y had a vision of how offensive football should look,"

in camera talk Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:40 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

OWINGS MILLS, Md. nike air vapormax προσφορες . - In the afterglow of a playoff victory over Pittsburgh last weekend, Ravens coach John Harbaugh proclaimed Joe Flacco to be the best quarterback in football.Given time to reflect on his comment, Harbaugh didnt back down.I said it. I meant it, Harbaugh said after Tuesdays practice.Flaccos numbers in the post-season support Harbaughs lofty assessment.After throwing two touchdown passes in a 30-17 win over the Steelers, Flacco improved to 5-0 in his last five playoff games. He has 13 TDs, no interceptions and a 116.6 quarterback rating during that span. He was Super Bowl MVP two years ago, is 10-4 in the post-season and has more road playoff wins (seven) than any quarterback in NFL history.Flacco has twice as many playoff wins as peers Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger.So, is this guy elite or what?At the end of the day it doesnt really matter what everybody wants to think, Flacco said. It obviously means a lot for a head coach to stand up in front of everybody in the whole world and say those kind of things. Whether it really means anything, I dont know. But it definitely means a lot to me.Harbaugh became Baltimores coach in 2008, the same year the Ravens made Flacco their top draft pick out of Delaware. The two have been to the post-season in six of seven years.Joe has a great arm, is a very good athlete, a big, strong guy in the pocket, can make any throw in any kind of weather, Harbaugh said.Especially in the playoffs.Hes a good quarterback, period, said New England coach Bill Belichick, whose top-seeded Patriots (12-4) host the Ravens (11-6) on Saturday.I have a lot of respect for him, Belichick said. He has a great arm, can throw the ball the length of the field with guys hanging all over him. Hes mobile. Hes athletic enough to extend plays, makes good decisions, uses all his weapons.Flacco and the Ravens beat the Patriots 28-13 in the AFC championship game two years ago to advance to the Super Bowl. Flacco joined Joe Montana as the only quarterbacks in NFL history to throw 11 touchdown passes without an interception in a single post-season.Big-time players show up when you need them most, and thats how hes been, Ravens fourth-year receiver Torrey Smith said. Hes as good as anyone, and maybe the best in the playoffs these past few years.Soon after Baltimore beat San Francisco 34-31 in the Super Bowl, Flacco received a contract worth $120.6 million that made him the highest-paid player in NFL history.To this point, its been a worthwhile investment. Although the Ravens went 8-8 and missed the playoffs last year, theyve never had a losing record and are 82-44 (including the post-season) with Flacco as a starter. Oh, and hes started every game since the outset of his rookie year.Flacco has thrown 166 passes in the playoffs since his last interception, in the 2011 AFC title game in New England.Im doing the best I can to put everybody in position to do good things, he said. Put the ball in their hands and let them take over.Flacco is 6-foot-6 but surprisingly agile in the pocket. Against Pittsburgh, he scrambled to his left to elude the rush and threw off his back foot to connect with Smith for an 11-yard touchdown that made it 20-9.His athletic ability is underrated, Smith said. Hes been making plays like that for a long time.In the playoffs, though, something special happens when Flacco is on the field.Hes a franchise quarterback and has had a great career, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said.Brady is among a select few top-shelf quarterbacks considered to be the best in the game by those not named John Harbaugh.The cool thing about it is, Tom was playing for who knows how many years before I got in here, Flacco said. I was in high school watching him win Super Bowls.Flacco is 2-1 in the playoffs against the Patriots, but warns that those games — and this one — arent about Brady vs. Flacco.Its not really me outdueling Tom or him outdueling me, he insisted. Were not playing against each other.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Nike Air Vapormax Flyknit Skroutz . While the pair of Spain internationals return, midfielder Xavi Hernandez will not be included in the squad after failing to recover from a muscle strain to his left leg. Nike air vapormax plus skroutz .ca presents its latest weekly power rankings for the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season. http://www.vapormaxgreece.com/ . -- The guys in green raced off the court and into the locker room where they danced and sang, compared whose shot was most likely to end up featured on "One Shining Moment," and checked Twitter to see who was giving them a shoutout. MIAMI -- New Miami Dolphins offensive co-ordinator Bill Lazor says he can help head coach Joe Philbin win games and some job security. Lazor said he accepted the job Wednesday because of Philbin, even though his new boss status is shaky after two so-so seasons. "Right now my future and his future are together," Lazor said. "Im in it with him. I choose to compete and make an impact and to be a difference-maker, and thats why Im here." Lazor was hired Wednesday by Philbin after one season as quarterbacks coach with the Philadelphia Eagles, where he helped develop second-year pro Nick Foles into the NFLs top-rated passer. The Dolphins also had a second-year quarterback in Ryan Tannehill. Foles threw 27 touchdown passes and two interceptions, while Tannehill threw 24 and 17. Lazor said he studied Tannehill on video before accepting the job. "Im really excited to work with him," Lazor said. "I see a lot of ability." The Dolphins ranked 27th in the NFL in yards, finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs for the fifth consecutive year. The Eagles ranked second in total yards and offensive points, went 10-6 and won the NFC East. "A lot of the things that led to that are going to have a great impact in what I believe works going forward," Lazor said. Lazor was offensive co-ordinator at the University of Virginia from 2010 to 2012, and he has also worked for the Washington Redskins, Seattle Seahawks and Atlanta Falcons. He replaces Mike Sherman, who was fired last week after two seasons with Miami and was Tannehills head coach at Texas A&M. The Dolphins are also searching for a general manager to replace Jeff Ireland, who departed last week after six seasons. On Wednesday they announced the completion of an interview with Brian Xanders, senior personnel executive with the Detroit Lions. Five candidates interviewed earlier. Considered along with Lazor for the offensive co-ordinator job were Greeen Bay Packers quarterbacks coach Ben McAdoo, who was hired Tuesday as offensive co-ordinator of the New York Giants, and former Washington Redskins offensive co-ordinator Kyle Shanahan. nike vapormax προς πώληση. Lazor said he and Philbin hit it off during the interview process. They had known each other casually for years. "Bill is an accomplished coach and will be a great addition to our coaching staff," Philbin said in a statement. "Bill has been instrumental in helping players reach their full potential, as players and people, at both the college and professional level. He also has a proven track record of success working with a wide variety of offences." In addition to the Eagles Chip Kelly, Lazor has coached under Dan Reeves, Joe Gibbs and Mike Holmgren. "The No. 1 thing that was common was that they had a vision of how offensive football should look," Lazor said. "Every day we went out to practice, they made sure what they saw on the field was heading toward that vision. Its the job of the coaches to keep pushing in that direction." Lazor was noncommittal regarding other possible changes in Philbins offensive staff. "He and I have not had all of our conversations about the structure of the staff," Lazor said. "Thats something that will be handled going forward." Some sort of shakeup was inevitable after the Dolphins scored once in their final 24 possessions while losing their final two games to blow a potential playoff berth. Miami allowed a franchise-record 58 sacks, and off-season upgrades will focus on an offensive line depleted by the teams midseason bullying scandal. The Dolphins might be in the market for a running back, too. Lamar Miller scored two touchdowns, the lowest total for a player leading the Dolphins in rushing since 1980. Miami threw the ball 65 per cent of the time, third-highest in the NFL. The Eagles threw it 53 per cent of the time, sixth-lowest. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen