season in the fourth

in camera talk Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:40 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

BOSTON -- Three straight goals and Jonathan Bernier in net was enough for Toronto to hold a third-period lead in Boston this time. Bernier stopped 38 shots, including 15 in the final period as the Maple Leafs held off the Bruins 4-3 on Tuesday night. "Its fun. Its why we play hockey -- that little pressure, that extra pressure. I thought we reacted in a good way," Bernier said. Bernier wasnt part of the Toronto club that blew a late 4-2 lead and lost 5-4 in overtime to the Bruins in Game 7 of their first-round playoff series last spring. But he knew plenty of his teammates hadnt forgotten, which made Tuesday night a bit of a special regular-season victory. "I thought the atmosphere was awesome. I think both teams played hard, and lots of hitting in that game," Bernier said. "When we get skating and we hit a lot, I think we get a lot of energy from our bench and we play very well." Tyler Bozak scored twice, Phil Kessel had three assists and James van Riemsdyk had a goal and an assist for Toronto. Jake Gardiner also scored for the Maple Leafs, who were 0-2 against the defending Eastern Conference champions this season. "Hopefully, it bleeds some of the demons out of us," Toronto coach Randy Carlyle said. Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron each had a goal and an assist for Boston. Gregory Campbell pulled the Bruins to 4-3 with 10:25 left in the third period, but Bernier stopped a late flurry of shots after Boston pulled goalie Tuukka Rask for the extra skater. Toronto scored twice on the power play, while the Bruins were 0 for 3. "We had a lot of good looks. Weve obviously got to do a better job and bear down," Bergeron said. "On the power play they did that and we didnt do it, so the games right there." Bozak answered each of Bostons first two goals, then Toronto scored two straight and Bernier continued stopping shots. "Whenever you come to Boston you know its going to be tough and you know theres going to be times in the game where theyre going to be all over you," Bozak said. "Youve just got to stay composed and block some shots and need the goalie to make some saves, and Berny did a great job for us tonight to keep us in it." Rask made 22 saves for Boston, which lost for the third time in four games. He was booed after van Riemsdyks wrist shot got past him early in the third, but came up with two big saves later in the period that kept the Bruins in it. Rask made a sliding pad save on Nazem Kadri as he was being taken down by Zdeno Chara with a hook, then stopped a big shot early in the ensuing power play to keep it 4-3. Bernier withstood a flurry of shots by the Bruins early in the second, then stopped Boston on a power play to preserve a 2-all tie until Gardiner gave Toronto its first lead with 12:51 left in the period. The Maple Leafs were on a power play when Gardiner drifted in from the point to the right circle, where he took a cross-ice pass from Kessel and wristed a shot through Rask. Bergeron tucked a backhand between Berniers left pad and the post to put the Bruins up 2-1 with 9:12 left in the first period. The goal stood after a review to make sure the puck didnt slip under the side of the net. NOTES: Chara played in his 1,100th career game. ... Rask entered with 22 wins, tying his career high set in 2009-10. ... Toronto had not beaten the Bruins since a 2-1 victory in Game 6 of their playoff series last year. After playing three times so far this season, the Original Six rivals have one meeting left. ... Dion Phaneufs assist in the second period for Toronto snapped a five-game scoreless streak. Edinson Cavani Paris Saint-Germain Jersey .J. - Henrik Lundqvist has done more than set a couple of franchise records for the New York Rangers this week. Sebastien Cibois Paris Saint-Germain Jersey .com) - Jenny Boucek is the new head coach of the Seattle Storm. http://www.parissaintgermainfcstore.com/...Germain-Jersey/. -- Canadas Justin Shin shot an 8-under 64 on Thursday on PGA Wests Nicklaus Tournament Course to take the first-round lead in the Web. Moussa Sissako Jersey . It was the most lopsided loss in Lakers history. Darren Collison had a team-high 24 points while starting at shooting guard for the injured Jamal Crawford. Chris Paul added 13 points and 11 assists for the Clippers, who apparently are trying to make up for decades of humiliation at the hands of the Lakers all in one season; theyve won the last two meetings by a combined 84 points. Arthur Zagre Paris Saint-Germain Jersey . -- The court fight over NFL concussions should heat up soon as a judge in Philadelphia weighs the fairness of the proposed $765 million settlement.PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Pirates probably thought they were in for another long night. They arrived home in Pittsburgh at 3:33 a.m. Friday after the second game of their doubleheader with the Baltimore Orioles went into extra innings. The Pirates appeared on their way to playing another late one Friday night when Pedro Alvarez hit a tying two-run homer off Sergio Santos in the ninth. But two batters later, Starling Marte followed with a winning drive into the bullpen in left-centre, giving the Pirates a 6-5 win over the Toronto Blue Jays. Manager Clint Hurdle, who moved Marte from batting leadoff to the seventh spot in the lineup Thursday and six-hole Friday, hopes the win can get his players and team some "traction." "Its been a while since Pedro has been able to ride one out of the ballpark," Hurdle said. "Martes at-bats have gotten bigger, none bigger than that one. Those kind of at-bats can create a spark, create more momentum and more traction." Marte knew the ball was gone as soon as he hit it. "Thats what I want," Marte said. "No matter what spot I hit in." Santos (0-2) entered with a 5-3 lead and allowed a leadoff single to Neil Walker. He struck out Andrew McCutchen, and Alvarez followed with his seventh homer this season. Pinch-hitter Ike Davis flied out, and Marte hit the first game-ending homer of his big league career. Alvarezs homer broke a two-week home run drought for the third baseman who led the National League last season. "Obviously, (hitting the home run) feels really good," Alvarez said. "It kept us in the game, but of course anytime I can get a clutch hit for the team, to contribute to a W, its huge." Mark Melancon (1-1) pitched a hitless ninth for the win. After converting his first four save chances this season, Santos has blown three of his last four for the Blue Jays, who have lost seven of their last nine games and continue to have issues in the bullpen. "We played such a great game today and it stinks to blow it," Santos said. Toronto manager John Gibbons noted the injuries to reliever Casey Janssen and Dustin McGowan as aspects that have hindered the Blue Jays performance at the end of games.dddddddddddd "Its a totally different look and I think were suffering for it," Gibbons said. "But the game doesnt let you up." McCutchen had three hits for Pittsburgh, which outhit the Blue Jays 17-10. The Pirates won for just the third time in 13 games and the fifth time in their last 20. Pirates starter Gerrit Cole allowed four runs and seven hits in five innings, failing to reach the sixth for the first time in six starts this season. Cole said he was "a little off" Friday night. "I wasnt executing a handful of pitches there," Cole said. "They beat me on some good pitches." Torontos Brandon Morrow gave up three runs and 11 hits in five innings. After walking eight batters in his last start, Morrow walked just one Friday. "I just forgot about that and went out and threw the way Id been throwing before that," Morrow said. "I wasnt thinking about that and I dont think it was strange to come out and have good command today." In his first at-bat in Pittsburgh since 2008, Jose Bautista hit a two-out double in the first and scored on a double by Edwin Encarnacion. Pittsburgh took a 2-1 lead on Jordy Mercers run-scoring, double-play grounder in the second and McCutchens RBI single in the third. Colby Rasmus hit his sixth homer of the season in the fourth, a two-run drive, and Bautista had an RBI double in the fifth that made it 4-2. McCutchens run-scoring single cut the deficit in the bottom half, but Toronto regained a two-run lead in the sixth on pinch-hitter Steve Tollesons run-scoring, two-out triple off Justin Wilson. Hurdle was keen not to forget about Casey Sadler making his major league debut Friday night. Sadler pitched two scoreless innings, gave up a hit and struck out one. "He was able to come in and keep the game right where it was," Hurdle said. "Not to be lost in everything else that went on because he kept it right there at a two-run deficit." NOTES: Bautista has a 12-game hitting streak and has reached based in all 29 games hes played this season. ... Toronto knuckleballer R.A. Dickey (2-3, 5.09 ERA) is scheduled to start Saturday against Francisco Liriano (0-3, 3.97). ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 17 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen