brought back to SHR next

in camera talk Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:41 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

MIAMI -- Jose Fernandez got booed for not running out a grounder, and felt a tiny twinge of disappointment about not getting a chance to finish off what could have been his first complete game. Everything else for the Miami Marlins young ace went perfectly once again Tuesday night. Fernandez allowed two hits in eight stellar innings, Giancarlo Stanton hit a two-run homer and the Marlins opened a homestand by beating the Atlanta Braves 9-0 on Tuesday night. "Jose did a great job," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "We needed him to go out there and log some big innings, and thats back-to-back great starts against a great offensive team." Jarrod Saltalamacchia also homered for Miami, which had its third-highest run output of the season in a game that took just 2 hours, 7 minutes. It was the fastest one in the majors this season, according to STATS. Miami second baseman Ed Lucas had three hits in his season debut after recovering from a broken left hand, and Marcell Ozuna hit a two-run single for the Marlins. Fernandez (4-1) was dominant against the NL East leaders for the second time in a week, lowering his ERA to 1.59. He struck out eight and walked two, and hasnt allowed an earned run in 23 innings over his last three starts. The right-handers numbers are eye-popping going back to early in his rookie season. Fernandez is 14-4 with a 1.52 ERA in 24 starts since June 1, with 190 strikeouts against 45 walks in 160 innings. "Same as last time -- hes good every time," Atlantas Freddie Freeman said. Braves starter Alex Wood (2-4) allowed seven runs and 10 hits, leaving after facing four batters without getting an out in the sixth. Wood and Fernandez had a memorable duel last week, combining for 25 strikeouts and no walks in what became a 1-0 Miami win that lasted 2 hours, 8 minutes. This time, Fernandez -- who got booed by some in the crowd after not running out a sharp grounder to shortstop leading off the third -- needed only one run again. Miami just happened to give him eight more for good measure. The runs came in bunches during the rematch, with Miami scoring three in the third and five more in the sixth to blow it open. "We have to figure out how to beat Fernandez," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "Not everybody is Cy Young, and you still have to beat Cy Young every once in a while." Stanton went the opposite way for a two-run homer to right in the third inning, and Ozunas single in the sixth was enough to chase Wood. Fernandez even added a run-scoring single later in the sixth, and Saltalamacchia connected off Braves reliever Anthony Varvaro in the seventh. The Braves had only three right-handed batters in the starting lineup against Fernandez, looking for any way to break through against him. It was evident early that little was going to work. Fernandez needed only 17 pitches to get his first seven outs, and ended two innings with a pair of knee-buckling 83 mph off-speed offerings. Fernandez was even solid in the field, keeping the game scoreless with a nifty play to end the third. He came hard off the mound to field Ramiro Penas chopper that stopped halfway up the third base line, then faked a throw to first -- which baited the Braves Tyler Pastornicky into taking off from third base. Fernandez simply flipped the ball to Saltalamacchia, who put the tag on a sliding Pastornicky and kept the game scoreless. By the time Fernandez returned to the mound, he had a 3-0 lead and was rolling. Fernandez said he and Saltalamacchia had a quick pregame meeting to go over strategy and came up with the following plan: Whatever Miamis catcher called, Fernandez would throw. Redmond said he considered letting Fernandez finish the game, but with a nine-run lead the manager didnt want to take any risks in the ninth. "Ill get it sometime," Fernandez said of the elusive first complete game. NOTES: Aaron Harang (3-1) goes for Atlanta on Wednesday against the Marlins Nathan Eovaldi (1-1). ... To make room for Lucas, the Marlins designated INF Greg Dobbs for assignment. ... Marlins RHP Jacob Turner (shoulder strain) will come off the DL to start Saturday at home against the Los Angeles Dodgers. ... The Braves said LHP Mike Minor (shoulder soreness) will start in Atlanta on Friday, making his season debut against San Francisco. Nikolaj Ehlers Jersey . New York secured second place in the Metropolitan Division when the Philadelphia Flyers lost at Tampa Bay later Thursday. The Rangers will face either the Flyers or Columbus in the opening round of the post-season. The Rangers struggled throughout against the lowly Sabres and goalie Matt Hackett, who played in just his seventh NHL game of the season. Kyle Connor Jersey . Browns owner Jimmy Haslam announced the move with Young on Monday during a speech at a Pro Football Hall of Fame luncheon. http://www.jetsauthentic.com/authentic-j...ic-jets-jersey/. The shortstop still grieves, but it will be nights like the one Segura had in a 5-2 victory Monday over the Cincinnati Reds that will provide some distraction. Dustin Byfuglien Jersey . -- Zach Johnson asked his short-iron approach on the par-4 18th to "Do something right, baby. Kyle Connor Jets Jersey .The Dallas Cowboys released Sam from the practice squad Tuesday, dropping the rush end as they prepare for several potential reinforcements to return to the defensive line. RICHMOND, Va. -- NASCAR will have a new champion. For now, it has yet another conspiracy. Reigning champion Brad Keselowski failed to make the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship Saturday night when an ill-timed caution ruined his run at Richmond International Raceway. Same thing happened to Ryan Newman, who used a pass on eventual winner Carl Edwards with 10 laps to go to take the lead for what should have been enough to get in the Chase. Then Clint Bowyer spun three laps later to bring out a caution that ruined Newmans race. The benefactor? Martin Truex Jr., Bowyers teammate at Michael Waltrip Racing, who struggled the entire race. Newman and Truex were locked into a race for the second of two wild cards in the 12-driver Chase field, and the race win would give it to Newman. Only he lost the lead on pit road, wound up finishing third, and Truex grabbed the final spot in the Chase. Conspiracy theorists immediately accused Bowyer of spinning on purpose to help his teammate, and a tweet from Bowyer friend Blake Shelton didnt help his cause: "Yall should follow (at)ClintBowyer!!! The definition of team player!!!" the country music star posted on Twitter. A despondent Newman wasnt sure if Bowyers spin was legitimate. "They are teammates. I dont know if he looked at the scoring pylon, knew I was leading, it doesnt matter," Newman said. "If that was the case, Ill find out one way or the other. At the same time we still had the opportunity to make our own destiny and win it on pit road, and we didnt. That being said, were out." Truex, who broke his right wrist two weeks ago in a crash at Bristol and has been racing with a cast, said he had no idea who even caused the caution. "I didnt even know it happened until after the race," Truex said. "I raced my (butt) off all night long. Thats all I can do. I tell my crew chief what my car is doing, what I need to go faster. That was enough to worry about. I dont have to worry about any other people out on the racetrack. I didnt even know that (Bowyer) brought out the caution until after the race." Bowyer, who led 72 laps earlier in the race, denied any wrongdoing and said he simply lost the handling on his car. He said it was no different than Jimmie Johnson, who hit the wall earlier in the race to bring out the caution that jumbled the field and ultimately ruined Keselowskis Chase bid. "I think we had something going wrong. We went from a car capable of winning the race, leading, to ... just went straight backwards," Bowyer said. "My car was tight as hell, (Johnson) blew a tire and hit the wall. Im telling you, I was the next one. I know its a lot of fun for you guys to write a lot of whacky things. Go ahead if you want to, get creative. But dont look too much into it." Dale Earnhardt Jr., who was right behind Bowyer when he spun, wasnt so sure. "He just spun right out. Thats the craziest thing I ever saw," Earnhardt said. "He just came around." The winner wasnt even immune from controversy, with many believing Edwards jumped the final restart to get past Paul Menard. But Edwards said Menard spun his tires, and if he waited for Menard to get moving, both drivers would have been run over by the field behind them. Kasey Kahne claimed the first wild-card berth, and Joey Logano, Keselowskis teammate at Penske Racing, qualified for the Chase for the first time in his career, by rounding out the top 10 in points. Loganno edged four-time NASCAR champion Jeff Gordon for the final spot in the field.dddddddddddd. Kurt Busch finished second to make Furniture Row Racing the first single-car organization to make the Chase. Busch had been plagued by a slow pit crew all year and it bit him on the first caution of the race when he led the field down pit road as the leader. But the Furniture Row crew was almost a second slower than all the other contenders, and Busch lost five spots, restarting in sixth. He scolded over the team radio Furniture Row general manager Joe Garone, who to The Associated Press before the race the pit crew was under tremendous pressure Saturday night. It had been the weakest spot of the team all season, and Busch might have as many as three races had the crew performed at a higher level. "Its a new group, they started at the beginning of the year and the time that it takes for a crew to come together and gel and be running with the top five cars in the series, you dont get there in eight months," Garone said before the race. "The performance of the car has jumped ahead of the guys. Its not that they are bad, or we have bad stops. The two learning curves dont go together, and we are a little behind. If we can have good, clean, solid stops tonight, well leave the rest up to the calls on the pit box and Kurt behind the wheel." The pit crew rebounded as the night went on and Busch, fired two years ago from Penske Racing, was celebrating his return to elite company. "Well, how about them apples? Unbelievable," Busch said. "The way this team has grown, what weve been able to accomplish, its an amazing feeling. We achieved something very special tonight." Keselowski, who led a race-high 142 laps, at one point seemed to have the race in control even though a victory wasnt necessarily going to be enough to get him into the Chase. He had just pitted under green when Johnson hit the wall to bring out a caution that pinned Keselowski deep in the field, and he never recovered. He finished 17th, and at 16th in points and winless on the season, he wont be eligible to race for the Sprint Cup title. "I dont really have any emotions right now. We werent good enough to make it and we didnt. That is the reality," he said. "We have work to do. At the end of the day, the thing about points is it is the best measuring stick in sports. You know who deserves to be where because the results speak for themselves. We didnt have enough results to get where we needed to be." Performance also hurt Newman, who was more critical of his Stewart-Haas Racing pit crew than he was of Bowyers caution. Newman isnt being brought back to SHR next season, and the team was too slow on pit road for the final stop and that cost him both the win and his spot in the Chase. "We should have been able to come on pit road first and come off first," he said. "If were a championship contending team, we need a championship contending pit crew, and we didnt have that tonight." And that final caution ruined Gordons Chase chances, too. Eighth before the yellow flag and ahead of Logano in the standings, Newman losing the race flipped everything and Gordon wound up on the outside looking in even though he still finished eighth. "We were getting it done until that caution came out," Gordon said. "We still could have made it in. That restart just didnt got the way that we needed it to." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen