Twins. In two of those appearances, including the Minnesota defe

in camera talk Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:51 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

(SportsNetwork. Stitched Rays Jerseys .com) - For a while the Pittsburgh Penguins seemed unfazed by the rash of injuries and illnesses which have beset the club so far this season. However, the hobbled Penguins will try to halt their longest losing streak in nearly three years when they host the Carolina Hurricanes on Wednesday. Pittsburgh has lost four straight, including the last three in regulation, to post the franchises longest losing streak since a six-game slide from Dec. 29, 2011-Jan. 11, 2012. The Pens have scored a total of seven goals during the 0-3-1 stretch and only managed one goal over the last two outings. Help could be on the way for the Penguins tonight, however, with the potential return of a few players who have recently missed time. Forwards Craig Adams and Beau Bennett and defenseman Christian Ehrhoff are all questionable for tonight after practicing with the team on Tuesday. Adams (undisclosed) and Ehrhoff (lower body) have each missed the last five games, while Bennett has sat out the last 15 tilts with a lower-body issue. Backup goaltender Thomas Greiss, who is one of several Pittsburgh players to contract the mumps this season, also expects to suit up for tonights game after Jeff Zatkoff was sent down to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the AHL on Tuesday morning. Defenseman Paul Martin also skated at Tuesdays practice, but he wont play tonight. I dont know what everyones timeline is, but its nice to see guys back in practice, Pens captain Sidney Crosby told his teams website. But regardless of how many guys and when, you still have to make sure youre playing the right way so when guys do come back, its an easier adjustment for them and youre on the right track. Crosby scored the lone goal for Pittsburgh in its most recent outing, a 3-1 setback Monday in New Jersey. His 11th marker of the season gave the Pens a 1-0 lead with 5:23 left in the first, but the Devils took control of the game with a two-goal second period. Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 24-of-27 shots and is expected to start again tonight. He is 12-8-2 with a 2.71 goals against average in his career against the Hurricanes. Carolina, which is second from the bottom in the overall NHL standings, is hoping to take advantage of the Penguins recent struggles tonight when the Hurricanes aim to close December with just their fourth victory of the month. The Canes are 3-9-1 in December and have lost two straight and 10 of their last 12 games. The clubs latest setback came Monday against visiting Montreal, which notched a 3-1 win to spoil the season debut of Jordan Staal. Staal, a former Penguins centerman, played in his first game of the season and was credited with an assist on his brother Erics power-play goal early in the third period. However, that was all the offense Carolina could muster, as the Hurricanes were held to less than two goals for the ninth time in 12 games. Cam Ward only made 16 saves to take the loss in a game that saw the Hurricanes hold a 29-19 edge in shots. We had our chances, we just couldnt put them home, Carolina forward Riley Nash said. Ward, who is 13-6-3 with a 2.38 GAA in his career against Pittsburgh, will start again tonight. Pittsburgh is beginning a four-game homestand tonight, and although the club boasts a 13-5-1 record at Consol Energy Center this season, the Pens have lost their last two home games against Carolina. The home skid includes a 4-2 Hurricanes victory in the Steel City on Nov. 28. That triumph is one of just four road wins this season for Carolina, which is 4-14-2 as the guest. The Pens have won six of the past eight overall meetings against the Panthers. Rays Jerseys 2019 . "[People] keep asking that question and its not a legit question because we dont have that right, we havent arrived yet," Casey responded. "Weve got to take each game at a time, each possession at a time and look at it that way. Tampa Bay Rays Pro Shop . Mickelson shot a 2-under 70 after opening with a 77 -- his worst score of the season -- on TPC San Antonios AT&T Oaks Course. Lefty was 11 strokes behind leader Steven Bowditch, the Australian who had a 67 to reach 8-under 136. https://www.cheapraysonline.com/ . -- The defending Canadian womens curling champions squandered an opportunity to take sole possession of first place in the standings Tuesday at the Scotties Tournament of Hearts.NEW YORK – As the Blue Jays venture into Yankee Stadium for an important three-game series with their foes in pinstripes, there are a number of storylines to latch on to before considering who will take the mound for Toronto on Tuesday night. Its the first-place Blue Jays against the team closest to them in the American League East. Toronto enters the series with a four-and-a-half game lead on the Yankees. Its another chance, the second of what will be as many as six, to wave goodbye to New Yorks future Hall of Fame shortstop, Derek Jeter. Here in New York, the dulcet voice of the late, great public address announcer, Bob Sheppard, brings No. 2 to the plate. Jose Reyes is back in New York, too. He made his name over in Queens playing for the Mets. R.A. Dickey is here but wont pitch. He won the Cy Young award two seasons ago on the other side of the city. Oh, and dont forget about the Blue Jays rookies mound opponent on this Tuesday: a rookie himself, technically, the Japanese phenom Masahiro Tanaka, whos dominated the early days of his major league career like he dominated for years back home. Then there is Marcus Stroman. Its strange that this, essentially a homecoming for a young man raised in the Long Island town of Medford, is somewhat lost in the shuffle. Hes the 23-year-old who stunned general manager Alex Anthopoulos, blowing his bubble gum in the middle of his windup. The kid seems born for the spotlight, even if it will shine more brightly on others. "Im usually pretty good with dealing with things like that," Stroman said on Sunday. "I dont let anything get to me or get me overly excited or kind of get me out of my game. Im fine. Im in a good place mentally. I feel good going into it. I have kind of an off-day just to hang out with friends in the city and then it will be Game on Tuesday." Medford is a sleepy town, according to Stroman, more than an hour from New York City. Its closer to the upscale Hamptons, a drive of about 45 minutes. Medford has one high school, Patchoggue-Medford High School, which Stroman attended before moving on to college at Duke University. Tampa Bay Rays Shirts. The town will awaken this evening. Many of its inhabitants, in fact, will venture to Yankee Stadium to watch the hometown boy pitch. Stroman has purchased up to 70 tickets for close family and friends. He said hes been told by another 50 or 60 people theyve bought ducats. Hell have a throng of about 130 people here rooting him on. "Anytime you have an opportunity to pitch in front of a bunch of family and friends, its exciting," said Stroman. "I should have a lot of – a bunch of people texting me, bunch of friends from high school, college, a lot of people reaching out to me saying theyre going to be at the game so thats always exciting to pitch in front of people whove been there along the way." Stroman is 3-1 in his first year in the big leagues, 2-1 as a starter. Hes gone six innings in each of his first three starts, losing his last outing against the Twins. In two of those appearances, including the Minnesota defeat, he didnt walk a batter. He has impressed with his fastball. His breaking stuff, particularly his curveball, has baffled opposing hitters. Hes developing his changeup. Hes not developing confidence. He already has it. His coaches brag about it. "I certainly dont see him as a guy whos going to nibble and pitch around guys," said pitching coach Pete Walker. "Hes definitely on the attack. His walks have been down and I would like to think that thats going to continue with him. He certainly trusts his stuff. Theres no doubt about that." Growing up, Stroman went to Yankees games at the old stadium and saw the Mets at Shea. He didnt cheer for either team. He admired players. Like most native New Yorkers, he watched Jeter in awe. On Tuesday night, hell pitch to Jeter. He doesnt know what to expect. "I cant even tell you," said Stroman. "Im sure itll settle in once Im kind of on the mound but Im pretty sure it will be surreal." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen