shot of Feng and at least gave herself

in camera talk Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:40 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

SAN ANTONIO -- Marcos Maidana overpowered heavily favoured Adrien Broner to take the WBA welterweight championship, knocking him down twice in a unanimous decision Saturday night at the Alamodome. The target of heavy trash talking leading up to the fight, Maidana was dominant in handing the brash Broner his first loss in 28 bouts. After the judges scores of 115-110, 116-109 and 117-109 were announced in favour of the Argentine star, Broner ran out of the ring. "I had to show a lot of heart to win this fight," Maidana said. "I did what I had to do to win." Broner is nicknamed "The Problem," but Maidana (35-3) had the answer with power that the three-time world champion had never faced before. With the victory, Maidana set up a possible fight against Keith Thurman. On the undercard, Thurman stopped Jesus Soto Karass in the ninth round. Maidana left little question of what he wanted to do, landing 231 of 663 power punches while connecting on only 38 jabs. The power stunned the confident Broner, who was unable to use the fluid counter-punching that had resulted in 22 knockouts. "Ill tell you one thing, make a rematch," Broner said. "I dont need a warm-up fight. I want a rematch," Maidana staggered Broner early in the opening round with an overhand right to the back of the head, causing the Cincinnati fighter to stumble trying to regain his footing. Broner attempted to wrap up Maidana as Broner attempted to wrestle free to land more power punches. Maidana spent the entire opening round charging at Broner, trapping him against the ropes and throwing powerful combinations. Maidana sent Broner tumbling into the ropes early in the second round with a lunging left hook to the chin. After a standing eight count, Broner charged and wrapped up Maidanas upper legs in an attempt to recover. Maidana landed 57 punches in the opening two rounds to only 13 for Broner, according to Showtime. Broner regained his balance after the second round, spending the next five rounds trading punches and clenches before Maidana regained control. "Broner is a very good puncher," Maidana said. "Hes a very good boxer, very good puncher. Yes, I felt his blows." Maidana floored Broner in the eighth round with a left to the midsection and an overhand right. After a standing eight count, Broner again went to the canvas after taking a head-butt to the jaw. Amid heavy booing, Broner remained on the canvas and in a corner for about 3 minutes before returning to action. In the ninth round, Maidana again stunned Broner, unleashing combination after combination that Broner was struggling to avoid. Broner again regained his feet in the 10th round, but was only able to exchange blows with Maidana the remainder of the fight. "I dont think he was on today," said Broners trainer, Mike Stafford. "I thought it was a little closer than (the judges) had it, but I just dont think he was on tonight." On the undercard, Thurman (22-0) stunned Soto Karass (28-9-3) with a left hook to the chin that had the Mexican fighter out on his feet. Defenceless, Soto Karass took four more heavy blows before the referee stopped the bout. Soto Karass caught Thurman with an overhand right to the chin in the opening minute of the bout, staggering the Clearwater, Fla., fighter. Soto Karass followed it with another crushing right, but Thurman withstood the flurry and delivered his own staggering shots to the body and head to close the round. "He made me bring it out from round one," Thurman said. "He was ready Round 1. I was dilly dallying in Round 1 and he turned the lights on and woke me up." Earlier, Leo Santa Cruz (26-0-1) successfully defended his WBC super bantamweight championship, unanimously outpointing Cesar Seda. The judges scored the bout 116-111, 115-112, 117-110 for Santa Cruz, who landed 43 per cent of his power punches in handing Seda his second loss in 27 fights. Also, Beibut Shumenov stopped Tomas Kovacs in the third round to retain his WBA super light-heavyweight championship. Shumenov, from Kazakhstan, improved to 14-1. Kovacs, from Slovakia, dropped to 23-1. Jordan Scarlett Womens Jersey . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. DJ Moore Youth Jersey . Jim Leyland, in his eighth playoffs, has never had a starting rotation he trusts as much as the grouping of Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander, Anibal Sanchez and Doug Fister. http://www.shoppanthersonline.us/panther...er-blue-jersey/. Three pitches later, he was hugging Mike Napoli at home plate after his teammates winning home run. Napoli and Ortiz hit consecutive homers with one out in the 10th inning and the Boston Red Sox rallied past Minnesota 2-1 Wednesday, sending the Twins to their fifth straight loss. Greg Olsen Womens Jersey . Louis Cardinals continued their offensive tear with a 9-5 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers in the opener of a four-game series. Christian Miller Womens Jersey . -- Gary Harris gave No. NAPLES, Fla. -- Shanshan Feng of China set a goal to win twice on the LPGA Tour in one season, which she accomplished in her final four starts of the year. The two wins could not have been any more different. Her first win was before a hometown crowd in Beijing and required no small amount of luck. Trailing most of the day, she hit a shot on the final hole that she figured was in the water. It barely cleared the hazard, took a weird and wild hop out of the rough, was running fast across the green and struck the pin to settle tap-in distance away for an eagle and a one-shot win over Stacy Lewis. "I think it was magic," she said. Sunday at the LPGA Titleholders was sheer skill. Starting the final round two shots behind and never thinking it was her tournament to win, the 24-year-old Feng ran off four birdies in six holes to take the lead, missed three birdie putts inside 6 feet that could have put it away, and then held off Gerina Piller with two birdies over the final four holes at Tiburon Golf Club. Feng closed with a 6-under 66 for a one-shot win over Piller to claim $700,000, the richest prize in womens golf. "I actually didnt think I was going to achieve my goal, but I made it at the last minute at the last tournament in Florida, so Im really, really happy," Feng said. The only trouble she faced was figuring out how to light the cannon that signalled the end of the LPGA Tour season. Feng was given that duty as the winner of the CME Group Titleholders, and once she was shown how, she was shocked at how quickly she heard the boom. Feng wasnt the only winner this week along the gulf shores of Florida. Here were the five biggest winners: FLAWLESS FENG: Feng played the final 31 holes without a bogey to make up ground on a strong leaderboard that included some of the best in womens golf. She only needed three holes to take the lead, and she came up with two big shots down the stretch. Her 7-iron into the 15th stopped 8 feet away for a birdie to give her a two-shot lead, and then she hit a touch pitch behind the green on the par-5 17th that set up a tap-in birdie. Those were important, because Piller made birdie on both in the group behind Feng to stay within range. Feng only wanted to get to 15-under 273, win or lose, and it turned out to be a winner. She is exxpected to go to No.dddddddddddd 4 in the world ranking, and her $700,000 check allowed her to finish the season at No. 4 on the money list. AMERICAN GIRL: Lewis shot a 63 on Saturday that all but wrapped up the Vare Trophy for the lowest scoring average. She was in position Sunday to win the tournament until a bogey on the front nine that slowed her momentum, and Lewis never got it back. Even so, she closed with a 71 to tie for sixth and became the first American since Beth Daniel in 1994 to win the Vare Trophy. "As Americans, we hear about that all the time -- its been 18 years or its been 20 years or whatever it is," Lewis said. "Im just glad to have that kind of checked off the list. Weve got to get American golf on the map. Thats been the goal and Im just fortunate Ive been playing good golf." INBEE PARK: Inbee Park closed with a 68 to finish fifth, but she was a winner all week. Park, who won three straight majors among her six wins this year, clinched the LPGA player of the year last week in Mexico. On Friday night at the Ritz-Carlton, she delivered one of the most moving acceptance speeches, including this line, "As soon as happiness became my goal, I achieved more things than ever." Park wound up winning the LPGA Tour money title for the second straight year, both times going over $2 million PILLERS BEST: Piller just bought a house in Texas and figured the $700,000 would go a long way toward paying that off. She came close. With birdies on the 15th and 17th holes, she stayed within one shot of Feng and at least gave herself a shot at a playoff on the 18th. From behind a small native bush, the wind at her back, she hit 7-iron from 162 yards from 10 feet and narrowly missed the putt. It didnt go in, but the stroke was not tentative. Piller finished the year by playing in her first Solheim Cup team, and her runner-up finish at the Titleholders was the best of her career. LOOKING AHEAD: One of the highlights of the season-ending event was the announcement of the 2014 schedule. In previous years, the schedule was so tenuous that it wasnt announced until January. LPGA Commissioner Mike Whan and his staff put together a 32-event schedule, up nine tournaments from two years ago. The LPGA returns at the end of January in The Bahamas. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen