t, and I knew I could push the pace. I just gave Luke Barnatt

in camera talk Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:41 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

BRASILIA, Brazil -- IOC President Thomas Bach met Tuesday with Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff and said he feels "very confident" in the preparations for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. Wholesale Fake NBA Jerseys . But Bach acknowledged once again that Brazil has no time to lose and must speed up work for the first Olympics in South America. Rios preparations have been plagued by delays, the late approval of an operating budget and concerns about water pollution in Olympic venues for sailing, canoeing, rowing, and distance swimming. IOC members have talked openly about their worries and have constantly urged Rio organizers to move faster. "We are very confident," Bach said after talks with Rousseff in Brasilia. "Weve seen great progress in the last couple of months. The organizing committee has worked extremely well. But on the other hand, the president (Rousseff) also made it clear that time is key and we dont have any day to lose." Bach is making his first visit to Brazil since being elected president of the International Olympic Committee in September. The German was upbeat after meeting with Rousseff and said the Olympics would make Rio an even better city. "Im sure that after these Olympic Games the people of Rio and the people of Brazil will say -- like for instance the people of Barcelona or the people of Munich -- there is a Rio de Janeiro before the Olympic Games, and there is an even better city -- if in Rio de Janeiros case that is possible -- there is an even better city after the Olympic Games." After a long delay, Rio organizers are expected in the next few days to announce an operating budget. The original bid document listed the operating budget at $2.8 billion. Bid cities usually underestimate the costs, and observers expect the Rio operating budget to grow. The operating budget is to run the games themselves. About $11 billion more in public and private money will be spent on games-related projects, costs reflected in a separate capital budget. "I can assure you this will be a very reasonable operational budget," Bach said. "The organizing committee is working very hard to respect the budget limitations and to make it really reasonable." Bach is to meet Wednesday in Rio with organizers and government officials. Disagreements over the budget have gone on for months, with national, state and local governments debating who pays what. This is also an election year with Rousseff facing voters in October. Public spending on the World Cup and Olympics has become sensitive since protests last year during the Confederations Cup. Many Brazilians ask why billions are spent on two mega sports events when the country lacks good schools and hospitals. Rios chief operating officer, Leo Gryner, said in August that $700 million in public money would be needed to balance the operating budget. Since then, chief executive officer Sidney Levy, who took over a year ago, said the $700 million would not be needed with some new income expected from local sponsorships. Fake NBA Jerseys Sale . Miralem Pjanic dribbled through the defence to score an extraordinary goal in the 43rd minute at the Stadio Olimpico and Gervinho added another from a rebound in the 65th for Romas ninth straight victory — ending Milans five-match winning streak. Discount Fake NBA Jerseys . More importantly, he is trying to show his young teammates the Colorado are still post-season contenders. He hopes winning a series at home was a fresh start. http://www.fakenbajerseys.com/ . Vargas (8-3) allowed four singles and two walks while striking out five, allowing only two runners from a diluted Twins lineup to reach second base. Mike Moustakas and Jarrod Dyson hit RBI singles in the second inning against Kevin Correia (4-10), and that was all Vargas needed.BERLIN -- Gegard Mousasi forced Mark Munoz to tap out in the first round on Saturday in the main event of UFC Fight Night: Munoz vs. Mousasi at Germanys O2 World Berlin. Mousasi (35-4-2) showed resilience after a disappointing February loss to top contender Lyoto Machida. Munoz (13-5) wasted little time working inside for a takedown, but Mousasi showed ample defence, earning top position in an early scramble. Munoz eventually worked back to his feet, but Mousasi was always a step quicker with his movement and more accurate with his strikes. As Munoz continued to press for a takedown, Mousasi battered him with elbows and eventually moved to his opponents back. Bloodied and battered, Munoz tapped out at the 3:57 mark of the first round when Mousasi applied a rear-naked choke. "I worked a lot on the rear-naked choke and the guillotine," said Mousasi. "I set it up with punches, and I was able to get it. Hes a wrestler, so he always comes forward. I wanted to pick up the angles and slowly pick up the pressure." In the nights co-feature, C.B. Dolloway (15-5) made his case for a top-10 ranking with an impressive win over Frances Francis Carmont (22-9), a Tristar Gym fighter who lives in Montreal. Carmont used powerful strikes to batter Dolloway in the opening stages of the fight, kicking hard to the body and firing big right hands. Unfazed, Dolloway began to taunt his opponent and hang his chin before unleashing a crisp left hook that dropped Carmont to the floor. Dolloway pounced to finish, but Carmont quickly recovered and moved back to his feet. The two continued to trade strikes throughout an entertaining first round before Carmont scored a late takedown. However, Dolloway swept immediately to the top and finished the round in top position. Dolloway looked to work the body in the second, while Carmont continued to attack the legs and body with powerful kicks. Dolloway eventually worked inside for a takedown, moving to his opponents back and securing the dominant position. An alert Carmont tried to work for a kimura, but Dolloway kept his arm tucked and again finished the frame in a dominant position. In the third, Carmont initially looked for a takedown, but Dolloway defended the move and countered with one of his own. As blood trickled down his face, Dolloway advanced to his opponents back, but Carmont defended a choke attempt and worked back to his feet. A relentless Dollaway turned back to his wrestling, bringing the fight to the floor and movving quickly to mount. Fake NBA Jerseys Online. The pair scrambled for the remainder of the fight, but it was Dolloway who again was in top position at the bell. In the end, Dolloways effort was enough to earn him one of the biggest wins of his career by unanimous decision with scores of 30-27, 30-27 and 29-28. "Im exhausted, but I feel on top of the world," Dolloway said. "Francis was hard to get to, and he was a little bit more difficult to get past than I thought he would be. I took a while to adjust and to get into the fight. Now Ive just got to keep working. This is what I want, so Ive just got to keep on working to get there." In a middleweight matchup that failed to live up to expectations, Sean Strickland (15-0) earned a controversial split-decision win over Luke Barnatt (8-1). The contest played out at a moderate pace with neither athlete truly taking control of the pace. Strickland was the crisper striker in the early going, and scored an early takedown in the second frame. But along the way, Strickland suffered a broken hand, and it limited his offence for the rest of the contest. Barnatt picked up his offensive volume in the latter stages of the bout, but he never truly put together any significant combinations, and Strickland was awarded a split-decision win with scores of 28-29, 30-27 and 29-28. UFC president Dana White immediately posted on Twitter, stressing that he felt the wrong man was awarded the victory. "I should have pulled the trigger more," Strickland admitted after the win. "In the third round, I was pretty much useless. I know my cardio was there though, going into the fight, and I knew I could push the pace. I just gave Luke Barnatt a lot of respect. Hes a tough guy." In the nights first main-card contest, Swedish featherweight Niklas Backstrom (8-0) picked up a victory in his UFC debut, submitting Finnish veteran Tom Niinimaki (21-6-1) in the first round. Niinimaki worked hard to get the fight to the floor, but once there, Backstrom scrambled first for a guillotine choke and then transitioned to his opponents back. Once in place, Backstrom locked a sneaky rear-naked choke, forcing a tap from Niinimaki with 45 seconds left in the first round. "Life is weird you know; you just have to work the hardest that you can and then everything will fall into place," an emotional Backstrom said. "This has been a really, really big dream for me. Everything happens so fast in the UFC." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen