" Carlyle said of the play. "I know Kassian went into finish his check.

in camera talk Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:41 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

LOS ANGELES, Calif. Wholesale NHL Jerseys Authentic . - Jake Peavy helped the team with the most series victories in the majors this season to take one from a club that hadnt lost one in 2 1/2 months. Peavy pitched a three-hitter and the Boston Red Sox beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 8-1 Sunday night. The Red Sox, who won their 26th series, were the first team to capture one from the Dodgers since June 14-16, when Pittsburgh took two of three. But Los Angeles is 46-12 since June 22. "Tonight was a very big night for us, and we knew that," Peavy said. "We had to come in here and play a very good team that hadnt lost a series in quite a while. You watch them on tape, then watch them get ready for a game, and you see why theyve been so successful. "Theyve been on an incredible run, but were a good ballclub as well, and this shows the calibre of ballclub that we are," he added. "Were on the same level with those guys. I knew the day I walked into this clubhouse what we had here. And every guy, man for man, knows that were capable of playing with anybody on a given day. Its just up to us to be prepared to do that." Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Shane Victorino and Mike Napoli homered for the Red Sox on the anniversary of the blockbuster nine-player trade in which the Dodgers acquired Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett and Nick Punto from Boston. Gonzalez hit his 17th homer, driving an 0-2 pitch to centre field with one out in the fourth for the Dodgers first hit after the Red Sox staked Peavy to a 3-0 lead. "I dont like facing Adrian Gonzalez," said Peavy, Gonzalezs teammate for three-plus seasons in San Diego. "Hes an extremely good player, but that cant happen there on 0-2. Ive got to make a better pitch. I was trying to change his eye level way higher than it was. When I played with him, he hit about 40 a year, so Ive seen that multiple times. And it doesnt feel good being on the receiving end." The victory enabled the Red Sox to regain sole position of first place in the AL East and put them a game ahead of the Tampa Bay Rays, who lost 3-2 to the Yankees in 11 innings. The Dodgers maintained their 9 1/2-game lead over Arizona in the NL West, following the Diamondbacks 9-5 loss at Philadelphia. "I think this was a good little lesson for us," manager Don Mattingly said after watching his team get just four runs and nine hits combined against Peavy, John Lackey and Jon Lester in 24 1-3 innings. "If were going to be fortunate enough to do anything and get anywhere, thats the kind of pitching were gonna see. Youre gonna see teams with veteran pitching that knows that theyre doing, and you better have a game-plan when you walk up there." Peavy (10-5) threw 111 pitches in his 300th big league start, going the distance for the 16th time while striking out five and walking one. The right-hander is 2-1 with a 3.31 ERA in five starts since Boston acquired him in a trade from the Chicago White Sox. "We got ahead of most guys and dictated the count. You have to do that when youre going against a lineup as talented as they are," Peavy said. "Fortunately we were able to put a good game plan together." Chris Capuano (4-7) gave up three runs and six hits through five innings in his first career appearance against Boston. The 35-year-old left-hander, who was born in Springfield, Mass., has gotten through the seventh inning in only one of his 18 starts this season. Dustin Pedroia was credited with an infield hit in the first inning on a missed call by umpire Mark Carlson, who ruled him safe after shortstop Hanley Ramirez charged in on Pedroias grounder and Gonzalez scooped up the low throw in time. Victorino, who had doubled with one out before Pedroia came up, scored on Napolis ground-rule double to centre. But Capuano minimized the damage by getting Will Middlebrooks to ground into a double play, after loading the bases with a two-out intentional walk to Jonny Gomes. Pedroia made it 2-0 in the third with a sacrifice fly. Xander Bogaerts, playing in his fourth major league game, got his first RBI with a fourth-inning double, and the Red Sox increased the margin to 6-1 with Saltalamacchias two-run homer in the sixth and Victorinos solo shot in the seventh — both off rookie Chris Withrow. Napoli capped the scoring in the ninth with his 16th home run, a two-run shot against Brandon League. "You never want to lose two games in a row," Crawford said. "But weve just got to get back to doing what we do, put these two games behind us real quick and get back to our winning ways." NOTES: ESPN announcer John Kruk, scheduled to work the game with play-by-play man Dan Shulman and former Red Sox ace Curt Schilling, was taken to a hospital less than an hour before game time because of dizziness and dehydration, according to a network spokesman. ... The Dodgers are 94-72 since the trade, and the Red Sox are 84-82. ... RHP Clay Buchholz began a minor league rehab assignment on Sunday with Class A Lowell against Hudson Valley and faced seven batters, giving up three runs — one earned — along with a hit and three walks on 38 pitches. He hasnt pitched for the Red Sox since June 8 because of a neck strain. ... Peavy is the 25th pitcher to make at least 300 starts in the majors. His only relief appearance was with the White Sox on June 25, 2001. ... The Dodgers finished their interleague schedule 12-8, their first winning record against AL clubs since 2004 (10-8). The Red Sox, who dont complete their interleague slate until Sept. 24-25 at Colorado, are 13-5 against NL teams. NHL Jerseys From China . He is nigh unstoppable against the leagues worst. The 31-year-old dangerman set up two goals and scored two himself as Toronto FC rallied from a 2-0 deficit to defeat the slumping Houston Dynamo 4-2 on Saturday night. Wholesale NHL Jerseys Online . This is not some token job for a prominent, popular former player. All of those areas need a lot of work, so Molitor is going to be busy. "Hes certainly got a history and knowledge and a high baseball IQ," general manager Terry Ryan said. http://www.cheapnhlcustomjerseys.com/ .ca presents its latest weekly power rankings for the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season. VANCOUVER -- The list of Toronto Maple Leaf injuries grew Saturday when centre Dave Bolland was taken to hospital for surgery after suffering a cut on his left leg. On Monday, the team announced Bolland had undergone successful surgery in Vancouver "to repair a a severed tendon on the outside of his left ankle." and will be out indefinitely. Bolland was hurt early in the second period of Torontos 4-0 loss to the Vancouver Canucks when he was taken into the boards by Zack Kassian. Kassians skate appeared to hit the back of Bollands leg. The 27-year-old from Mimico, Ont., instantly crumpled to the ice. He was attempting to get back on his feet when Kassian scored the games second goal. Bolland had to be helped to the bench by teammates. After the game, Toronto coach Randy Carlyle could offer few details but compared Bollands injury to the one suffered last year by Erik Karlsson of the Ottawa Senators. Karlsson missed 10 weeks when his Achilles tendon was partially sliced while being checked into the boards by Matt Cooke of the Pittsburgh Penguins. "He suffered a cut similar to the Karlsson injury," said Carlyle. "I dont know the severity or which tendon, but he did suffer a cut into that area." Mooments after Carlyle spoke to reporters Bolland hobbled out of the Toronto dressing room on crutches. Stitched NHL Jerseys. . He was loaded onto a stretcher to be taken to hospital. "I havent really saw it," Carlyle said of the play. "I know Kassian went into finish his check. I cant comment other than that." Kassian said it was a clean hit. "I havent seen it again, or really looked," he said. "I just went in to finish my hit. I am not sure what even happened to him. "I went in there hard to finish my hit, I dont know what happened but it was a clean hit. I know it was clean so no talking about that." The Leafs are already without top centre Tyler Bozak and defenceman Mark Fraser. Goaltender James Reimer said Bollands injury will hurt the team. "Losing a guy like that, hes been real solid for us, probably one of our best players for the last couple of games," said Reimer, who faced 47 shots in the loss. "Its real tough to lose him but having said that, as a team we have to find a way to rally around him and play well for him and try to win one for him." Bolland came to the Leafs this year in a trade from Chicago. In 15 games he has six goals and four assists. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen