first professional victory here back

in camera talk Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:51 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

TORONTO - Its become something of a rarity in hockey for players to be outspoken, to publically question convention, to ask the simple question, why? This goes doubly so for young players, especially those just drafted and who have not yet attended their first main NHL training camp. Speaking with Josh Ho-Sang, drafted 28th overall in 2014 by the New York Islanders, is not unlike having a bucket of ice cold water dumped over your head. He wakes you up. "The way that Im portrayed is someone whos stubborn and never changes but Im just someone who asks why," Ho-Sang said after participating in Day 1 of BioSteel Camp at St. Michaels College School Arena in Toronto. "People who are very black and white dont like that at all because youre questioning the masses, youre questioning the way things have been done. Thats why things change right? Its those types of minds and people (who ask why) that change everything, I dont understand how thats a negative thing anywhere." After a solid debut season in the Ontario Hockey League as a 16-year-old with the Windsor Spitfires and finishing fourth on the team with 44 points, Ho-Sang followed it up this past year by leading his team in points (85) and assists (53) while tying for the lead in goals (32). But despite a quick and productive start to his OHL career, Ho-Sang was overlooked for Team Canadas Under 18 team in the spring, was not included on the 2013 U18 team to play at the Ivan Hlinka Tournament and was not invited to Team Canadas World Junior summer development camp roster this year. He asks - why? "The fact that I havent been invited to a camp, its insulting," Ho-Sang said frankly. "Ive done nothing to them (Hockey Canada). Its not like they invited me to U17 and U18 and I messed up at all that stuff. I havent been invited back since my first year in the OHL in December. Its been a year and a half; I havent been a part of any Hockey Canada stuff." But he has a philosophy as to why invites have not been coming his way. "They cant invite me to that stuff because theyre afraid," he said. "If I go there and do well, then they have no reason not to put me on the World Junior team." Asked directly why Hockey Canada wouldnt want him on that team, Ho-Sang, looking puzzled, responded, "I dont know." "If youre going to alienate an 18-year-old kid, like good job. Their job is development and progression of Canadian hockey. If I am a problem child, that means they dont like problems, that they have an issue with fixing things, that they like when things are easy. That actually means that they dont possess the ability to develop and that they are just taking players to fit their role that have been developed somewhere else." Hockey Canada declined to comment on this story. Ho-Sangs omission from consideration for Team Canada does not fuel his fire though. He clearly requires no validation for his ability. He prefers to look at it, not as confidence though, but as self-assuredness. "Its not confidence, its just that I know who I am and Im comfortable with who I am," Ho-Sang explained. "I feel no need to change." Prior to the 2014 NHL Draft, Ho-Sang told Sun Media and TSNs Steve Simmons that, "In three years, Ill be the best player in this draft. And I have no doubt about that." When asked if he still feels that way, Ho-Sang quickly responded, "Yeah." "I believe in myself and I know what I can do," Ho-Sang continued. "I dont really care if nobody else does, Ill show them and thats all just a part of the process. At one point, people didnt know who Patrick Kane was, at one point people didnt know who Sidney Crosby was." For now, Ho-Sang appears to have come to grips with the fact that he seems not to be at the forefront in the minds of those responsible with building various installments of Team Canada. Hes just tired of always having to explain his omission. "I dont play for Hockey Canada, I play for New York," he said. "I dont really care. Playing for your country is great; its more a personal thing. Its kind of annoying though because I have people asking me all the time why Im not there and not a part of that stuff but thats what it is. I think the only way Id be on that (World Junior) team is if I played in the NHL, thats probably the only way I could get on that team." And that will be his goal when he heads to his first NHL training camp next month with the Islanders. While Ho-Sang admitted hes not sure where he will be playing come of the start of the season, he is not planning on sitting back, just being happy to be there. "Whats my goal? Ho-Sang said, repeating the question. "Its to be better than everyone else there. I want to be better than John Tavares, I know hes an unbelievable player and I want to push myself against those guys because thats how you get there. If Im going head to head and pushing toes with Johnny T, chances are pretty good that Id make the team." Most 18-year-old prospects will tell you how honoured they were to be drafted and what an unbelievable experience it was. Ho-Sang looked at it a different way. "Its kind of annoying because everywhere I go, everyones like oh this guy got drafted. I dont even have a name though, Im just number 28 (28th overall pick)." Dont mistake it as cockiness or arrogance, though. Ho-Sang clearly appreciates the position he is in and understands there is a process to advancing to the NHL level that must be followed. Hes just very sure he can do it. When you really think about it, his logic is spot on. To hang in there with John Tavares is certainly the best way to force the Islanders hand come September. Whether he can do it is entirely up to him, just another step along the way in making Josh Ho-Sang a big name, closer to Patrick Kane and Sidney Crosby than the nameless No. 28 pick. Wholesale China Jerseys . Starters, when they struggle, have to live with it for five days. For Sergio Santos and Steve Delabar, two of the three men who authored one of the ugliest pitched innings in Blue Jays franchise history on Thursday night, the bounce-back chance came right away. China Jerseys 2020 . "This doesnt end anything," he said. "Weve got 10-1 in our last 11 games, and were going home in first place. We just have to keep playing the way we are right now. https://www.chinajerseysreview.com/. -- Thirty years ago, the Detroit Pistons beat the Denver Nuggets 186-184 in triple overtime, a game that remains the highest scoring in NBA history. Cheap China Jerseys . - After spending the morning in the hospital, Logan Couture gave the San Jose Sharks the spark they needed. Stitched China Jerseys .3 seconds remaining, and No. 7 North Carolina held off a resilient No. 25 Virginia team, 54-51, on Saturday. John Henson contributed a double-double with 15 points to go with 11 rebounds for the Tar Heels (25-4, 12-2 ACC), who have won five straight and 10 of 11.Dubai, United Arab Emirates (SportsNetwork.com) - Rory McIlroy fired a second-round, 8-under 64 on Friday and that vaulted him into the outright lead heading into the weekend at the Omega Dubai Desert Classic. McIlroy, who earned his first professional victory here back in 2009, finished 36 holes at 14-under-par 130 and he leads Marc Warren by one stroke. The No. 1 player in the world has nine career victories on the European Tour, including four last year, two of which were major championship wins at the British Open and PGA Championship. Waarren also used a big day on Friday to move into sole possession of second place.dddddddddddd Warren carded a 7-under 65 on the Majlis Course at Emirates Golf Club and he is right behind McIlroy at 13-under. Graeme McDowell (65) and Seve Benson (66) are one shot further back at 12-under. First-round leader Bernd Wiesberger shot a 3-under 69 in his second round and he is now tied for fifth with two-time defending champion Stephen Gallacher (67), Danny Willett (66), Lee Westwood (68) and Andy Sullivan (68). MORE TO FOLLOW. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen