first eight possessions, including one sequence

in camera talk Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:37 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

Philadelphia, PA - 2013-14 NBA Rookie of the Year Michael Carter-Williams had the third-year option on his rookie contract picked up by the Philadelphia 76ers, who also exercised their option on fellow 2013 first- round pick Nerlens Noel. Nike Joyride Run Norge . The Sixers had until Friday to make the expected moves. The team also announced it guaranteed the fourth year on the contract of guard Tony Wroten. Carter-Williams become the second player in franchise history to earn Rookie of the Year honors after averaging 16.7 points, 6.3 assists and 6.2 rebounds while starting 70 games in 2013-14. The 23-year-old point guard also joined Hall of Famers Oscar Robertson and Magic Johnson as the lone rookies in league history to average 16 points, six rebounds and six assists. Noel made his long-awaited NBA debut Wednesday in Indiana and recorded 10 rebounds, three blocks and six points. The 6-foot-11 forward missed his entire rookie campaign while recovering from an ACL tear he suffered while playing for the University of Kentucky. Wroten, a first-round pick of Memphis in 2012 who was traded to Philadelphia prior to last season, averaged 13 points, 3.2 rebounds and 3.0 assists over 72 games in 2013-14. He started in place of an injured Carter-Williams in Wednesdays season opener and tallied 22 points, eight rebounds and seven assists. Nike Vapormax Salg . They named Mark Washington as their defensive co-ordinator on Thursday and appear to be closing in on an offensive co-ordinator. Vapormax Herre Norge . 28 with a Vancouver entry for the first time in 10 years and a novel new collective bargaining agreement. http://www.vapormaxnorge.com/ . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. NEW ORLEANS -- Three games into his second season Anthony Davis is quickly establishing himself as the leader of the baby-faced New Orleans Pelicans. Davis had 25 points, eight rebounds, a career-high six blocks and five assists to lead New Orleans to a 105-84 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats on Saturday night, its first win changing its nickname to Pelicans. The No. 1 overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft, Davis has scored at least 20 points in each of the Hornets first three games and has made 19 of 20 free throws. He punctuated his performance Saturday by diving into the scorers table to save a pass from going out of bounds and hustling back to score in transition. "Im just trying to hustle and everything I need to do to help my team win," Davis said. "If its me diving on the floor to save the ball, or making transition buckets, thats what Im going to do." Tyreke Evans added 15 points, Jrue Holiday had 14 and Brian Roberts 13 for New Orleans (1-2). The Bobcats, playing without Al Jefferson, were led by Ramon Sessions with 22 points and Kemba Walker with 14. "(Davis) is doing it every single night but I think that he can be better," Pelicans coach Monty Williams said. "I want him to attack the basket more. Obviously I love the points but hes only scratching the surface as to where hes going to be as he gets stronger and learns how to draw more fouls." The Pelicans set a franchise record with 18 blocked shots with Jason Smith matching his career high with five. New Orleans was coming off a 20-point loss at Orlando on Friday night when it shot 34 per cent (37 of 75). The Pelicans recorded 30 assists, led by Holiday with eight and Evans with seven. "We were doing a great job of talking," Davis said. "When we talk and communicate with each other we are a tough team to beat." The Bobcats were 30 of 80 from the field and were outrebounded 43-41. Vapormax Flyknit Herre Norge. New Orleans led 56-41 at halftime, and with a frontcourt led by Davis effectively closing off the middle the Bobcats never seriously threatened. The Bobcats trailed 77-62 at the end of three quarters but could come no closer than 14 points in the fourth quarter. A jumper by Gerald Henderson cut the Pelicans lead to 83-69 but Roberts answered with a four-point play to give New Orleans an 87-69 lead with 8:12 left. "It was bad," Henderson said. "We didnt come out with the focus we needed. We made a lot of mistakes, especially at the start of the game." Playing at home for the second time in three games, the Pelicans made their first three shots and scored on their first eight possessions, including one sequence in which they grabbed two offensive rebounds and took a 15-4 lead with 7:19 remaining in the first half. The Pelicans led 33-15 after the first quarter, nearly equaling their 36-point first-half output against the Magic. New Orleans shot 50 per cent from the field and held Charlotte to 6-of-20 shooting. Evans layup with 11:12 left in the second quarter gave the Pelicans a 37-15 lead, their largest of the half. Charlotte got within 56-41. "At halftime I thought we had a chance," Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said. "I thought we would hang in there and respond. The disappointing part to me was the beginning of the third quarter where we just came out with nothing. " "Its so hard to get wins in this league and I dont take that for granted," Williams said. "I know that we can play like that with that kind of energy. "Love our defensive numbers tonight." NOTES: Charlotte attempted eight more free throws than the Pelicans but made only 21 of 36, compared to 24 of 28 for New Orleans. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen