feels pretty good about going for Sundays game.Sco

in camera talk Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:17 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

PHOENIX - Zack Wheeler pitched effectively, New Yorks hitters lashed balls all over Chase Field and the Mets walked away with a much-needed win. Elie Okobo Suns Jersey . Whats concerning is what it may cost them down the road. New York opened a three-game series in the desert with a 7-3 win over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Monday night, but lost Juan Lagares and Curtis Granderson to injuries. Granderson should be OK in a few days after injuring his left forearm and ribs during a collision with the wall, but Lagares could be out for a little while after straining his right hamstring legging out a grounder. "We look at the big picture, its tough for us," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "Its really tough. Hes played absolutely great, hes swung the bat well, hes earned that right to be out there every day. For this to happen to him now, its a tough break for him and a tough break for everybody." Granderson hit the wall while tracking down a flyball by Miguel Montero in the first inning and left in the sixth as his arm and ribs got progressively sorer. X-rays were negative. Lagares could be out a little longer. New Yorks best hitter at .319, he raced hard down the line on a fielders choice in the seventh. He tried to stay in the game, but left after consulting with the Mets trainer. The injuries overshadowed what had been a solid game for New York, which has yet to get on track early in the season. David Wright added two RBIs and the Mets had 13 hits to open a three-game series. Wheeler (1-2) worked around traffic to end a five-start winless streak and Carlos Torres got the final eight outs for his first career save. Lagares will be evaluated Tuesday morning to see how severe the injury is. "Grandy will be OK, but somebodys got to step up, someone else has got to be the guy," Collins said. The Diamondbacks continued to struggle at home. Montero had three RBIs, but Josh Collmenter (0-1) gave up three runs the first three innings and Arizona was unable to bounce back, losing its sixth straight at home, the longest streak since Aug. 24-29, 2012. "Were just not in sync," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said. The Mets and Diamondbacks entered this three-game series hoping to get a spark after a difficult start to the season. Pitching has been a problem during the Mets mediocre run. New York is 26th in the majors with a 4.97 ERA and is the worst in baseball at keeping the ball in the yard, giving up 21 homers. Bartolo Colon gave up four on Sunday, when the Mets allowed 11 extra-base hits — tied for second-most in team history — in a 14-2 loss to Anaheim. Wheeler gave up plenty of baserunners, but no homers and only a couple of runs. Montero hit a run-scoring double off the right-hander in the first inning — when Granderson crashed into the wall — and added a sacrifice fly in the third. Wheeler worked around runners over the next four innings before being lifted with one out in the seventh. He allowed two runs on six hits in 6 2-3 innings. "I did have the three walks, which was a bit of a disappointment, but I did get faster outs," Wheeler said. "I kept my pitch count down, for the most part." Arizona has struggled with its own pitching woes, entering the game with a baseball-worst 5.95 ERA. Hoping to give their beleaguered bullpen a rest, the Diamondbacks turned to Collmenter, a one-time starter who turned into an innings-eating reliever. The over-the-top-throwing right-hander was moved up to the rotation after Randall Delgado and Trevor Cahill were moved to the bullpen after struggling. Collmenter didnt help the bullpen much, giving up three runs in four innings in his first start since Sept. 30, 2012. "I hit a lot of my spots, they fouled a lot of pitches off and I didnt get outs early," Collmenter said. "I was happy with my command, for the most part." New York added two more runs in the fifth inning against Mike Bolsinger in his major league debut, going up 5-2 on run-scoring singles by Granderson and Duda. Wright had an RBI single in New Yorks two-run eighth off Ryan Rowland-Smith. NOTES: Lagares extended his hitting streak to nine games with a second-inning double. ... Bolsinger allowed two runs on six hits in three innings. ... Mets RHP Jenrry Mejia will be looking to cut down on his walks in the second game of the series against Arizona on Tuesday. Hes walked nine in 11 innings his first two starts, though has yet to lose (1-0). ... RHP Bronson Arroyo, who will start against the Mets, is 8-3 with a 3.63 ERA in 14 career starts against New York. Ryan Anderson Suns Jersey . In a series of tweets, it is explained by the Department of Player Safety that Niederreiter makes full body contact with Burrows and although there is head contact, he does not "pick" the head in the course of making the hit. Deandre Ayton Suns Jersey . The 57-year-old Tietjens has coached New Zealand to nine IRB World Sevens titles and to four Commonwealth Games gold medals as its only coach in the professional era. New Zealand Rugby Union chief executive Steve Tew said the re-signing was made with a focus on 2016 when sevens will be in the Olympics. https://www.thesunslockerroom.com/Kevin-Johnson-City-Edition-Jersey/ . The Blue Jackets play Thursday night at New Jersey in their first game after the NHLs Olympic hiatus. A native of Trencin, Slovakia, Gaborik has represented his country at the 2006 and 2010 Olympics but was unable to play in Sochi because of his injury.DALLAS - Kobe Bryant is sitting out his third straight game to rest his sore body but could be back in the lineup when the Lakers return home for their next outing.Bryant was ruled out Friday night at Dallas, but coach Byron Scott said his star feels pretty good about going Sunday night against Phoenix.The 36-year-old Bryant has said his knees, feet, back and Achilles tendons are all sore.He was sidelined Tuesday night when Los Angeles beat NBA-leading Golden State at home, then again Christmas night at Chicago. The game against the Mavericks was the third in four nights for the Lakers.If he had felt good he would have gone last night and tonight as well, Scott said before the Lakers faced the Mavericks, who beat them 140-106 last month in Dallas. Just didnt feel good last night and back-to-back 24 hours, not ggoing to feel a whole lot better. Steve Nash Jersey. I think he feels pretty good about going for Sundays game.Scott said a reduction in Bryants minutes was likely a consideration when he returns. Hes averaging a team-high 35.5 minutes, about 3 fewer per game than his past two full seasons in 2011-2012 and 2012-13.Bryant tore his left Achilles late in the 2012-13 season, and played just six games last season after breaking a bone in his left knee last December.We both thought that 30-40 minute mark was pretty good, Scott said. Obviously were going to have to adjust that a little bit. But this is new for both of us.In his 19th NBA season, Bryant entered Friday third in the league in scoring at 24.6 points per game. He passed Michael Jordan for third place on the career scoring list Dec. 14 at Minnesota. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen