ppy, said Van Gaal. We played a very good first

in camera talk Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:32 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

DURBAN, South Africa -- Dawie van der Walt shot a 4-under 66 Saturday to win the Nelson Mandela Championship by two shots, giving the tournament a South African victory in a week when the country bids farewell to its former president. Cheap MLB Jerseys From China . Van der Walt finished with a three-round total of 15-under 195 as the sun eventually shone on the final day of the rain-shortened event. It was his second European Tour victory. Englands Matthew Baldwin (68) and Spains Jorge Campillo (68) were tied for second. Even before the rain disrupted the first two days, organizers had brought the schedule forward a day to make sure the tournament did not run over into Sunday out of respect for the state funeral of Mandela, the South African anti-apartheid leader who died just over a week ago. "Its making you kind of part of history, winning the Nelson Mandela at this time when its sad for everyone and everyones mourning and tomorrows the big day," Van der Walt said, wearing a black ribbon on his cap. "It obviously means a lot and can be something that I can keep close to my heart forever." Van der Walt lifted a trophy that depicts an image of Mandela surrounded by children and also won a painting bearing the signature of South Africas most famous figure. The tournament donated money to one of Mandelas charities, a childrens hospital that bears his name. Englishman Daniel Brooks had held a three-shot lead after the second round in Durban, which was only completed earlier Saturday because of the weather delays, but struggled with five bogeys and a double bogey in his final-round 76. Van der Walt, who was tied for second heading to the final 18 holes, made five birdies and an eagle to go with three bogeys on the Mount Edgecombe course. Coming in, he recovered from his third bogey at No. 11 by making eagle at No. 12 and birdie at No. 13. The South African also caught a break on the par-5 No. 14 when a shot heading toward the rough bounced favourably for him. Neither Baldwin nor Campillo could apply enough pressure in the final stretch, with Baldwin making just one birdie in his last 11 and Campillo crucially dropping a shot at No. 15. Campillo and Colin Nel on Friday became the first players to card 59s in a European Tour event, although their scores dont count as records because players were given preferred lies on the rain-soaked course. Frances Romain Wattel was alone in fourth on 12 under and South Africas Oliver Bekker fifth on 11 under. American John Hahn finished in a four-way tie for sixth alongside four-time European Tour winner Branden Grace. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic . The Professional Referee Organization, which manages game officials for the U.S. Soccer Federation and MLS, notified the Professional Soccer Referee Association of the lockout and said replacement officials will be used. MLB Jerseys From China . “The shootout, theres nothing wrong with it, I think its an exciting part of the game but its just one small aspect,” said Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman. “Its a skill exhibition. If you can get it back closer to regular hockey and have it decided that way; that would be my preference.” “I dont think its a knock on the shootout, I think more of the managers would like to see it end in overtime,” added Washington Capitals GM George McPhee. https://www.mlbjerseys2020.com/ . "Win basketball games," Collins said. He will get at least a few more chances. Collins played the final minutes of a winning home debut with the Brooklyn Nets, who cooled off the Chicago Bulls with a 96-80 victory Monday night.Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal hailed Marcus Rashford as a real striker after his derby winner against Manchester City on Sunday. The 18-year-old scored the only goal of the game in the 16th minute, coolly finishing after skipping away from Martin Demichelis.The goal was Rashfords fifth since he was handed a starting role in the Europa League eight games ago. He is a real striker and thats why I let him stay in that position because he can make goals, Van Gaal told Sky Sports.But he is also an attacking point and runs the channels. I like him very much. But he is 18 years old so we have to wait and see how consistent he is. Marcus Rashford celebrates his opening goal Asked in his post-match press conference whether Rashford could earn a call-up for England in the near future, Van Gaal said: I dont want to interfere. We dont have to exaggerate either. He is young, he is good, otherwise I question why I let him stay in the team.The win comes just a few days after Uniteds Europa League participation ended with a 3-1 aggregate defeat to Liverpool.But while Jurgen Klopps side followed up the result with a 3-2 defeat to Southampton, having led 2-0 at half-time, United managed to recover from the setback and earn three potentially vital league points.I am very happy, said Van Gaal. We played a very good first half. In the second half we had the chances to score the second, but then we fought to the end to survive because a lot of players had cramp. Sky Sports pundit Graeme Souness said Louis van Gaal deserves credit after sticking with his young side against Man City Thats logical, I think, when you play on Thursday. MLB Jerseys 2020 Online. . You have seen what Liverpool did; in the first half they scored two at Southampton and in the second half it was 3-2.Thats only because they were not recovered. Otherwise you cant lose 3-2.I think [Uniteds performance] was fantastic. We have done it also against Arsenal after playing on Thursday and we have beaten also Manchester City, so I am very happy because its not easy to win here.The victory sees United move just a point behind City with eight games of the season remaining.It was fantastic to see the dressing room and we will fight every match, of course, said Van Gaal. Now we have a big result. It was a long time ago that Manchester United won here, so for the fans it is again fantastic that we have won. Also See: Man City 0-1 Man Utd As it happened Man Utd fixtures Get a £10 free bet! ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen