s walked to the sideline holding hands, and Nouni a

in camera talk Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:51 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

OTTAWA - Anton Khudobin is finally starting to feel some relief after such a long struggle in net to start his season with the Carolina Hurricanes. Ultra Boost Canada .Khudobin made 30 saves Saturday night as the Huricanes defeated the Ottawa Senators 3-2— his fourth victory in a row after failing to record a win in his first 10 outings of the season,It had to come at some point. I lost my first 10 games and I tried to find my game and Ive been a little frustrated, Khudobin said after the game in which he was named the first star.Right now Im just more relaxed and I dont think about anything I just stop the pucks.Nathan Gerbe and Justin Faulk each had a goal and an assist while Brad Malone also scored for the Hurricanes (15-25-5), who have one game remaining before the All-Star break.Cody Ceci and Mark Stone scored for the Senators (18-18-8), who were unable to get any puck possession in the Carolina zone after pulling Craig Anderson in favour of an extra attacker in the final two minutes.Anderson finished with 25 saves.Gerbe scored the winner with a little under six minutes to play in the third period when his shot from 15 feet inside the blue-line appeared to hit something on the way to the net before getting past Anderson.The teams had entered the third tied 1-1 but less than three minutes into the period each team added another.Stone gave the Senators their first lead of the game when he beat Khudobin high to the glove side just a minute into the period, but Faulk tied the game at 2:21.Its frustrating coming into the locker room after losses. You look at yourself and cant help but think your playoff hopes are dwindling after you lose games. We just need to find ways to get that success, said Stone, who has points in each of his last five games.It just takes a little bit of a run and some consistent hockey. This is the time now, these games are important and we have to string some wins together.The loss leaves the Senators 10-points out of a playoff spot, but worse than that its a game they certainly could have, perhaps should have won.Its a missed two points at the end of the day, Senators coach Dave Cameron said, then turning to baseball for an analogy.Its kind of like if youre at bat with the game on the line and you hit a 450-foot foul ball and then you strike out. When you go back to the dugout what do you think about, the near miss or the strikeout? We have to concentrate on the strikeout to get us over that hump. We have to be able to put that ball in play.Erik Karlsson had two chances in the third period to give the Senators the lead and break the 2-2 tie but was stopped by Khudobin on a breakaway on one opportunity and then stopped by the post on another.A lot of the credit for the win also goes to Hurricanes defenceman Tim Gleason, who had three hits and three blocked shots and was awarded the red firemans hat after the game as the hardest worker by his teammates.Its a great feeling and a great honour. Ill just take it in stride and enjoy it for as long as it lasts, Gleason said.The Senators had the majority of opportunities in the first period but it was the Hurricanes who emerged from the opening 20 minutes with a 1-0 lead.After several turnovers along the side boards the puck went behind the goal line at the side of the Senators net where Patrick Dwyer won a battle with Ottawa defenceman Patrick Wiercioch and fed Malone in front of the net for the first goal of the game.Malone took a pass and beat Anderson with a quick shot with just 32 seconds left in the period.Earlier on Khudobin made a great save off Mike Hoffman at the tail end of a two-on-one rush and then caught a break as Curtis Lazar lost control of the puck after getting Khudobin down and out on another two-on-one.It didnt take the Senators long to respond as Ceci scored 4:39 into the second period.Erik Condra took a shot the Khudobin stopped but he let out a huge rebound that Ceci caught up to and fired into an empty net as he was following up on the play.There was an ugly incident not long after as Eric Staal caught Senators defenceman Jared Cowen in the mouth with his stick as he took a full swing at a puck that was on its way down following a high bounce.Staal took a double minor as Cowen left the ice with a bloodied mouth, although he did return to the game.Notes- Chris Phillips and Colin Greening were scratches for the Senators. Andrej Nestrasil, John-Michael Liles and Alexander Semin were scratches for the Hurricanes…Anderson played in his 400th NHL game Saturday and 187th with the Senators…The Hurricanes have earned at least one point in 15 of their past 18 games against the Senators…Alexander Semin has just one goal and eight points in 26 games this season after signing a one-year contract in July with the Hurricanes worth US$7 million. y-3 Sale Canada . In a series of tweets, it is explained by the Department of Player Safety that Niederreiter makes full body contact with Burrows and although there is head contact, he does not "pick" the head in the course of making the hit. NMD 2020 Cananda . As deep as their roster is, they need their superstar. Rose scored 23 points in his return from a five-game absence due to back pain, and Chicago hung on to beat the struggling Atlanta Hawks 90-79 on Monday. http://www.nmdshoescanada.com/nmd-cs2-cheap-canada.html . A strong fastball. A big, bending curveball that can buckle hitters at the knees. Against the Detroit Tigers on Sunday, Elias put the entire package together against one of the leagues strongest lineups. LONDON -- It was clear something was wrong with Serena Williams from the moment she began trying to warm up for her Wimbledon doubles match Tuesday. She weakly pushed volleys into the net from a couple of feet away. She whiffed on practice strokes. She even had trouble with the simple task of collecting tennis balls from the ball kids. After Williams was examined for about 10 minutes on the sideline by medical staff, including a check of her blood pressure, the match began. After three games, though, an out-of-sorts Williams and her partner, older sister Venus, stopped. The tournament referees office and WTA later said Serena, who lost in singles Saturday, had a viral illness. "I am heartbroken Im not able to continue in the tournament," Serena said in a statement. "I thought I could rally this morning because I really wanted to compete, but this bug just got the best of me." About 1 1/2 hours after leaving the court, Serena walked out of the All England Club, still wearing her white match outfit, and with a tournament towel draped around her waist. She got into a car and was driven away. "Unfortunately, Serena has been feeling unwell for the past few days and she just couldnt play to her potential today," Venus said. "Im really proud of her for trying because we just love playing doubles together." They have won 13 Grand Slam doubles titles as a pair, including five at Wimbledon. In singles, the 32-year-old Serena is ranked No. 1 and owns 17 major championships, the most among active women; five came at the All England Club. "We were all looking forward to a great match. From the bottom of my heart, I thank all of the fans for their cheers and understanding," said Serena, who was beaten in tthree sets by 25th-seeded Alize Cornet in the third round of singles. NMD Human Race Canada. "I look forward to returning to Wimbledon next year." While being looked at by a doctor before the start of the second-round doubles match against Kristina Barrois and Stefanie Voegele, Serena hunched over and covered her face with her hands. During the delay, one of the Williams other sisters, along with Serenas agent and her hitting partner, left their seats in the stands. Eventually, play began. With Serena serving in the third game, she was broken at love with four double-faults. One of the best servers in the womens game, she hit balls that bounced before reaching the net. At love-40 in that game, chair umpire Kader Nouni took the unusual step of climbing down from his perch and walking over to speak to Serena. She then served another double-fault to fall behind 3-0. Serena and Venus walked to the sideline holding hands, and Nouni announced to the crowd at No. 1 Court: "Ladies and gentlemen, unfortunately, Miss Williams has to retire." Serena wiped away tears as she walked toward the courts exit. Her career has been marked by health problems. She missed eight months after having surgery on her left knee in 2003, the year she had completed a self-styled "Serena Slam" by winning four consecutive major titles. Days after winning Wimbledon in 2010, Williams cut both feet on broken glass while leaving a restaurant, leading to two operations on her right foot. Then she got clots in her lungs and needed to inject herself with a blood thinner. Those shots led to a pool of blood gathering under her stomachs skin, requiring another hospital procedure. In all, she was off the tour for about 10 months, returning in 2011. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen