Dumba was given a five-minute

in camera talk Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:28 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

One of the best underdog stories of the Sochi Olympics may be nearly undone. According to The Globe and Mails James Mirtle, the Latvian mens Olympic team - which finished eighth in the hockey tournament - now faces possible disqualification after a second player has allegedly tested positive for a banned substance. Mirtle cites a report from Latvian web site sportacentrs.com that states an unnamed player has turned up the teams second positive drug test of the tournament. Forward Vitalijs Pavlovs failed a drug test following Latvias 2-1 quarter-final defeat to Canada. Under Olympic rules, hockey teams do not face disqualification until multiple players test positive for banned substances. The eighth-place finish improved Latvia to 10th in the IIHF world rankings, which is a key determinant to Olympic qualification. The top nine teams in the IIHF world rankings received automatic berths to the Sochi Games, which was the reason why Norway (ranked ninth through 2012) was able to avoid the qualification tournaments that saw Slovenia, Austria and Latvia qualify by beating the likes of Germany, France and Belarus. IIHF rankings are based on tournament performance over a four-year span, including both the Olympic hockey tournament and the World Championships. Nike Air Presto Günstig Kaufen . Louis Cardinals won the World Series last season, but after losing first baseman Albert Pujols to free agency and manager Tony LaRussa to retirement, they opened the 2012 season in 12th spot in the TSN. Air Force 1 Damen Sale .com) - James Harden put the Houston Rockets on his back and willed them to an overtime victory on Thursday. http://www.airforce1gunstig.de/air-force...eutschland.html. -- Howie Kendrick had a two-run single in his first game batting leadoff this season, Chris Iannetta hit a pair of RBI singles and the Los Angeles Angels beat Cleveland 6-4 Tuesday night, sending the Indians to their fifth straight defeat. Nike Air Presto Off White Kaufen . Following the Ford Womens World Curling Championship gold medal match that attracted record-breaking audiences to TSN, the networks exclusive live coverage of the tournament begins Saturday at 7am et/4am pt with Canadas opening draw against Denmark. Air Force 1 Weiß Deutschland . Donald Young lost in straight sets to Israels Dudi Sela 6-3, 6-0. Querrey, ranked No. 61, is the second-highest ranked American, ahead of Johnson (64).Hockey Canada was informed by the International Ice Hockey Federation on Monday that defenceman Mathew Dumba will not be disciplined further for kneeing forward Erik Karlsson during Team Canadas 3-0 loss to Sweden in a pre-tournament game for the World Junior Hockey Championship. Dumba was given a five-minute major penalty and a game misconduct for the incident. "Honestly, its hard to remember. I was going for that puck off the draw and I just fronted the guy," Dumba told TSN after being informed of the decision. "I know I went to hit him and might have just shifted sidewayys.dddddddddddd I had no intent to do that hit, but obviously it was a penalty so just fortunate enough that they didnt give me a suspension." Any suspension would have been a blow to Canadas defence, which already has Griffin Reinhart serving a three-game suspension once the World Junior tournament begins on Boxing Day. "It was pretty nerve-wracking," said Dumba. "I just didnt want to put that on my teammates. It was a good relief before the game when Brent came in and said, This is the set team and we dont have to worry about that (suspension)." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen