for the rest of the season: "This is a time for him to exhale, take a step back." Griffins rambling response: "I agree with him. And I did take that advice because for some people it can push you over the edge and really frustrate you, so for me I just gotta do what Fletch told me and exhale, just let it all go because you have to let the people that know you defend you. And you cant try to defend yourself or your family in these situations. Its unfortunate and people wont understand that. But people that know me, know my parents, know my family, know what goes on around here, they have to defend me." Norman Powell Raptors Jersey . If Vettel wins at Suzuka on Sunday, and his nearest rival Fernando Alonso finishes worse than eighth, the German driver will join his compatriot Michael Schumacher and Argentine Juan-Manuel Fangio as the only men to win four consecutive titles. Vince Carter Jersey .ca. Kerry, I hope you address Ron MacLeans comment during the second intermission of Game 4 in Montreal-Tampa series. Basically, he suggested that the NHL should not have used a referee from Quebec, following the Game 3 disputed non-goal, because the referee could be biased towards Montreal. http://www.nbaraptorsonline.com/Authentic-OG-Anunoby-Jersey/ . An unconventional night for Texas-El Paso nearly led to the Miners getting a huge upset. Down by 14 with 2:21 left, the Miners went on a frantic closing spurt that fell just short, and UTEP was beaten by No.TORONTO - Oshawa Generals forward Cole Cassels was suspended for 10 games by the Ontario Hockey League on Wednesday and Sarnia Sting forward Paval Zacha received a six-game ban for separate incidents last week.Cassels hit an opposing pplayer in the head with a bodycheck against the boards during a game against the Owen Sound Attack last Sunday. Marc Gasol Raptors Jersey. Zacha, meanwhile, was disciplined for boarding in a game against the Erie Otters last Friday. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen